1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with late washing 149 shadower

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by yotam123, Sep 10, 2021.

1. yotam123

yotam123 Mano

Aug 1, 2021
    1:49 AM
    Hi guys,
    I started my first character here as a shadower, and im level 149 right now.
    I have no base int, I started washing at like level 90 with 60~ish int from gear,
    And at lvl 140 started leveling with 90 int,
    Now have total 110 int with gear when leveling.

I'm getting a bit discouraged about the things im hearing, and fearing that I wont be able to boss properly. Currently have 4.4k hp without gear.

Any idea what's the play here? I want to be able to do every boss in the game, but im fine if I wont be able to PB with this character.

Thx in advance

2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    12:49 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    There’s a way of gaining loads of extra hp if you just save up tons of nx, so really late washing is still possible

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-at-lvl-195-without-losing-much-damage.35569/

other than that, 4.4k hp is pretty doable. With monsterbook (1k) and some pet equips (3 pets 2x30% = 300 hp) you can get that up to 5.7, which effectively comes down to 11.4k (meso guard) and that’s perfectly acceptable. You’ll just need to be careful of dispells in ht, but you can still get 120 base int (I had that up to lvl 170) and mp wash with that while saving nx to do the aforementioned

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    4:49 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Definitely try to finish your monster book ring as that's 1000 HP (basically an extra 2000 with meso guard). You're gonna be just fine ^-^ I also started washing my shadower pretty late.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    6:49 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    People way overstate what is necessary to do content. You are on path to be just fine, dont stress out over it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    7:49 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I did the same as you, and had about the same HP at that level. Currently 186 with 7.5k total, with 300 from blackfist cloak, 1k from tier 10, 450 from pets, and a few hundred from event equips.

Here are/were my limitations:
    • Couldn't tank 1 hit without meso guard (~5.6k) from HT heads until about level 165. So getting dispelled while sed was instant death. Couldn't stand on the ground during the first 10 ish minutes of HT when HT legs are alive, because that would be instant death too. That would be like 13k damage when HT has its weapon damage buff. It's slightly suboptimal to not stand on the ground in terms of damage, and also if you get knocked down you have to run back up to avoid death.
    • Can't run toad without HB
    • Can't run nameless without HB
    • Can just barely tank PB body at the moment. I have like 100 hp to spare, and it's pretty monkas. Hopefully this'll be less of an issue going forward.

So if you don't decide to quit or remake your shad after running sed mule in HT, you'll have a bit of a hard time at first so just make sure your bishops are on top of things and you're extra vigilant about dispels. You'll need to invest in HP stuff like tier 10, pet HP, BFC, and get all the event equips you can. It's doable but annoying. If you want to pump some base INT, evaluate that the benefit of that against how much you value your damage, as well as how long it'll take you to rack up enough NX to wash. If I were in your shoes, or in my shoes 40 levels ago, I would say go for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    4400 base
    +100 ellin ring
    +1000 T10 ring
    +300 pets
    = 5800 hp
    -> 11600 effective HP with Meso Guard, 18560 effective hp with HB

You can optionally also equip any combination of face accessory (+100), eye accessory (+200), and bfc (+300) for up to an additional 600hp / 1200 effective hp, which can put you up to 6400hp / 12800 effective hp / 20480 effective hp with HB.

The thresholds you're currently not hitting are
    13k - Nibergen without HB / Tank 2 hits from HT without HB
    13.5k - Verga without HB
    14.5k - Tank 1x HT head hit without HB
    14.8k - Toad without HB
    24k - Pink Bean touch damage (needs ~7600hp + HB, so only an extra +1800hp from washing without extra equips or +1200hp with face/eye/bfc)

tl;dr you're completely fine, keep doing what you're doing :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    yotam123

yotam123 Mano

Aug 1, 2021
    Hey everyone thank you so much for all your inputs! Very much appreciated!

I still haven't decided what to do exactly yet, but all the information you provided was very helpful. Cheers :)

8. OP
    OP
    yotam123

yotam123 Mano

Aug 1, 2021

Thanks alot!
    When you mean to pump base int, do you mean to gradually increase my int with levels, or use ap resets to put points into int now at 149? I Can do the latter and focus a bit on my priest if its a better option.

Edit :
    A friend suggested to save like 20 levels worth of AP, and at level 170 ap reset to like 120+ int, and then mp wash it. Sounds kind of like what the first post here suggested but on a smaller scale.

9. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    Saving 20 levels of fresh AP and doing it all at once will be less of a hit to your DPM during those levels, but resetting to 120+ int immediately would give you slightly more mp from having the extra int when leveling. An extra 20 levels of having an extra 120 int will give you 20 extra washes, so that's 320 hp if washed stale. Ultimately it's up to you depending what your goals are, but both are viable options. And like it has been mentioned, you'll be able to do any of the bosses you want anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:49 AM
    Beginner
    If i had massive nx, i'd reset my -luk into +int base to approx 250-300 for greater mp gains (as u might want to recoup some mp losses with larger base since u're a late washer) while mp washing from lvl 149 onwards and since u're alrdy at 90, and only level with sufficient nx to mp wash (+fresh mp -mp +luk or int). so that in the future i could -mp +hp whenever i had enough nx. This would mean a 496k-651k nx requirement as mentioned.

