1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Safety for more Comedy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Simplethings, Sep 12, 2021.

Add ropes or on theme safe spaces to Popular maps

Poll closed Sep 26, 2021.
  1. yes

22.7%
  2. no

77.3%
  1. Simplethings

Simplethings Blue Snail

Sep 12, 2021
    Male
    3:00 PM
    BakedBlue
    Hermit
    Slayers
    Look, I love to laugh. One of my favorite ways to tell jokes is while I'm gaming, its tricky to make people laugh in general, its even more tricky if have to type your jokes and your in the middle of a boss fight, which is the best time to tell jokes, or when your leeching with some friends, it would be nice to have a bit of safety built in to each map so people can type in peace. I am not an expert in every map so but one map that gets a lot of attention is Cd's. While exploring the other areas of the mall around Cd's I found each one had ladders or ropes or Balloons to hang from to stay safe, and tell some jokes or not be forced in FM. I want to know who else wants more chill spots added to popular maps so jokes and peace can me maintained, is it necessary, arguably no, but this whole game is unnecessary so for the love of comedy add ropes and safety to popular maps, who agrees?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:00 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You're safe enough at the top of the CD's map and can only be hit if you or someone else has agro from CDs there.

Should be plenty of time to chat around, just don't fully afk.

3. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Beginner
    Jokes are fine and all but there are balance reasons to consider too, you cant just have safe spots everywhere xD

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Shokujiko

Shokujiko Blue Snail

Aug 29, 2021
    6:00 PM
    MiamiRick
    Warrior, Spearman
    Adding safe spots will almost certainly encourage more AFK play. I understand that not everybody enjoys the grind, but making leeching easier makes it harder for people who DO enjoy doing everything by themselves to find a decent map to train on. If you want to socialize, you have the warp to FM button. If you want to leech, just move when you need to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    6:00 AM
    Beginner
    i think it'd be nice to see you mention the map Name/ ID and others non popular maps namely, if any u have in mind? i.e. maps without safe spot: "Flaming raccoon"? which i personally use for my card hunting session (would be nice for future card grinders) but i door every time a card drops when im lazy to keep my party hp bar in check.

6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    If you look at the map design of earlier MapleStory content such as Victoria island or Ossyira, you’d be hard pressed to find maps without safe spots (excluding maps with flying mobs). This was clearly intentional, having safe spots in maps encourages you socialize and relax more during party play. Unfortunately, this is abused severely in the mage grind meta, and the band-aid solution MapleLegends currently has is to remove safe spots rather than balancing mages.

Since the mage meta is going nowhere, I don’t think there is really a solution to this problem. All I can say is, this is the way you will have to play the game. You are right, but it is difficult to do anything about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    6:00 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    true comedians would risk dying to deliver a great joke

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    6:00 AM
    Beginner
    doubt its abusable in every map tho, since not all maps are most sought after. considering how efficient it is to grind in some maps than others. also, would be nice if u could indicate which map for example would be too abusable if safe spot like a rope was included

9. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    I do not understand how people can be having a full conversation during zakum runs and not die. If they can do that I don't think safe spaces are necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:00 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    LOLmb i cri

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You should seriously consider playing a bandit.

12. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Auto pot.

13. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    When my guildies took me through Zakum for my helmet the auto pot never activated when Zakum did the 1/1.

• Disagree Disagree x 1