1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which class will be fun to play as?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Plants, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Plants

Plants Slime

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    4:08 AM
    Hello! I tend to struggle a lot when it comes to decision-making. I just returned back from MapleLegends after not playing it for about 4 years and I wanted to come back and have fun once again. I have tried playing on my old character but was left confused about what I needed to do so I ended up wanting to make a new character and start fresh.

So in your opinion, what class will be fun to play (mostly solo)? I refuse Bishop.

2. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    7:08 PM
    Dragon Knight
  3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:08 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    As a hero main with no mages, i agree on Hero too. However, 3rd job is a drag as the only exciting skill u have is Combo Attack, and you are still using Power Strike and Slash Blast.

A shadower might be more fun, a jack of all trades with new skills to look forward to every job advancement, and you don't really rely others for buffs for your damage.

4. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    I was kidding on hero, it's a one skill class so that can appeal to some but in general is probably less fun than either pirate class which have multiple attack skills and a fun gameplay loop with transformations in battleships and Super Saiyan

Shadower is another great shout. Fast and flashy skills, independent play, different playstyle at every advancement

The most fun warrior is probably dark knight, especially because a) 3rd job has a bunch of new and flashy skills and b) more importantly Berzerk is pretty fun to manage and adds a new element to gameplay in HP management

Paladin is underrated fun but takes a long time to pick up because it has many important skills to max before it becomes useful. Blast, hammer, ACB, all charges, stance and then it's a really fun class

Every other class is pretty boring tbh. Mages = permanently sell Leech until the day you die, bowmen take ages to wash, nightlord is very mobile which is cool, but also a one button class

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    agree with all the points except dk zerk, tho its all really subjective. zerk imo takes fun away, prolly coz i dont like living on the edge.

but yeah, fun is pretty subjective. i find brandish fun, maybr coz i enjoy one button.... ||oTL

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    6:08 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    For solo play i’d choose BM as you won’t benefit from anyone’s buff. Also, you have puppet so you can solo bosses with less potion cost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    11:08 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Shadower is the most fun period especially solo

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
  9. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    pally if they ever receive a buff, or just play a few mages? more mesos gives you more freedom to fuck around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:08 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I'd say corsair.

1st Job
    - Shoot very fast (Always found the speed at which they shoot to be very fun when moving back and forth killing mobs)
    - Has a skill the increases movement (Although arguably is quite clunky)

2nd Job
    - Mobility Skills that let you bounce around the map/move around faster
    - Access to mobbing skills on top of you single target skills

3rd Job
    - Boosts to your single target skill
    - Access to elemental mobbing skills (Always nice to have freezing capabilities)

4th Job
    - Get a cool boat with engaging mechanics
    - Access to more mobbing & single target skills
    - Have a genesis like AOE skill

By 2nd job you have single target dmg, mobbing dmg, & mobility skills. Most warriors either peak at 3rd job with a lackluster 4th job (Drk & Pally IMO) or you're just waiting for 4th job (Hero IMO). Shad can be fun, although I think they become more fun 3rd/4th job & you're kind of just powering through 1st/2nd. I think corsair gives you a good mixture of almost everything there is to be offered in a class, & you get a lot of fun skills early on making 1st, 2nd, & 4th job really worthwhile imo, with 3rd job giving more utility if anything.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. itsBrandon

itsBrandon Blue Snail

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    sad washing is a thing, or else most classes would be fun. but i pick shad or pally(lul)

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:08 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Corsair has been the most fun I had in this game. It's a class that fully benefits from testing things out yourself and pushing boundaries, while maintaining some rather fast-paced action and mobility. It's technical and wants you to think and time things but I consider that a positive and not a negative, but I can see why people wouldn't like that.

The very best times I had with the class were fighting Headless Horsemen and Bigfoot while woefully unprepared and without the proper HP, but I'll maintain that that's a good thing because it's a class that allows you to push those limits with game mechanics and speed.

Only big notes I can think of for starting out on ranged characters(Night Lord/Bowmaster/Marksman/Corsair) is to begin with 10 int, then add about 1 every level until you're level 120. When you've reached level 100 or so and feel comfortable ask someone about MP washing. You're free to forget about it in the meantime as long as you're slowly adding int through most of your career, just save a good chunk of your NX. By doing that you'll eventually have enough HP for every boss in the game, including Pink Bean if you ever get to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    10:08 AM
    Of all the classes I've played, the most fun I've had before 4th job was with my fire/poison mage. You fight monsters that are way higher level than you, so it's dangerous, but super fast exp.

After 4th job, I'd say Shadower is probably the most fun I've had. The main advantage of it is that you have both grinding and bossing open as solid options, unlike a lot of classes, so you can generally do whatever you feel like doing rather than needing to do one or the other.

Ultimately, though, it's going to come down to your personal preferences

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Buccaneer: you combo skills, become a super Sayan, and have a well-rounded kit to do well in most situations. I literally never got bored of that class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:08 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Corsair is fun, but make sure you know what kind of player you are before getting into it.

As everyone above said, it is super technical so its pretty skill expressive, but it also means it can be quite mentally draining paying attention to every single animation and reacting properly and managing octopus up time, especially when all you want to do is just have fun and chat shit with friends on VC and sort of turn your brain off xD

Mobbing as a corsair is good conditionally. If you love grinding with a repeated rotation sort of like how you would a warrior or shad, I would suggest not going for this class. I personally love grinding, but on a 4th job corsair it can be quite annoying. When you feel like you're getting into the groove of grinding, your ship breaks and you either have to wait 90 seconds or relog. This isn't like TOO bad, but it sort of disrupts the ebb and flow of grinding that I personally loved on my pally, mage, and bandit. It does add onto annoyances, so just ask yourself if you're okay with this type of grinding.

That said, it is a great solo class for card farming, daily rav/papu, and can benefit in bosses from whatever buff they give you (or none if that's what it comes down to) ^^

16. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    Maplestory classes in the end play more similarly than they are different with the exception of Pirate classes. It's not CSGO or WOW, you have a few buffs to reapply every 3-5 minutes and one button to spam at your discretion

Pick what sounds cool. I wanted to dress in a cape and stab people as a kid so I went with Drk and Shadower

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cwong

cwong Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

Jan 10, 2020
    Male
    4:08 AM
    Drebin
    Shadower
    Spirit
    I would recommend a shadower as a solo player. Though I haven't finished making mine yet I'm intrigued by the kit the class carries. Reasonably durable without washing and the skills are interesting and flashy. Can be about as technical or as simple as you would like it to be thanks to macros that allow you to attach up to 3 skills to a key binding in the skill menu. It ultimately boils down to what works for you. I have a Hero that I lost interest in because the entire experience is defined by holding down 1 key (Brandish) while occasionally buffing like every other class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    2:08 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Looks at Bowmaster looks at quote, Calvin.. why you gotta be like that OnionF4 lol but really well said, I'd make a Shadower too but I enjoy ranged classes way too much so thats how I decided on it.

Shadowers are a really great job to start off on and they somewhat save mesos on potions since meso guard.

19. Lost

Lost Blue Snail

Feb 11, 2021
    Male
    Miami
    5:08 AM
    Lost, Mage, ivlage, lviage, rnage
    Marksman
    Hero if first class. Can boss don’t really have to worry about washing and fun to wack shit.

20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    While simultaneously being the most boring class in the game!

• Agree Agree x 2