1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffing the NLC Exchange - T-1337's JUICE EXCHANGE

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nightz, Sep 22, 2021.

Which solution would like to see implemented?

1. 1: Increased droprate on Diferium & Sparkplug

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 2: Increased potion reward from the exchange

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. 3. Allow you to choose the potion

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. The exchange is fine as it is

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:38 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'd like to propose a small buff to the NLC Juice exchange as it's currently a dead exchange that no one willingly does because the time investment is simply too big for the rewards it gives.

There's three different solutions I'd like to offer with the first two being the more logical options in my opinion.

Just to be clear for everyone, this is what you need for 1 raffle which will get 1 of 7 different potions with most being near useless.

[​IMG] [1] Diferium Fuel Cell (Electrophant)
    [​IMG] [1] Sparkplug (Killa Bee, Electrophant)
    [​IMG] [1] Jumper Cables (Wolf Spider, I.AM.ROBOT)
    [​IMG] [1] T-1 Socket Adapter (Electrophant, Wolf Spider, I.AM.ROBOT)
    [​IMG] [50] Boomer Core (Boomer)

My possible proposals:
    1. Increase the droprate for the Diferium Fuel Cell & Sparkplug. Currently the droprate of these ETC. items are extremely low which makes hunting for these items to complete the raffle a very time consuming thing to do. With the Diferium Fuel Cell having a slightly lower droprate than the Sparkplug it seems.
    2. Increase the amount of Juice potions per raffle from 1 to 5. This change would keep the initial time to complete the raffle the same but would give a greater reward. Downside of this could be that it is still rather time consuming and you have a chance of getting the absolute worthless Juice potions.
    3. Allow you to trade in the ETC. for a single Juice potion of your own choice. This is not my favorite solution as it will leave certain potions completely out of the game as no one will pick them willingly but at least there'd be incentive to run the exchange.
    I would like to see one of the following proposals implemented, not all of them together!

I'd love to hear some thoughts about the exchange and the proposed changes from the community. Are there any implications you can think of why said changes should not be implemented? If anyone has any different idea's I'd love to hear them also!

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  2. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    For reference as I didn't initially add it in the post.

You can exchange 1 pack of etc. items dropping from various NLC mobs for a raffle, rewarding you 1 of any of these 7 tradeable juices.
    [​IMG]

I did not track my own time it took me per raffle but I suggest taking a look at BergboyBergboy his data on this post to see how painful the journey per raffle is and the low amount of mesos made in the process.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    3:38 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I'm all for giving this exchange a mild buff! Six out of seven of these pots are actually really good but require a ton of effort (especially when you consider the map layouts when hunting Electrophants, they're awful) so they're already "balanced" in that regard.

The concern I have for increasing the drop rate for the Diferium Fuel Cell and Sparkplug and/or increasing the amount of pots gained from 1 to 5 is that rather than give low-level players a cool new alternative way to make some money, you're just increasing the meso/hour of Wolfspider leech sellers. Having to cash in Jumper Cables and T-1 Socket Adapters is basically just a formality seeing as they're absolutely everywhere.

I'd argue you'd have to remove those drop from Wolfspiders completely and possibly move them to other mobs (Fire Tusks perhaps?). Then you could buff the exchange much more safely without accidentally buffing mage income

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Buffing the already laughable meso/hour of Wolfspider leechers? note that they need to go well out of their way to obtain the other items in order to even do the raffle which will only result in them hurting their own meso/hour. I don't think Wolfspider are nor ever will be an issue regarding this exchange. At most these WS sellers could put their etc up in an FM store but it would need a ton of people raffling to even make a notable profit from that considering you only need 1 of each of those etc's.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I did a few of these raffles from the drops I got while nlc card hunting on my bucc. Honestly though, the ws drops are trivial to obtain, and I wasnt even using a mage. I ended up NPCing a bunch of them (1 meso per woo) because I'm not going to go farming more diferium.

I'm actually not sure I can say most of these are good. Vitro is worse than coke pill, so its laughably bad. nitro is a longer cider and good in terms of slot efficiency... if you can gather enough to justify using an inventory slot for it. Blastro is actually good, better than a stopper and can be made to be more efficient in time usage than an apple. Electro and mega are the winners in terms of m.att, but magic potions are always just so much worse than w.att potions, and have terrible pot durations as well. Maybe it's just apple/gelt being overtuned, idk. Giga and Jiga look cool on paper, but the terrible duration makes them inefficient on a per unit basis, before even factoring the hard cap of 2k magic, making these 5-10 second super charges even worse.

Hard cap w.att when? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Yoooo I actually like this suggestion. More self-crafting/self-raffling etc please.

