1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted 2x vote event soon? Has been a while

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by ctjh1996, Aug 15, 2021.

1. ctjh1996

ctjh1996 Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    Male
    6:33 PM
    Coolleb96; Mamypoko
    Beginner, Bishop
    Hello :) I know we shouldn’t ask for things and stuff and with all the GTOP shenanigans but can we please have some x2 vote event soon please?

1) it has been 3 months since the last 2x event, I know the anniversary event was 1 month but surely there could be 1 2x vote event implemented to ease in Washing a little?

2) adding on, if we expect Summer to be close to the time last year, that will be in 1 month so it could easily be rationalised that we’d have no x2 vote event further

3) I’m a washed character alrdy, just doing stale washing now but last year’s 2x vote events were incredibly useful for me to not feel like a weakling and I’m sure new players will appreciate it a lot. But if ya all wanna make it hard for them like that, it’s fine by me :)

Thanks for reading

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:33 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    We need that x2 vote to incentivize even more votes so the shady dealings that GTOP has!!!! just in case we fall again to place 4 at the beginning of the next month

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Good luck competing against GTOP's broken pay2win model.

4. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    After watching The Forever Purge I suggest that we have a 2x Vote Event Ever After that never ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    10:33 AM
    While I obviously would like a 2x vote event so I can get more cash, I don't think we really need one while NX is still farmable from mobs.

The purpose of the NX being farmable at the moment was to mitigate issues people were having with voting. If a 2x vote event happens while these issues are (presumably) still ongoing, that would be a kick in the balls to anyone having those issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    ctjh1996

ctjh1996 Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    Male
    Coolleb96; Mamypoko
    Beginner, Bishop
    Let’s be real here on farmable NX. The amount extra you get from x2 vote (5k) easily beats the gains of some hardcore farmers and not everyone has that much time to grind NX cards. I’m just concerned for the new players in getting some relief on washing as highlighted by my point 3 please

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I agree with this. Also, for a bit now the 2x vote events have had the added bonus of NX cards temporarily dropping. I know they have been dropping for a while now, but the nx farmed is just not that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    7:33 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    If the drop rate of nx coupons were to be increased, It could be an effective temporary measure that would make gaining Vote cash outside of voting more viable. The current drop rate is indeed ridiculously low compared to the amount gained from voting, even for hardcore farmers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:33 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You can gain over 5k an hour from just farming NX in game.

10. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    How/where are you able to achieve that? HHG2 with single target ability similar to event currency or something else? Seems like a lot to me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Optimised GPQ I guess.

12. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    7:33 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    Most likely through multi-maging

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    To clarify what I said: I don't mean that the NX gained from farming is a real substitute for a 2x event. Just that given the farmable NX is still available, and the reason it was put into place was to mitigate people's issue with voting, it stands to reason that some people still have issues with voting. Following from that: I don't think it would be very kind to set up a 2x event if there's a significant number of players having trouble voting.

14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As someone that is rather active on bith Discord and the Forums I'm willing to argue that very few people are having any issues similar to the ones that caused any of this to be in place.

This is not only speaking from my own experience but also the amount of people that I see that claim to have issues has gone down tremendously. Obviously I can't speak for everyone and there will always be people with issues. However, I'm willing to confidently claim that voting on Gtop has become a lot easier than during the times we had have 2x vote.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a 2x vote event at this point.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Do you have any actual numbers to back that up or just your anecdotes? You may well be right, but what you've said isn't evidence for anything.

Even if you do, staff should have access to a better statistic to base this on, anyway. It wouldn't be hard for them to see how many accounts are actively playing but not voting. If I'm wrong in my assumption that the NX drops are still there because there are still problems, staff should obviously ignore what I'm saying since it's based on a false premise. Arguing amongst ourselves without actual data is a little pointless.

I agree that it isn't unreasonable to ask, it just may be unreasonable for staff to actually give us one if there are ongoing issues. If there aren't, then yeah, of course I'm in favour of this

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Obviously neither of us have actual data to back up any claims made, so other than the drastically lower amount of people coming in Discord asking for help on why they can't vote I got nothing.
    And I do fully agree that if there's still more people than before with issues on Gtop it's not a sensible thing to be giving out 2x vote as it'll kind of feel like a fuck you towards them.

Regardless, I don't think it's unreasonable if staff decides to not do any 2x vote events anymore and keep cash dropping continuously along with future other ways of gaining NX which are still somewhere on the roadmap. It suits the vision of being less reliant on Gtop and moving away the necessity of voting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think the nx drop rate is pretty low, unless you really grinds and mobs. Tbh is quite hard to do on attackers and they need the NX the most.
    The overall rate is almost certain to be lower than the what average to be 5 days of 2x vote.

This might be less overall nx for most of the players, only more for a handful that really actively plays and grinds.
    But I dont really mind letting those really active players have more gain compare to just voters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1