1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make card droprates more consistent

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ahotbanana, Aug 22, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:32 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your selective hearing and backpedaling are quite hilarious.

If you can manage to read all of Kimmy's words, you'll notice that she mentions nothing of HOW drop rates might be flawed/different, only that they are. So using your own words from above, what Kimmy says is irrelevant, right?

However, to drive a point home, I did a quick test just now to see if your anecdotal sob story at Officer Skeleton actually has any backbone (kek).

Officer Skeleton: 6 minutes 50 seconds

upload_2021-8-26_8-54-35.png

Maybe you're right. Maybe it is impossible for some players to distinguish between hard and easy cards.
    Or maybe they're just bad?

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    4:32 AM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    "I know it's not meant to be taken literally" proceeds to be taken literally

Here I fixed it for you:

upload_2021-8-26_13-13-31.png
    Feel free to integrate the curves and show me the areas are still uneven to continue proving your point.

I'm also unfollowing this thread. Wasn't looking for a monster book journal.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can you list out 100 monsters that become significantly harder than the initial 200 to warrant such a curve? Like I said, your first graph seemed pretty on-point to my experience with card hunting, which is why I pointed out the irony that you used it as a counter-point. Also, I like how you flattened the proposed ring progression line.

-insert toxic funny-

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:32 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I actually love seeing a detailed monster book ring journal, too bad you're already quite far on this account but it wouldn't be a bad documentation.

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting

I can do it on one of my hundred accounts, I just always drop whatever journal I'm doing

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You can't quit your journal, the people have the right to know whether washing is doable or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This was the only mob I had 0 cards on and given the layout of the map I decided to try to farm them exclusively with Blizzard and Genesis split in two channels

Scarf Plead: 5 minutes 35 seconds
    [​IMG]

Struggled most with Royal Cactus myself, decided to do this one in the Deo map actively killing the entire spawn mostly with magic claw and a few chain lightnings to make sure I killed every mob before respawn. I already had 1 card of them and did not finish them in one go as I had to go.

Royal Cactus (3 cards): 24 minutes 29 seconds
    [​IMG]

After getting 4/5 on this set I continued farming the map for another 12 minutes and 55 seconds with no cards dropped. I feel like I was definitely a bit unlucky on this set but fun to compare results.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Haven't been playing much but will update my last few ones I've completed:

Kiyo: 6 minutes 8 seconds
    upload_2021-8-31_13-1-8.png

Sand Dwarf: 12 minutes 51 seconds
    Note: I think I had 1 card from travelling between maps from a previous event (Valentines chair), so I took the average of my time to find a time for 5 cards.
    upload_2021-8-31_13-1-29.png

Desert Giant: 3 minutes 10 seconds
    upload_2021-8-31_13-1-55.png

Sand Rat: 8 minutes 35 seconds
    upload_2021-8-31_13-2-30.png

Onto Magatia, a slightly more difficult region. I was expecting the average times to increase more towards the 15-30 minute range for a few.

Cube Slime: 23 minutes 44 seconds (also found 4 rumo cards for free)
    upload_2021-8-31_13-4-0.png

Triple Rumo: 31 minutes 23 seconds
    Note: This map was pretty painful for hermits because the book stacks really fuck up your positioning for avenger if you flashjump. Once switching to triple throw, my clearing speed increased and cards dropped much faster. I also finished Rumo set for free here, so I'll add that to my average time.
    upload_2021-8-31_13-5-28.png

Rumo: 0 seconds

No picture since it was cleared within the two hybrid maps between Cube Slime and Triple Rumo. These 'freebie' cards should be counted towards your total time since they add to your collective progress. If you're going in order, you might fall into the trap of going from Cube Slime to Rumo to Triple Rumo, where you'd most likely find excess cards and waste time.

Homun: 19 minutes 1 second
    upload_2021-8-31_13-8-3.png

Homunculus: 5 minutes 3 seconds
    Note: Here's a sneak peek into the Magatia map changes. Might be an indicator that mob count and layout is a a larger factor in drop variability.
    upload_2021-8-31_13-8-49.png

Site: 12 minutes 53 seconds (Cards 2-5)
    Note - will not include time spent hunting Security Camera cards, where I happened upon 1 Site card for free
    upload_2021-8-31_13-9-17.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:32 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Oh yeah i forgot about these map reworks. Perhaps it's time I update my spreadsheet. We'll see if I'm ever less busy ☠️

10. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Why not just maintain a spreadsheet at this point :confused:

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    All this bickering and we end up with a card journal, ggs.

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I have my own spreadsheet, but the screenshots are just there to provide evidence and transparency.
    I'm most likely done posting in this thread, but I wouldn't mind posting to a different card hunter collective journal to gauge best/average clear times and variability between players. Ego driven meta games are probably the last fun thing we have left in this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1