1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Revert the Ellin forest map changes

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Galcian, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    12:58 PM
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Don't know why anyone thought this was a good idea. The maps were perfect the way they were. No one used them to grind and no one ever will so don't tell me that's the reason.

Failing that at least give Tree Rods their own map and kick out the stupid rock bugs. Thanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:58 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Thats a mighty limited view. A map currently not being used for grinding doesn't mean that certain changes would not make it a perfectly valid option.

The reason for its early release I'm not entirely sure about. It does feel a little clunky. However, it's a work in progress and I'm glad they're trying to revamp it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I also preferred the previous version. It felt more like you were progressing into the forest and now it's like the portals don't even go to the same places, the maps are larger but they were already very comfortable sized, one of the portals doesn't work at all, the tree roots are much harder to hunt for, and now there's a really OP area that does nothing but kill new players.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    9:58 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Wasn't there going to be newer content for like an Ellin ring v2 or upgrade quests?

And any new player thats going to adventure into any unknown map has a possibility of dying, its part of adventuring. It makes it fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Finally

Finally Mano

Feb 20, 2021
    Male
    1:58 PM
    Papylon
    Shadower
    I believe on the contrary. The new Ellin resembles more of a maze which feel more accurate to the situation that those NPCs find themselves in. It was a new and unexplored land at that time.

BUT, i do agree with you about how poorly this content was re-implemented. Ratio of mobs are a mess and the cave with the boars are a deathtrap even to mid/early high leveled and non-washed players' characters. And all this gives a butchered/rushed vibe to the said content which is somewhat vital to the lore and some game progression.

• Like Like x 1
  6. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    +1 to this. After all, that taxi to ant tunnel still exists in lith harbour, and other things like Jr boogies and that pit with the stone golem between sleepywood and henny. Noob traps are gms-like and nostalgic.
    OnionMuha

I also like the linearness of the old maps and how you feel more like you're progressing as you do the questline.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    The tree rods absolutely need a better grinding map, really fucking annoying that the rework got rid of them for no reason at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Rework will be reverted next patch, because I don't feel like working on it right now. Can't be done without a patch, so not anytime sooner.

EDIT: Only Ellin's, that's the unfinished one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    time to save the noob trap cave on your tele rocks

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Will not work.

11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    :( I like the idea of having a secret hideout that can only be reached via tele rocks. Granted it would be a kinda crappy hideout with no safespots and mobs hitting 5k but it's still something

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:58 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Finally got around to visiting the new Ellin Forest and I disagree with most of the complaints here. I think the changes made the area much more dynamic and interesting to explore. It seems more apparent now that the fork in the road leads to two past forms of the cities we know as Perion (primitive boars) and Henesys (mossy mushrooms). Could it be that as we explore deeper, we'd reach a past form of Sleepywood?

I also enjoy the noobtraps and the mix of low-level and high-level content. It brought back memories of exploring Victoria Island for the first time and finally venturing deeper and deeper into Sleepywood tunnels.

I like the additions of portals, but I think tacking on visible portal icons on each new portal ruins some of the exploration aspect of the game. Finding out a secret portal or hidden street using background indicators was one of the fun parts of exploring Maple long ago. Now that everything has a portal icon, it kind of ruins the discovery aspect of the game.

Lastly, the main issue I'd agree with is the lower spawn rate of Tree Rods which make for a harder card hunt mob. However, the mob itself drops the card frequently, so it isn't even that big of a deal. I was able to farm 5/5 in about 15 minutes even with the new changes.

With all said, I hope staff continues to expand on the Ellin Forest expansion. It's probably one of my favorite regions of Maple that I had never gotten to experience while playing GMS, and it has some of the prettiest ambient design, imo.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Could always make portals that lead to a flipped version of the same map so the vision and work doesnt go to waste or some type of third path.