1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

White scroll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by umaga, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    11:55 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Honestly this makes the most sense to me. It sets a hard upper limit to the price as well as being a meso sink which I believe the server really needs.

The only prob is that v62 class imbalances means mages prevail again. Maybe one way around this is that, in order to purchase WS from an NPC, you need both meso and to clear a series of bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    i think we're all forgetting the big elephant in the room, "Multi-clienting (sweaty) Mages".

Even if we solve the WS/CS issue it'll bottleneck elsewhere in the economy because players are creative. Which is why limiting this ugly meso farming scene is necessary.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:55 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The trash mages at mannies all day print more mesos than the multi-mage farmers with optimal setups. I don't even know why people still blame them when they're only a small community of players. Marathon vs. sprint.

The only difference is that the multi-mage farmers are smart enough to know that White Scrolls are a better store of value.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:55 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Trying to fix multimaging or other forms of raw 'meso printing' is always gonna resort in some sort of cat-and-mouse game where sweaties find out new ways to farm meso.
    Imho the way to resolve the constant inflation falls back to a principle this server has always relied on: meso sinks.

5. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    4:55 AM
    Can someone point out what's the downside of having a NPC that directly sells ws/cs?
    This introduces a upper limit price which also acts as a huge meso sinks.
    Lets say the NPC price is 200m, even with the most degen meso farming strat by akash still takes 5 hours to get 1 ws/cs, while casual ulu2 farmers takes 25hours to do so.
    Main advantage is the meso generated will get removed directly instead of depending on trades (takes ~20? trades to sink half of its value)

Power creep will definitely be a thing, but at this point, it is just asking how much power creep staffs gonna give for the price to not keep inflating.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I like this idea, but only if the addition of a tax is included. Similarly to the ws-fragments from bosses thingie, where you can sell a ws for 200m but buy one for like 205 or whatever. At least let there be a tax that prevents whitescroll trading from avoiding the normal flat tax.

Meso sink good. Ws stock bad.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Could possibly bring this time down to 3-4 hours via an octomage strategy. But I'll have to leave that to future sweatlords as my setup simply can't handle it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    4:55 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    What if each white scroll on a account gave a permanent cumulative 1% tax increase per minuite.

People could not get rid of them fast enough.

577983934311432226.png

9. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    1:55 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I made a thread about this idea here.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/npc-that-sells-ws-cs.40260/

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Let's do a funny and pull a MapleStory, make Clean Slate scrolls not boom anymore so WS become literally useless (Getting Clean scrolls in Maple is also easy as hell)

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    I think there is no need to apologize to anyone out there. We are all here for one reason, to make MapleLegends better than before.

World peace.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Or to meme on how things go on in the game e,e

• Like Like x 1
  13. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    One-of-a-Kind-WS with a lvl 50 requirement to hold a WS. The level 50 requirement will act as a deterrent for those who want to make 123102381 WS storage mules.
    Sorry new players, save your gachapons until you've reached level 50.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    You're onto something.. Let's think... ... ... Clean Slate scrolls adjusted to not take up a slot on an item 50% of the time or something? What we really need.. if we want to throw a monkey wrench into everything is releasing the pink 50% event scrolls from GMS :) OR if we want a fun solution we've already seeeeen.... give us another Summer Of Chaos event :eyes:

im notoriously bad at expressing myself on forums i so feel this guy you quoted and your response <3

quick edit: I had a question for this thread before quoting people and being sort of off topic and that is... Is this WS issue only impacting end game players? Do lucky noobs gaching these things and getting #paid face any consequences or mid level 80-180 people playing a huge chunk of the game not aiming for perfection? From what I can tell, a lot of useful scrolls especially weapon scrolls and other stuff has deflated heavily or stabilized greatly. I'm just curious about the wider impacts and ramifications of the ws issue because I feel like in general I'm unaware and I'm interested in being informed.

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Current ws / cs prices should be really good for new players. If they hit 1 they can pretty much afford all of their early to mid game gear for their character or leech straight to 120+. It will only start to bite them towards the end of late game, where higher ws / cs prices mean higher equipment prices. It also significantly screws them over towards end game, as the end game grind at this point is over 1.5 times as hard as it use to be 1 year ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Fuck that, you know miracle scrolls from EMS? they are literally 10% but with a 100% pass rate. Let's do this!
    Now seriously making progress more tied to non-player interactions seems to work a bit better like in GMS altho yeah I know it still the system is full of bullshit due to the shitty RNG that Neckson applies to the games but that's how the game is, you get better not by playing the game but by being insanely lucky (unless you add the harder bosses from post bb) but I digress

17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    So basically the currently proposed coin system but also with a meso cost?

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    iirc doesn't the proposed coin system already includes meso cost when u buy them from NPC?
    imo the bigger need is to tax those coins when trading, not just when buying from npc

19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Not really. The proposed coin system relies on player-to-player trade since coins drop from bosses and are split between runners. There is a small meso sink involved (5m) for each WS/CS purchased. It's a three-pronged strategy: (1) improving bossing income via coin splits (2) create more availability of ws/cs (3) have a small meso sink. I think others have said there would be an incentive to hoard coins since they gate WS/CS.

What I had suggested was full-out purchasing ws/cs through an npc with meso - no other currency needed. It would be a heavy meso sink and wouldn't touch bossing income at all. It could be locked behind a repeatable questline or something if ppl think its not time-gated enough idk. At least here there would be 0 reason to hoard any currency/WS/CS other than meso since the latter would have the most value. But does it make the game too easy? That's up for discussion.

Unfortunately with this suggestion you would either need a way to buff bossing income or somehow gate access to ws/cs to mages since they can farm meso the fastest.

20. COYS

COYS Red Snail

Oct 13, 2021
    fishyfish
    I/L Mage
    Making gacha being purchasable with meso (500k common x1) (1m rare x1)- This would create a natural meso sink and still have the aspect of RNG fun :D- chance to get ws and cs

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1