1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Having an item in the inventory cash tab to replace prequest requirements to boss

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ScarletMoon, Aug 13, 2021.

Support?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2021.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Others: Please do comment below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    9:29 PM
    I have recently received the error that wipes our your quest and keyboard settings (still not reset yetOnionF4). I was told that we could only post this error as a character issue thread in forums and I heard that some people takes up to 2 weeks for this error to be fixed.

A major problem i faced with this issue is that with all my quest gone, all the prerequisites for boss are gone as well. In other words, you are unable to join runs like zak/JC/NT just to name a few. This is a major issue as if you have signed up for runs, which are common for HT and PB, resetting of the quest might just mean that you will be unable to join for a long time. I imagine a worse case scenario where runners for PB would have to complete another 15x 999 kill quest and 3 area boss hunts just to join the run. At which point it might be better to give up as not everybody could just take a few hours or up to a few days/weeks off to rush the quest.

However, I was still able to host cwk as I have obtained the keystone and it allowed me to continue to act as a host even though all the prequests were wiped from my character. Based on this, I have the suggestion of having a replacement items that one could hold in the cash tab (other tabs are more limited) that could allow the player to sign up/enter the premise to go for the runs.

These items could be handed out after the completion of the prequests so that one would not be able to abuse these items. These items would follow with the recent event's apr that cannot be transferred to other characters in the same account as well.

Through this method, we could eliminate the urgency of needing the quests back without affecting gameplay and admins could take their time in addressing the issue. Of course, this may not be limited to bossing as without those prequests, one would not be able to do cwk exchange as well. These could be slowly added but I believe it would be possible and eliminate the problem that comes from this sort of issue. Hope you would consider this suggestion.OnionSorry

Side note: Please restore my quests
    OnionYesOnionYesOnionYes

2. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    4:29 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    That will really bother me if they just make an item to each quest to override the prequests..
    That means the problem is not solved, just been override.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    9:29 PM
    The system suggested was made with bossing in mind, this system won't be for every quest that requires a prequest since most quest lines are not long/tiresome to complete.

This sort of item should only be given for quests that would affect gameplay.

The example I gave was for TOT/NT questline, for which if the quest was resetted, you would not be able to entire the entire area, which would affect your gameplay diversely.

Also, yes, this doesn't solve the issue that causes quest to reset. However, as I am not an admin, there is no way for me to know what is causing the issue or if it can be eradicated. This is merely a band-aid suggestion to allow player to continue their gameplay in spite of quest being resetted.

• Friendly Friendly x 1