1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Summer Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2021.

1. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    11:32 PM
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    Since this is mentioned, i hope staff considers either increasing either the capacity or WA of mtk given the large price difference of 100m+ for that 1wa of marginal improvement. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:32 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I think the crafting price for mtk is fine, especially with the increased shadowstar duration (1 extra attack is very expensive in the end game regardlessly). The issue is that recharging a set of mtk costs 60k while the rest cost 1k on top of the high crafting price. If all stars would be basically free to recharge, getting a full inventory of mtk (let’s be real, you only need like 10 sets now since 1 set nets 21 minutes of shadow star, but be safe for dispells and whatnot) would be viable as it should be a onetime investment, like higher atk wg

3. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    11:32 AM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    How can it not be justified? The only people that were supporting the coin changes were literally people that have admitted to not doing any bossing content other than zak.
    The same people that were in support of this change also could not even come up with legitimate arguments against those that were opposed (which should be HUGE red flags).

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Dude ask anyone to confirm this lol I’m broke af and I barely play this game anymore. All my gear is mediocre at best; I’ve never used a chaos scroll, and I’ve never bought anything that’s been chaosed or wsed. I tried wsing a perfect dagger but after 6 ws the prices were too steep for me to continue.

I’ve been playing for over 2 years now and this is where I am. I’m not a huge mage person (I have mages but tbh I hate selling leech and farming), so this is all I could afford from doing bossing content only. I have everything to benefit from this change and nothing to lose.

So the fact that I disagree with something that could benefit me greatly, and the fact that I’m presenting valid arguments about the economy should raise alarms. I’m glad there is an attempt to fix things but there are serious flaws with this. Why can’t we do better? And why is it so bad that I want us to do better?

When I said I don’t give a shit about the coins, I think you misread. I meant that I don’t give a shit about the non-exchangeable, soon-to-be wiped coins. And I said that to illustrate that observing the playerbase’s behaviour surrounding the coins would be ineffective, given that there's no incentive to farm them. No one’s going to try to abuse it, which should be the main concern. Once they get implemented for real, behaviour will change.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    12:32 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    i think that we still have to wait to see if the event gonna offer any kind of incentive to kill those bosses for the rate testing. Although, the fact that most of the items gonna have their prices gated to prestigious coins means more inflation. Incentivizing tax free trades may devalue mesos even more and nerf bossing ncpable items. Thats y there need to be a tax to trade prestigious coins

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BumbleBro

BumbleBro Mano

Sep 5, 2017
    Male
    What's the reasoning behind leaving CWK out of the prestige coin drops? Also, will the coins be shared amongst everyone running(highest roll) or will it function like a quest item where each individual is able to see their own coin drop?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I agree that the negatives on the WS thread should have weighed more heavily than the positives. The thread was presented very positively by staff with literally only one con to the change. There were an extensive number of pages of discussion about issues many players had with the changes. Almost none of these concerns were addressed. A good portion of the positives likely only read the first page of that thread that listed the only negative as "not nostalgic" before voting. The negatives likely were not reviewed by all.

We were told this is not a bossing buff, that a bossing buff is ready and this was just an idea that wasn't being worked on yet. We asked you to give us the bossing buff first so we could properly review this change as not a bossing buff. But now it seems this has replaced the bossing buff we were promised? I feel the whole thing was misleading. I hope at least staff considered the huge amount of negatives that were presented before deciding to move forward. I am still highly concerned.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    10:32 AM
    How the prestigious coin system turns out will largely depend on the rates and player behavior, for which there is still too much uncertainty now and likely will remain uncertain even after the testing phase (due to players not being able to actually exchange coins and influence the ws/cs economy). However, many players relate the coin system to bossing profits, so I will quote a few staff comments from previous threads:

One thing I'm personally confused about is what these bossing changes, which were supposed to be further along than the coin proposal, entails. Are the buffs to NT/krex/JC drops mentioned in this thread the bossing changes referred to here by staff? If so, will these bossing changes actually "add to the supply of White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls"? Are they intended to address the "huge disparity between bossing and farming"?

Not trying to be overly critical, I like most of these balance changes, but am just very confused about some of the communication regarding balance/bossing changes as of late.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Could there be a separate exchange for WS and CS so the price is not pegged together?

Right now you will always pay a premium if you want to get the scroll that should be worth less. If the demand and thus the price of WS increases the price of the coins will go up and you automatically have to pay more in order to get a CS. I'm hoping there could be a system in place that allows both scrolls to move freely and have their own value.

I know this is something that's been asked about in the original thread but I believe it got kind of ignored, if there's a specific reason to tie these two together I'd love to hear it.

