1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted A better Mark of the Squad

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KurayamiLove, May 17, 2020.

1. Vystical

Vystical Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2018
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    8:04 AM
    Vystical/Kyrln
    Buccaneer
    Perion
    Bumping, I like the idea of having more single runs, the 4hours is getting harder and harder to schedule in.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    8:04 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    [​IMG]
    make it trade-able like Sunburst
    s > dragon elixir @ 500k each ~

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:04 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If it's a One of a kind item, how does it stack? I've never done the quest before.

4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Bump again. It is harder to squeeze in 4 hrs for every sitting for a HT now because life is returning to normal everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dcon

Dcon Slime

May 12, 2020
    DconW
    Corsair
    DuckNation
    Bumping this because this post deserves more attention from members of the community and the balance team :heartbeat:

• Like Like x 2
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    wovv has been stuck inside of cave since summer 2020.

#freethecavemen

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:04 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Well just to make my point again making the Mark of the Squad a free skip into the cave may have these consequences:

-More single runs, people pretty much feel forced to do two runs or none because of how much time you need to commit to getting the prequest done. More runs do not necessarily may happen since it may just happen to distribute them along the week, people that are committed to HT will HT, when comes to my experience when on HT I kill it twice with my team, and sometimes we are like I wish we could do only one run but we have to make our Elixir worth so at the end, we do more runs than we would otherwise do.

-No more cave shenanigans, I could get out of the cave and do something else: AFK on the FM, perhaps grind, a friend called me to go NT but I can't go because I'm trapped inside the cave and there is a run tomorrow. Freeing people will be a lot more beneficial for everyone. My second point on this is cave resurrect, you got the Mark of the Squad? then no need to get a res mule that is forever inside for this reason or blow the CD of res of the main Bishop, just come back in perhaps get some pots as you wait for your team to finish the run (people also have mules with a lot of pots inside, even stars inside the cave because of the annoying prequest). Third point: perhaps this will end the "Oh dude I forgot to get the skins" annoyance.

-The Mark of the Squad needs:
    1-Zakum Certificate, a boss with also long and annoying pequests that also you must kill with a team most likely.
    2-Papulatus Certificate, a boss with kinda meh prequest, you can solo it but this adds to how long it takes to get the mark
    3-Pianus Certificate, the right one has a 1 day timer and the left has a 1day and 12 hours timer so have fun trying to find one.
    4-Do the HTPQ, so you need the prequest and do this with a team which also adds to how much you need to finish the quest.

-Now we can make Manon a 4 hours timer guy again and perhaps to compensate buff the drops a bit. With fewer people doing the HT prequest the boss won't be as camped as before. It will be constantly killed and camped because well that's how all minibosses are in ML but not anymore a special case.

Conclusion
    This would make people's life far better and attend to HT will be far less annoying. I don't know if this will be even applied since I think the philosophy of the staff goes more towards making things as slow and tedious as possible, I know that's not their intention but with how cancels and reflects are going now in the game, halting the runs as much as possible to prevent people to have as much success if they lack damage I'm kinda sure that slow and annoying is our way ahead.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    And pls dont play the authenticity card. There’s plenty enough custom about ML

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    More accessibility is not always a better a thing. Remember that horntail book prices have finally somewhat recovered - and making the boss more accessible will likely lower book prices and bring it back to a terrible state in terms of meso / hr.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Enough points on the mark of the squad has been said over the year, this thread is like 1.5 years old now, but still.

But, if we really need the elixir quest.....
    Some random idea can be....each quest completion gives 2 elixir, then you only need to pop the elixir after you signed and the exp ldr wants to go into pre head.
    Just something so that a single HT run doesn't feels all that bad.

Regarding the possible dropping of book price, this can work in conjunction with the boss coins (if it actually happens) to maintain the same average profit per run.
    Or maybe, people will care less about the profit since they aren't be forced to sit down for 4hrs at one sitting and expected a sizeable return from those long 4 hours.

11. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    If one factors in the time it takes to farm an elixir, the meso / hr for HT is still terrible. Removing the need to do the prequest each time, even if it leads to a drop in book prices, would likely mean the meso / hr would actually still be higher overall. Only by staying in the cave for several days at a time can bossers currently enjoy a decent meso / hr at HT, which only a small minority of people do now, and I would imagine the game would not be for the better if most people did do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Farming elixir isn't as bad meso / hr as people make it seem.

1) The majority of the time is spent either farming cornians or camping manon. As shivering and I have proved in our meso journals, farming cornians is actually solid meso per hr.

The inefficiencies with camping manon can be countered by using a mule to camp a channel, and to spend the time waiting for manon to do the other parts of the prequest.

2) The next time sink is farming dragon skins. People usually farm dark wyverns, which actually have a decent drop table. Furthermore, this part of the quest is typically done within a few minutes, especially if you have other characters in your party that also have the prequest active.

3) Lots of travel time, but again this can be somewhat countered by having a bishop / hs mule to use for door.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    what is meso / hr at cornians with an attacker and no MU mule tho

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Because of cancels and drop rate nerfs. Making the boss has more dead time than it already had made it harder for weaker teams to take it, so fewer runs. I rather have less dead time in bosses and more stuff to do so just decrease the timer and no cancels please (If we remove cancels from the game you pretty much take half of the time from killing it). Books are a dying market that completely relies on people making new characters or new players coming into the game, that's why its price is bound to go down, the rate at how this good fall down can be slowed down by sabotaging bossing by making less runs possible or by decreasing the drops of these. Anyways we could compensate the book market if it really matters as I said before with flat out nerfs to drop rates (something that has been done a lot before) to save the constant pain in the butt that the quest represents to Maplers.

15. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    More than being profitable my issue is the pain that the quest causes, like on this event farming like there is no tomorrow baits is pretty good for your chars and million mules but if there is someone like me then you will get burned out and will just stop playing. I know I have to come back and finish my AP reset farms but dang that's terrible.

16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    ~7.5 - 8.5m with a mage without MU, That is 9 to 10 kills per cast So depending on how many you can kill per respawn.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    So probably roughly 5-6m for an attacker. In any case, even with the money made during the completion of the prequest, the meso / hr of HT would still be depreciated overall to the extent that any falling of book prices would probably still more or less break even with the removal of the prequest.

HT is doomed anyways with a shrinking playerbase and little fresh blood. Prestigious coin drop rate would need to be much higher or CS/WS would need to be added to its drop table to keep EV from falling in the future.

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The only arguments for gating access into cave through a repeated quest is 'nostalgia' isn't it? All other aspects can be balanced by requiring an upfront entry fee. I think we're getting to a point where people want to do content but won't if it's too much of a hassle. Doing HT and NT dailies is probably the best route for bossers, but having to spend additional time each day just to re-enter into cave is not worth it, imo. It's not about the meso value of the time spent - it's about the entire time spent doing what you want to do.

Imagine if instead of an elixir quest, there was a boat ride that took you into HT cave, but that boat ride took 30 mins to an hour of active farming. Would anyone consider that as good design?

I'm seeing a lot of positives for opening up cave and very few arguments against it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:04 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i played a server that manon cry can be buyed in leafre, at same npc that exanged the scroll for etc at 4th job, the tax was expensive and once you bring some itens to tatamo he offer a discount to buy cry

20. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    2:04 PM
    Beginner
    I'm honestly not sure about this, but would love to hear the staff's opinion so i bump