[HP gain 1: with 5 ap's stuck in hp per level]
    With greater int base the rewards from mp washing increases greatly @ [12~20 + INT/10] MP. it really depends on ur hp goal but with 90 base, you'd gain 21-29 mp per fresh ap into mp and 9-17 mp after you wash out from mp (-12mp + hp/luk/int if u want more base than 250-300). Comparing to a 250 base, 37-45 or 25-33 mp after washing out. Which 1 mp wash, using lower end:37 allows for 1x (-mp +luk/hp) and 2x (-mp +hp).

[HP gain 2: by leaving 1ap in mp and -mp +hp whenever u have nx, no leveling req to perform this, unless no excess mp]
    Also, with a higher base, u gain more bonus from MW buff and this helps your mp gain on leveling. Once you've MP wash sufficiently, i.e. by lvl 180, u could then spend ur nx again on resetting ur 250-300 base int to 4 (493-648k nx). Which is fine and it takes quite some time to get to 180 as well, so consider the months of vote points u could gain and maybe some mules on the side: bishop/hs + mu if u had to wait, which is useful for cwk exchange farming. Then you're now sitting on a huge excess pool of mp and you could slowly -mp +hp (leaving 1ap into mp or hp) whenever u have nx and does not require u to level at all in this process.
    Totaling to at least:
    • 1mil - 1.3mil nx for int base resets (to 250/300 and from 250/300 to 4)
    • and the mp wash segment at 15.5k nx per level.

My priority in washing is to mp wash as much as possible as it'll naturally lead to excess mp for the -mp +hp segment rather than blood wash (+fresh hp -mp +luk or int) where there is a possibility of limitations (not having enough excess mp) here since you won't be building your mp pool. Think of the excess MP pool as your savings account and taking $ out to invest into other financial asset (hp)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. notauser69

notauser69 Slime

Oct 22, 2020
    I know a shadower who only had 4 base int can survive Pink bean touch damage with hb and MG. Its possible but is required to have int gear before leveling.

As other says, you must have Tier 10 Ring, ellin Ring, and 3 pets with scrolled hp are essential.
    At your level as long as you get 1 wash off and natural levels you should be able to be ready for pb though you will need to be like 19x-200 to get there.

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:49 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'll tell you one thing - there's no pty without HB, in PB. so you can think you'll get HB 24/7 for PB.
    (and I doubt HB-less pty can be meta of PB in 1~2 years. just like HB was mandatory in 2k15~2k17 HT in ML.)
    for other bosses - don't worry. your best friend NLs and archers will cry for HB so you'll get HB aswell. that's the real.

Only exception is HT which requires approx 5.5k HP after getting HB, to survive whole progress - you're already fine with this threshold if I consider HP gears.

Won't deny for QoL matters - you'll need PE while other heavy washers are fine with ales/honsters/even roots, but for availability itself, you're fine for now, that's brilliant point of shadower.

Just imagine if you were NL or archer, sair who has no meso guard... bruh.

13. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:49 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Make a mage and remake your character :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You'll be able to enjoy most content with light washing moving forward, but if you do plan on finishing out your shad to lvl 200, I would suggest getting a head start on voting for alternative accounts. Shads are one of the greater first character classes and I've seen many people take their first char shads to 200. IMO, the best move would be to play your Shad and enjoy it while laying the ground work for your subsequent characters.

By the time you finish your shad, you'll have everything prepped for your next char.

Also, if you die in HT as sed, it's your bishop's fault, not yours for having too low hp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    While I understand this sentiment, it's a little unfair to take away all responsibility as sed target. Although it's not strictly necessary, having more HP is a solid buffer for unlucky scenarios. If you end up with a right sed while the tail is up, even if you're in dark sight, the bishop may not have the required HP to tank the tail and follow you. If the arms are approaching mass range and you need to move up to the heads, it's nice to be able to tank a single touch from them, even though you have enough time to react to seds. And there's always a chance for bishops dying or DCing.

Again, washing more is purely for comfort, and isn't strictly necessary. But I do think it's easy to undersell how much value shads actually get from even just moderate washing. Basically, don't get discouraged, because you're not in a bad spot. But also if you see yourself sticking around, you don't want to regret not washing more in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Oregonian

Oregonian Red Snail

Jul 18, 2020
    Male
    Oregon
    Oregonian
    Shadower
    Summer
    I also was in your exact shoes around your current level, but you are definitely steps ahead of me by using INT gears to level up at an earlier level. I'd say let's not get too discouraged - many endgame Shadowers don't have that high of HP yet are still able to do all of the content that MapleLegends offers. I think your course of action will depend on what HP you'd be comfortable with and how committed you are to your shad. You could also opt to continue your course and be just fine, but as AwrienAwrien mentioned shads value a ton from even the most moderate of washing. You won't regretting washing more if you plan on or could see yourself playing this game for the foreseeable future.

If you don't have the NX yet, now could be a great time to take a short hiatus from doing content and work on getting the T10 ring. It might be a bit tedious but it should yield a nice amount of NX from the days spent voting while you're card hunting + collecting the NX cards that are dropping from the event. Not to mention, you might end up making a decent amount of mesos to upgrade some of your gears from the gachapon tickets / event raffle (depending on your luck that is).

All that said, you're in a great spot with plenty of room to grow. Again, don't get too discouraged - you are playing a class that epitomizes washing is optional.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Witheraway

Witheraway Blue Snail

Jun 3, 2021
    Male