1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Cassandra can’t spell

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Eighty, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:26 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):[​IMG]
    The quiz incorrectly accepts chimera as the right answer and penalized me for spelling it correctly.

Also, there is literally a mapletip that claims it is horned mushroom and not horny mushroom though maplelibrary correctly states horny mushroom.

What is supposed to happen?: Accept correct spelling.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: While doing the quiz
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:41 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    SlimeSlime I was thinking why you referred to it as Chimera to me whilst chatting. Is this the original name or something?

3. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    8:41 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Pretty sure i remember it as Chimera. This becomes a big confuse since we have players all over the world and have different memories of how they're spelled because different regions have different spellings. -1 for continuity neckson MapleF5

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:41 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I have no idea, I think GMS had it as Chimera, atleast according to: upload_2021-9-5_21-13-5.png from this source: https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Chimera
    I think I just said Chimera because as a non-native speaker I sometimes have a hard time remembering how other people spelled stuff, and I probably recalled the 'Chimera' spelling (like the mythical creature) when I had to type it.
    LinLin as for the Horny Mushroom thing I posted about that before too. I think the ones in the 2nd job advancement challenge maps are "Horned Mushroom", and and I don't remember how it's spelled in the Monster Book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:26 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    They’re Horny Mushrooms everywhere else :)

Edit: including the card

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:41 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I know, that's why I posted about it before.
    Just wanted to clear up why they might have made that mistake when typing the maple tip.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:41 PM
    Moderator Post
    The context of the horned mushroom mapletip is not understood. In early GMS and other regions (ex: KMS) Horny Mushroom was called Horned Mushroom. In a random patch in GMS they changed it to Horny Mushroom probably due to comedian reasons or translation problems. Just because the mapletip says they are actually called Horned Mushroom doesn't mean that's what they are called in ML.

I will remove the mapletip since its kinda pointless anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:41 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Now that you explained it, it do sounds kinda interesting. Maybe [Maple Fun Fact] next time? XD