1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Allow Gifts on CS.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Stas., Apr 23, 2015.

Allow Gifts on CS

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    5:05 AM
    Hello guys.
    I Know this topic would pretty much get draged to an argue
    So please people like "NSFW" avoid replaying it.

Ok i would like to suggest to allow Gifts.
    I Know the staff trying to avoid this to lower the chance of abuse & ruined economy.
    But please u guys should be a bit Open-Mind about this issue.

We avoid the abuse aspect by making Gacha & Gift's available from lvl 35+ Only.
    The vote level remain lvl 1.
    *People that would like to abuse NX for gacha , would have first get char's to 35.
    *Person who targeted gacha abuse , can easliy make char get it to 35 and gacha on it , and just xfer the rewards.
    -So blocking gifts just make it harder on the legit players , and same for the abusers.

Adding gift option to the game would open another path to the economy to grow to.
    GMS-like had gift option and MTS system , both system allowed players to get nx items.
    So blocking it here in some way hurt's the origianl game-play.

So many may worry about HP wash be abused, So NO.
    If someone wash HP when he put AP's in int (must do to get max)
    He needs around 2k of ap's to get the ap' back and wash , and thats 2k x 3.1k = u imagine that number.
    So it still be a huge effort to get ap's .
    When a person can get 5k per day , means he get around 3Ap's in 2 days.
    Ap's would cost around 10-20m each on future , and to get 2k ap's u need to pay enormous amount of mesos.
    And we all know hard u need to farm to get mesos here.

Making gifts possible also can help new players to get a lil bit better grip at the server economy.
    By allowing them to sell the nx to get mesos for the fresh start

Maybe there is more things to think of about this issue , but from what i have mentioned i see the the reasons of adding the Gift option.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:05 AM
    Here's my thoughts:
    I am of the view that MTS (and to some extent, gifting) was only in place so that players who couldn't/wouldn't spend any money on Maple still had some sort of means to obtain NX stuff with mesos. Since NX is free here, there is no need for such a system, and no need to emulate original gameplay via adding the MTS.

Something similar can be said of gifting, which allows players to send special NX gifts to friends. But given the name it's clear that this system was to allow people to send presents for free, and not to encourage trading NX for mesos (before the MTS came out). Furthermore, real money was paid for NX, so it allows the user greater freedom of choice to do what he wants with the money he spent. And again, since NX is free here and everyone is (at the moment) entitled to gain the same rate of NX, gifting will allow you to donate a portion of your share to others, which raises the debate on whether we should allow NX redistribution like that, especially because of potential vote abuse and selling/buying of NX for mesos, which is a separate topic, but it nonetheless contributes to the weakening of the idea of gifting being added to send gifts to others for free in this context.

So in general, I don't feel that "keeping original game-play" is a strong point for allowing full-range gifting because the situation and circumstances in Private Servers (NX is free, NX is obtainable equally by everyone on a daily basis) differ from that of the original server (you pay for however much you want).

This part is more theoretical. 2000 resets sounds like a gross over-estimate, I believe the average washer would only require up to 300 resets per character.

Also, the price may be high, but abusers will sell for low to rake in cash quickly. If abusers don't get caught before then, the damage is done and it may be hard to trace where the abused resets have gone to, even if traced it's hard to decide what to do with the situation.

The price itself is likely to be set based on how much people are willing to offer for NX. So the richer the economy is as a whole, the higher the price. But this means that richer players will have more access to NX than poor players which raises the question of balance (whether NX should be something that people may have varying amounts of depending on in-game wealth), and also I think the price point will be relatively low in the eyes of rich players, and they may not find it that expensive to buy NX with mesos which allows easier washing.

I think new players have enough avenues to try and earn some money: Doing quests that gives pots, selling fame and/or asking from friends/other players. I don't think this is a good enough reason to risk the downsides of allowing free gifting (potential abuse damage etc). Also, if you implement a level 35 restriction (which is the same as gach), then players already have the option of gaching for money when they reach the level, they don't have to sell NX directly for it. If there were no restriction, then it makes things easier for potential abusers.

Gifting cosmetic NX is not bad, but I'm more cautious with regards to content-based stuff like gach and AP resets (and VIP rocks to some extent). If your main motivation is to allow gifting of cosmetics, then maybe we can just ban resets/gach/rocks from being gifted and allow the rest. If you're looking at the game-content NX, then could you elaborate more on precisely why you think they should be giftable despite the said challenges? (I am unclear on the "boosting economy" part, and how the benefits of gifting would outweigh the cons.)

And if I'm not wrong, there will be future ways to earn NX in-game, and those NX earned would be Gift Cash which would allow you to gift anything. So there is some sort of a gift system in place already, and because Gift Cash would be much more rare than normal Vote Cash, the quantities and prices of resets/other stuff sold would definitely be higher than if we allowed Vote Cash to be used for gifting. That might maybe even act as a meso sink to slow inflation (if people are willing to spend that large sum of money for NX).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  3. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:05 AM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    Well they allow gifting on Game NX, not Voting NX prolly to minimize sales of NX ingame.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    10:05 PM
    Moderator Post
    Moving to accepted since gifting works, just not with the same NX that you receive from voting (to prevent vote abuse where players vote and gift themselves items). Once the achievement system is finished, there will be a much more consistent way to earning game cash for gifting purposes.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.