1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

All AP reset scroll

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by benQ, Aug 25, 2021.

1. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    7:52 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    [​IMG]
    pro:
    ~ allow new players to enjoy the game during low lv and still able to do hp washing later
    ~ allow high lv (or even lv200) players to do The Final hp wash :health:
    ~ allow players to utilize nx cash (after using this All ap reset scroll to wash hp, u need tons of Single AP reset to add back main Stat respectively)
    ~ a lots more pls help to add

con:
    ~ pls refer to the replies below

• Creative Creative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    4:52 AM
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    This is interesting, however I have a few concerns that I think should be addressed such as:

1.) Could I not just buy 2 AAPR's. Use one, Put all my stats into My main stat. Grind. Then when I'm about to level, I bring my Bishop over, and use the AAPR to reset it all into INT so I can get a massive amount of INT for when I level up. Grind that last few inches of a % on the bishop. Rinse and repeat. Which in my opinion might be a little broken. (see concern #3)

2) From Concern #1, I worry about Veteran HP Washers who completed their HP washing career feel like all their hard work has been simplified because you can wash at whatever level you desire. Instead of just grinding it out with blood sweat and tears.

3) I believe that maybe we should limit this so that you can only buy one per account/character whichever is good. Which is my solution to this problem. Not sure if that helps. Edit: Might also have to be non-transferrable between cash shops on same account too.

HP washing experience: NONE. But I have theorized for hours using notes which I have lost. So please be nice :).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    12:52 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I do not dislike the suggestion but I agree with Koneko. Some people spend years on HP washing which would completely be diminished with these items. You'd at least spend 50% less on resets now with these options available. A better proposal I would think is the repeadable quest suggestion that was done earlier by I forgot who. Because this doesn't diminish someone elses work and on top of that, players who resent HP washing can repeat this quest. I think that's a better option because you actually get to work for your reward.

So again, not a bad suggestion but I think a better option has already been suggested.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    The great SkuireSkuire

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Back then from GMS, The Reset All AP Scroll were only obtainable from hot-time or special events it wasn't purchasable it was from logging on during the event that you would be rewarded both scrolls that would reset all AP and/or SP separately, heres some links that I searched.

https://www.hidden-street.net/gms/quest/happy-hour-get-the-gift-you-deserve-0
    https://www.hidden-street.net/gms/quest/revamp-celebration-sp-reset-scroll-0

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Wasn't this way beyond v62 though? I mean sure if these items were readily available in v62, it would make sense but I'm 90% sure they were not. The first time I personally encountered one of these was upon release of Mushroom King castle which was early in 2010 (pre-quests late 2009) . Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

7. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    8:52 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    You could argue the same about the addition of new content: ~1% of the population already reached lvl 200 and the addition of new areas where people can gain more exp could undermine their effort, that doesn't mean that the addition of new content won't be beneficial for the server.
    A mechanic that prevents new players from being forced to go out of their way to to wash their characters would be beneficial for the server since they'd still have to support the server through voting, but wouldn't have to contribute to meso inflation by making a mage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    depending on whether we would pay for these using nx/mesos, i'm sure doing this every level would be a hassle for your nx/mesos. single AP reset is already costing 3.1k nx per, imagine the amount of nx it would cost if it is an AAPR easily in the 100k's range probably.

I think this is used more for those that are completely done with their int and also washing in general, so instead of washing little by little everyday, you can finish washing in one day itself provided you have the resources to pay for an AAPR.

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Unless it costs multiple millions of vote cash it'd be an absurdly broken concept and saving your AP 180+ would net another 10k HP if you really felt like it. If it's cheap it just makes every NL a 30k hp/mp clown while leaving behind all sense of balance from the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Yeah you're right, it was a few versions past it but thats when it was available.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    hypothesis:
    ~ it costs 1,350,000 nx cash
    ~ only can buy 1 per character at minimum lv165 :pinkbean:

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It still decreases the cost of late Kalash-wash by roughly a quarter to a third, even at 1.35mil NX, or else continues to push it further into the realm of more HP. Just using it whenever would be a terrible mistake on it's own if it's not highly optimized for maximum potential, which itself is a terrible concept for game design. If it just dumps AP back into unused then it also creates a potential pathway to 30k hp/mp even on old level 200 characters.

None of that even mentions that HP-washing is a confusing, unintuitive system for people to learn and I seriously doubt staff want to push such a system even further. Their methods up until this point have been to add HP several hundred at a time post Monsterbook, and the system of HP washing hasn't been touched whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    assume we r talking double/mp wash by using this AAR's, we still need tons of Single ap reset scrolls to reset AP
    : from mp to hp and
    : from int to main stats

14. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    If you remove all all stats excluding HP / MP you remove all INT in one click.

15. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Provide one free equip at level 200 that gives 2000 hp or something that competes with gloves or cape yeehaw

anyone that reaches lvl 200 should be able to do any content without washing imo, but I dont think these AP reset scrolls are the way to approach it for the reasons mentioned above.

• Like Like x 2
  16. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    this feels way too weird and i feel uneasy about this, esp figuring out a good price point of nx for these resets. Reaching 30/30 is possible but was never meant to be this easy, also there are tons of washing guide out there and mobs drop nx now along with many events that provide exchanges, which well shaves time spent voting.

17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    7:52 AM
    iPippy
    This seems debatable tbh, without a proper definition of "do any content". Do we mean, have enough HP to trivialize attacks? Enough HP to perform optimally? Or enough to be able to survive some and navigate around more deadly boss mechanics? Is HB considered a necessity or a luxury here? Are having full attack gears instead of HP gears likewise considered a necessity or a luxury?

Theres always examples such as the age-old Vergamot. Is enough HP to survive non-duckable attacks considered enough? It's practically a wash optional fight in technicality but is not viewed as such by many. Likewise, how much HP is *really* needed for Pink Bean? How much does the average person think they need? I dont believe that value has been properly established, when we have users with significantly less than the usual prescribed HP regularly in the fight, proving that massive HP pools are not "required".

As time goes on, I feel less inclined to suggest any class is entitled to "all content". That's how we got into RangeLegends anyways, by circumventing their only downside. Melee classes have always been farther from "all content" simply due to the nature of close up fighting. Unable to fight cwk pirate, avoiding bird statues while both are aggro abused by range characters from a safe distance. Unable to BGA without sacrificing pretty much all gear, while ranged classes feel "locked out" of the melee equivalent toad because it hits hard.

If anybody at 200 can do any content, theres far more that locks users out of content than ranged classes HP pools matching their egos, and free HP equips or easier washing doesnt fix those.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    yes but if u wanna do double washing, u will need to allocate AP Back into int then mp
    from here u start using Single ap reset scrolls: mp to hp + int to stats
    lv200 player is able to gain some hp from AARs and utilize some long accumulated nx cash :cash:

19. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I feel like anyone who had the time and put in the effort to get level 200 (or perhaps a high level like 170+) without planning their character extensively to fully wash their character (given it takes a really long time to get 200), do not need/may not want a few small snippets of HP because they have all the HP they need or have met their goals.

Also if I had a lot of NX cash left over from all my voting over the years and I was level 200 and wanted to PB but my character was only washed for bosses before PB. I would just make a new character because it's more fun along the way making new friends and training alongside them all. Plus If I'm level 200 I'm probably rich enough to fund some INT equips on the new character. Also a new class to get to 200? Sounds fun.

HP washing experience: NONE. But I have theorized for hours using notes which I have lost. So please be nice :).

• Disagree Disagree x 1