1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Neo Tokyo Drop Rate and Restrict Coin Muling

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gurk, Jul 15, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:45 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    As of today, I now have 180 runs worth of drop data for Verga and EV of a kill has gone up to 3.1m, which translates to about 1m splits for a trio (which generally take close to 20 minutes), or about 1.8m splits factoring in coins for a single character. This ends up being a paltry 5.4m/hr (3.1m/hr excluding coins) before pot costs, and just by bringing in an additional two chars for coin muling one can comically double this meso/hr to a respectable 10.8m. I regularly bring in 5 chars into Verga, which would increase my effective splits to 5.3m per run, or about 16m/hr. In other words, bringing in coin mules is the only way to make Verga worth doing outside of exp.

As for Nameless, I now have 67 runs worth of drop data and the EV of a kill before coins is a surprising 11m, although this may or may not be misleading given the smaller sample size and outlier of 3 MTK drops last week (where I previously had none recorded). If this figure is actually representative of Nameless, then Nameless is actually in a pretty decent spot (~11.7m/hr after coins for a strong trio), though of course this does make Nameless very feast or famine as the rare MTK drops are almost singlehandedly carrying the EV of a Nameless kill (the EV drops to 4.3m without them). I'm however more inclined to believe that we were just very lucky though given that I haven't seen a single Armor-Piercing Bullet from Verga in the last 180 runs and I would imagine that they would have about the same drop rate as MTKs. Though I don't have much data on Nibergen and Dunas, I would assume that they'd be in the same boat as Nameless as Dunas also drops MTKs and Nibergen drops Element Pierce. Seems like Verga might just be missing out on the fun as it lacks a rare big drop of its own.

On average, NT bosses drop only ~1.7 items per run (including the infamous crystal drops), which is abysmally low compared to the likes of Pap and Rav, and NT weapon drops seem to contribute very little to the EV with how rare they are (I've gotten 6 in the last 180 Verga runs, and 10 overall from the last 303 NT boss runs, which is about 1 every 30 runs). I would certainly hope that the number of items that NT bosses drop on average could eventually be increased and that one day we might be able to expect more than just fresh air or a single wisdom crystal drop most of the time.

Given the current situation with gach-exclusive scrolls, perhaps NT could also be bettered and made more appealing by adding these scrolls to their drop tables.

p.s. please please please buff Dunas exp. I'd really love to add it to my daily NT routine but it's just not worth doing at present. As has been mentioned numerous times, Nameless takes significantly less time to kill and is far more cheesable and afk and yet it gives almost 80% more exp. Even the likes of Scar and Krex give more exp so I just can't see a justification for still holding Dunas exp back.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:45 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I believe MirrorsMirrors had mentioned that they would consider buffing Dunas exp more after the most recent buff and complaints that it was still too low. So perhaps there's some hope there for upcoming patches

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    4:45 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Hope so. Verga gives 25.2m exp total (including the server 2x rate). Dunas gives 11.5m exp after the change. Downing Dunas takes twice as long as downing verga. What gives?

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    11:45 AM
    Beginner
    NT Crafting is like the only valid meso sink we have in the game so its not all that bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    Hmm this is very well thought-out. I do agree that coin muling does seem very broken, however i do think that allowing players to continue coin muling might somewhat help with the ongoing inflation, I can also see why you would want it banned, and i'm frankly speaking, at a crossroads.

On one hand, coin muling does make the game easier, and i would also argue that coin mules were allowed in OSM, and therefore should be allowed here too, since this game is all about bering as close to OSM as possible right? On the other hand however, multi clienting was also not possible back in the day, hence my dilemma.

I am however leaning more towards the idea of letting people just coin mule, cuz so many other things have been nerfed, so atleast let the player base have this.

6. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    5:45 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Multiclient wasn’t a huge thing back then as you needed to hack or have multiple machines to perform it. In the other hand, i’d like to see nt gear more available than it is. Coin mulling helping the economy for the craft cost is a very sweat point for this discussion. Making NT drop more comum equips just means more mesos circulating. The boss changes (point or coin system) may gate ws/cs to every kill that would be a better way around. Further, if every kill means a pull of boss points equally distributed by the killers, mulling won’t be as supported as it is today.

i’d wait the overall boss changes (coin or point system) to discuss the nt balance/ mulling again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:45 AM
    Hero
    remove multi client and mage

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If NT muling is removed and drop rates are increased, I would hope that there is an exchange system implemented so that we could turn in weapons for coins. In its current state, even with all the muling, NT weapons are pretty hard to come by. I don't think crafting NT weapons should be gated all that much more.

4500 coins is something like 8 days straight of full NT tour clears. The reward is 1 craft valued currently at 30-35 mil. However, we're uncertain whether the crafting service market will adjust accordingly if muling is removed, or if it'd just become much more limited/gated than before as the overall production of coins drops. My guess is that as weapon prices decrease from an increased drop rate, the service fees will be barred from increasing altogether.

9. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    afaik the NT weapon crafting service market has already been dead for a long while, which isn't at all surprising when one considers that perfect weapons have been going for less than 150m, with the exception of claw which isn't much more, and that buying crafting service at 30-35m will cost one about 45-50m after factoring in the mat costs. There just isn't a practical justification for an increase in crafting service price given the large amount of variance. The one person I've seen buying weapon crafting service recently has also been paying less than 25m already.

I agree that NT weapons shouldn't be so gated at this point. Perhaps the amount of coins needed could be lowered to something like 3000 and/or the attack range shortened to +4/-4 or +3/-3 to more closely resemble that of timeless/reverse weapons.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    See, the problem is that if NT weapon drop rates increase, weapons should theoretically go down in price. With muling removed, coins would become more scarce but would have a ceiling in its growth set by the cost of weapons, which would trend down. This would presumably lead to the value of coins dropping overtime, even with a lower production of coins altogether.

Sure, there is an argument that current value of coins is already going down due to muling. However, I think most people NTing are feeding their coins into the MTK market and thus are simultaneously contributing to a much needed, high-value meso sink.

Main problem I see is that shit hits the fan when no new NLs need MTKs and people begin to hoard.

11. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    That wouldn't necessarily be the case if the number of coins needed to craft weapons is reduced. If weapon crafting service is currently valued at about 25m, then a coin would be worth about 4500 mesos (after the 5.5m crafting fee) if we ignore the existence of MTKs. If the amount of coins needed to craft a weapon is reduced to 3000 after coin muling is removed, weapon crafting service could drop down to 20m and a coin would still be worth more than before (5000 mesos, or ~4300 if reduced to only 3500 coins to match MTK).

While weapons would theoretically go down in price, they're already quite low so I can't see them going down too much further; their floor would be partly set by the price of dragon weapons. As an example, a max kanzir is currently about 35m and a max NT dagger is effectively about 3 att higher. A one below max kanzir is worth a bit under 20m so the jump from 104 to 105 is a bit over 15m. Even if we assume the next 3 jumps for the next 3 att average just 25m each, that would still set the floor of a max NT dagger at around 110m, which is only about 10-20m less than what they're going for now. Of course, if the drop rate of NT weapons is increased so significantly that their supply negatively impacts the price of dragon weapons, then it's possible that NT weapons could drop in price more.

12. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Y'all going too in depth on this.

Anyways, another issue with NT coin muling is that everyone and their grandma is farming Mano for the snail transformation thing it drops so they can avoid being damaged without having to duck at verga. This is highly annoying for anyone who wants to do the mano questline on their new char.