1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Make equipment rewards from party quests tradeable within your account

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soblet, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:12 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hi,

Since many of the party quest equipment rewards will receive buffs this patch and many of us will be unable to obtain them on our older characters can we make them tradeable within the account so that we still have a chance to get them?

It would involve the following equips;

• [​IMG] Squishy shoes
    • [​IMG] Broken glasses
    • [​IMG] (Glittering) Altaire earrings
    • [​IMG] Goddess wristband
    • [​IMG] Horus's eye
    • [​IMG] Lord pirate's hat (each version)

None of these are very gamebreaking and they require a decent amount of effort to obtain. I think they will be very competitive with existing gear but the nature of them being untradeable also makes them less wanted for scrolling (cannot resell).

This would also populate PQ's more yay.

Let me know what you think and thank you for your consideration.

• Agree x 41
    • Like x 9
    • Disagree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:12 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Is "tradable-within-account" even a thing in v62 client? I don't think it is

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Good point and I am actually not sure. If it isn't you could give them the cash shop tag just like how the lord pirate's chair functions.

Though that would mean islanders could get these aswell..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:12 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Nice idea but I just noticed this can equipping element pierce + glittering altaire earrings in same time. oops.
    (or scrolled BWG + goddess wristband. OOPS)

Whether this is possible in v62 maple or not, I think this is good idea. I mean, sharable inside account.
    Because it's really sad that just because we born and grew up before todays great PQ patch, we can't use them....

• Like Like x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea we don't want that ofcourse haha.

Maybe someone in the know can tell if it's possible to implement or not. I have good faith in the staff team that they would implement this well if it were to be accepted.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:12 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    glittering earring might be super competitive against the usual single dex earring.

also iirc goddess wristband now guarentees 4int. thats a real op washing gear.

not sure about Horus eye, but i guess tge rest r ok

• Like Like x 1
  7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    As much as this sounds nice.
    I imagine everyone will be spamming EPQ for the 14 stats earring lol.
    The rest of the equips doesn't sound too op

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I feel like this would lower the amount of people who participate in pqs because you don't need to do it on another character, but maybe people don't really do it again anyways

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Thanks for all the replies ^_^

Glittering earring is amazing and obviously better than a lvl 15 earring that you can buy for a couple K. It's still not best in slot for any jobs endgame though.

Goddess wristband has a lvl 50 requirement so that kindof kills the washing potential a bit and there's the 2 int YWG, 3 int red marker or BWG it has to compete with. I think this is not an issue.

Horus's eye is good but also not the best endgame option for any job and has a lvl 70 requirement so you would likely still go derp star > horus > MON or HTP.

Remember all of these are available to appropriate leveled chars already, require a fair amount of effort to obtain and are untradeable.

Yup the glittering earrings are a great option for sure, but it's not like i'm suggesting to add a new equip here. You already can get them, just not when you're overleveled.

These would only be tradeable within the account so unless you have mutliple characters you play on one account (which I think most people don't) you'd still have to get the equips multiple times.

10. Hanger

Hanger Orange Mushroom

Mar 27, 2021
    Male
    Malaysia
    Permanovice
    Beginner
    GangGang
    Bump this is a necessary addition
    - reduces time spent for main characters being "stuck" at PQs for rewards; i.e. mains can enjoy playing the game and worry about endgame gear later rather than feeling forced to sit at PQs waiting for a good enough or a perfected reward - i.e. no buyer's regret or stagnant gameplay.
    - provides a cheaper alternative to receive top tier gear through playtime instead of pure luck and insane funding
    - enables old characters that missed out on revamped PQ rewards, to obtain the new PQ rewards; this is super useful for Beginners.
    - adds risk of PQ Mule Lords crowding channels to get 6 Gloves at once to create godly gear. Although this isn't that much of a worry considering those aiming for godly gear only really scroll stuff for profit, and PQ gear is non tradeable, ergo no profits. As well as this is assuming PQs become popular again - which is a bit of a reach.
    - enables players with PQ mules to populate more consistently PQs such that their mains can get the hyper valuable Horus Eye or the Glittering Altaire Earrings, as well as giving actual runs to those who would otherwise be sitting at PQs for weeks without runs (my Beginner Permanovice struggled through MPQ hell with waiting for runs as well as PPQ hell with waiting for runs).
    - This is seriously just better for PQs in general, it gives PQs an extra reason to be played and assist with populating them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Bumping this suggestion.

I do not think this will be gamebreaking at all because all of these equips still require significant time investment to get (aside from maybe the slime shoes when ur lucky kek). I think this is a welcome addition to the game and does not give the server too much of a "custom" character.

Pls kimmy add this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. xinzyl

xinzyl Red Snail

Nov 13, 2021
    3:12 PM
    Beginner
    Bumping this too >< just got 2str squishy shoes on my mage and 2int shoes on my warrior, it will be nice to be able to share it with another mule character from the same account...

• Like Like x 2
  13. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    upload_2021-12-27_19-36-12.png

YASS PLEASE!!! I'd love for some speed from the Lord Pirate's Hat and Squishy Shoes

Time to make some PQ MULES for farming MAXED OUT equips!? OnionF3

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If possible I'd prefer it to be transferred through the storage NPC and not through the cash shop which would mean islanders/campers don't get access yet.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    8:12 AM
    Dragon Knight
    This is very pog and smart idea

And would not depopulate PQs because as someone mentioned this suggestion 'tradeable within account' doesn't change how most old players levelling new characters in PQs are using new accounts per character.

The only net changes to PQ populations would be in fact -
    Old players who make a new character on existing accounts, to transfer over PQ gear to those existing characters

Which is a net positive for PQs

Also 'devalue existing gear' so what. Devalue existing gear that is gated behind huge amounts of mesos/essentially inaccessible for new players/first accounts?

Whats the problem. If this kind of update makes washing/obtaining good quality equips easier for new players and noobs I'm all for it. Especially because the competitive option is PQ reward gear versus grinding gear. We should incentivise PQs because already grinding/leeching is superior to PQ in every way, the only tangible reward that currently props PQs above the alternatives are these rewards. PQ equips shouldn't be second place to meso options they should be neck and neck

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:12 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Bump this thread, and bump to faelfael one too!

• Like Like x 2
  17. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    I imagine it would be something they would already know how to implement, as they've implemented it on the Pirate PQ chair. The PPQ chair was untradeable in the base game, but ML classified it as a CS item. This allowed it to be transferred between characters on a single account.

• Like Like x 2
  18. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    bump! please give us new best in slots to chaos and make pqs great again

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    Storageable PQ equips will make LPQ glasses interesting to chaos w/o being stuck forever lv 50 on the main character

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    5:12 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    The earliest time I could think of is when Aran came out. That however also had a "One time storage trade" penalty on it as well.