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I agree with this, and this is the narrative that has been pushed over and over... but when we approach the final endgame in MapleLegends, chaos scrolls will increase in value over white scrolls, while before that white scrolls should/could be more valuable. I don't think it is necessarily all that problematic as it stands now. Staff has plenty of time to think about this change. if you want two exchanges, you need two currencies and staff has mentioned thinking that would be too confusing (although I'd think just making them "chaos scroll pieces" and "white scroll pieces" would be simple as that). The only reason why the coins are as abstract as they are rn is that it might allow them to add more items to the shop. As long as the idea is that we can exchange things for it, the items will always be pegged together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Regarding the balance change, you do need to realise that the number of skill changes per patch over the years are slowly decreasing. This server can also choose to be exactly the same as what it was in the very orginal v.62, then would you have complained that certain class is blatantly over powered than other which is not fun. With the discover of new meta, things do need to be balance and adjusted constantly.

And it is not a straight ws/cs drop because it will be become a feast or famine game. It feels better to be constantly rewarded with progress than just trying to hit a 1% lottery.

Sorry. I just dont see how this will encourage us to test the system. You are as good as telling us just pretend those coins dont exist and carry on with what you had been doing last time.
    I am not going to run extra bosses now because there are coins dropping. I am just really really confused here, someone can explain to me if I missed a thing.
    You are not going to ge me to be in the "I want to run boss because there is coin drops" mood, to test if everyone is now going to be extra sweaty at bossing or what not.
    Maybe tie it to event reward or something, so you can get the players to become a sweaty bosser to get a realistic test data.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Maybe by giving some incentive of exchanging the coins looted for nx (1 coin = 100 nx) before the wipe/end of tests.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. jeff22222

jeff22222 King Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Male
    FM
    Irlhermit
    Marksman, Night Lord
    Katsu
    There should be some incentive to do more than what everyone is already doing anyway. . . maybe with summer event notes there will be extra bossing incentives like last event? Otherwise if people already know its a fake drop for testing its just going to stay as is. Plus if staff already knows the rates does it really matter, the rate is going to change depending on how often people will do all of the bosses on the list. If things got out of hand with coin drops because people are full sending their 2nd and 3rd attackers/mules to farm coins then it can become a problem but honestly its a welcomed issue. When 1/2 people own 1/3 of the desired scrolls let the rest of the mostly endgame server farm it out in a healthy way to distribute. Hopefully summer event might throw in some extra incentives to do extra content just to see how often the coins drop otherwise idk how well the test will go for staff. I like the above ^ where theres a minor exchange of NX for coins but then people might just massively buy coins if they need resets ( pls more resets :) )

14. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Beginner

Hmmm yeah for sure v.62 was unbalanced. But what I meant was kinda like we could've just fixed whatever was unbalanced, more tweaks wherever and then left it at that. No more constant balancing throughout the years. Definitely there'll be new meta but it's only human nature to play a game most "optimally". We can't keep chasing and fixing every single meta as if having a meta is like a disease.

Also how will my suggestion make it a feast or famine game? On top of current ways to obtain WS/CS (gacha/reward box/event), my suggestion only serves to add on to the avenues of obtaining WS/CS in a fairer way - i.e. not just a SINGLE person benefits, but the entire bossing party benefits due to splits. Maybe on an average of 1 out of 10 HT runs drop either a WS/CS? Also SLIGHTLY reduces the risk of a dry run :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  15. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Firstly, event currency was untradeable. These currency have no value after the event too. Also it took probably saving an entire event worth of currency to exchange for either 1 WS/CS.
    If a country had 2 different official currencies, how would the economy be regulated or affected?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    3:32 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    You mean countries with access to several cryptocurrencies besides their nacional regular currency? Heck if I know. What does that have to do with the game?

Anyway, my point was in response to your paragraph:
    A new currency isn't unknown to MapleLegends players as they are used to this type of thing every year spawning several months of events. I don't see how this would be seen as a "gimmick" as you say.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:32 PM
    Because you get a feast if a ws/cs drops or famine if nothing drops at all. Is it this hard to understand?

Honestly it's like you don't take things into perspective or actually understand what it's like bossing from different angles. My main is level 200 and if I decide to HT with it I'm spending a good 3-4 hours in it. On average if I do maybe 20 HT runs I'll get lucky and have a few MW drop here and there and/or (with your suggestion) a ws or cs.

As a level 200 you probably wouldn't be doing daily HT or perhaps HT on a high enough frequency for averages to come into fruition. If I HT I'd probably have to be in a really good mood to host or tag along if some friends decide to host. And if the run turns out to be dry then I've literally wasted 3-4 hours of my life for jack shit.

The solution is to increase the floor from bossing drops so it doesn't feel like your life has been wasted for nothing, not to increase the amount of jackpots because frankly when you get dry runs with no exp it's a shit feeling.

And no creating another char to get exp isn't a solution. There should be a reason to get to level 200 and continue playing a level 200 rather than being neglected because the negatives outweighs the positives from running.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    I might be misremembering, but I thought the previous HT cancel changes were not implemented as intended(alternating cancels like scar). Is this being addressed in this patch or still a WIP?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disney

Disney Red Snail

Jun 25, 2021
    Female
    Disney
    Night Lord
    Noir

Im sorry but did you asked everyone that are in support of this change what they do in game to come up with this statement??? I don't think that assuming is a very justified either

• Agree Agree x 18
  20. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    12:32 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-coin-massive-tax-free-currency-nature.42333/

• Agree Agree x 1