Tbh, I wouldn't be opposed to having both option 1 and option 2. Maybe not to that extent, but increasing droprate and getting 3x of the pot reward would be much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    3:38 PM
    Bishop
    A G A P E
    Buffing the ridiculously low drop rate of Fuel Cells and Spark plugs would be nice, as is it is pretty ridiculous to actually try to farm them. Most of the potions just arent good enough to turn this into some amazing money maker but at least for the people who want to try and farm these potions it will be less painful

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I initially didn't even know there was a hard cap of 2k magic but that definitely makes the Giga and Jiga even more useless as then they already are.

What is the reason that the damage is capped once you hit 2k magic (total number can increase over 2k) I tried them out recently and the damage lined up with the calculated damage at 2k magic. It shouldn't be gamebreaking for mages to go above this right? especially when it's only for a brief amount of time per potion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    12:38 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    oh wow! I agree with this!

The current drop rate and potion amounts are horrible.

Although I'm assuming there's a hesitancy due to how Ciders were capped to 3 stacks...

I'm thinking with the long hours of grinding for meager chances in rolling a good potion:
    1. Please Increased Etc Drop Rates for the Fuel Cells and Sparkplugs.
    2. Please Increase # of potions given by NPC per Raffle.
    Since over all.... 5 hours just to roll either a batch of bad potions, or 5 hours just to roll a few short duration good potions, are not good enough as rewards for the NLC Exchange.

Literally unusable for boss runs, as the tiny amounts of the potions cant last a few minutes into the run.
    • All the bad and normal NLC Exchange potions can be trashed do to ease of Coke Zero Pills, Ciders, Heart Stoppers, Apples
    • All the worth while potions (BlastroJuice and JigaJuice) get spent within less than 2-5 minutes with only after grinding +10 hours worth of ETC.
    Boss HP:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-major-bosses-hp-required.41825/

Most worthwhile boss runs ranges from +30minutes to +1.5hours. The Bosses HP are massive and takes forever to kill even with Apples.

But... APQ can pop out sizable stacks of Apples for bossing, and enough amounts to be sold at FM.

BlastroJuice and JigaJuice is just CHANCE RNG, cant reliably farm them into a usable stack for Bossing, and not enough amounts to be worth selling in FM.

This would be great if it could be improved and balanced.

10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    12:38 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I would like to add that Apples are relatively easy to farm with 2x APQ in 15 minutes or less, and are sold in FM for avg of 2m to 4m mesos each.

That's 3-4 onyx apples per 15-20minutes, with each account a person may use to access APQ multiple times per day. This makes massive stacks of apples.

Apples = WA 100 and MA 100 @ 10minutes = 600 seconds
    • 6 seconds per WA 1 and MA 1

Farming Heartstoppers are super easy about 10-20 per hour, or buy from FM for about 100k to 200k mesos.

Heartstoppers = WA 60 @ 1minute = 60 seconds
    • 1 second per WA 1

Juices... these take forever to farm, are randomized drops. Of the good ones, BlastroJuice and JigaJuice are both short on time.

BlastroJuice = WA 90 @ 1minute = 60 seconds (only get 0 to 1 pot per hour)
    • 0.667 seconds per WA 1
    JigaJuice = MA 1000 @ 5 seconds (only get 0 to 1 pot per hour)
    • 0.005 seconds per MA 1
    • Only pull off 1-2 magic attacks per JigaJuice, only after using Max Booster (when there's no lag).
    It all comes down to Attack Speed.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nises-formula-compilation.36234/

Blastro/JigaJuices may look good... but for farming 1 pot per hour, it's too little; in addition to short pot durations.

11. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You are rating Jigajuice way way higher than you should be doing, you can get the exact same results with GigaJuice but that lasts twice as long. TMA is hard capped at 2k even though the numbers go over it your damage will no longer improve.

I'd rate the pots in the following order assuming they are made more farmable:
    1. Blastrojuice
    2. Electrojuice
    3. Megajuice
    4. Nitrojuice
    5. Gigajuice
    6. Jigajuice
    7. Vitrojuice
    With Vitro and Jiga being essentially worthless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    8:38 AM
    Rough estimate of exchange value based on owl price for alternative object.
    1) Electrojuice (50ma/10mins) [750k] - Rice puff (40ma/15mins) [750k]
    2) Nitrojuice (22wa/10mins) [500k] - Energizer (25wa/30mins) [1.5m]
    3) Blastrojuice (90wa/1min) [250k] - Apple (100wa/10mins) [2.5m]
    4) Megajuice (200ma/30sec) [125k] - Ssiws Cheese (220ma/2min) [500k]
    5) Gigajuice (700ma/10sec) [~60k]
    6) Jigajuice (1000ma/5sec) [~30k]
    7) Vitrojuice (14wa/15mins) - Coke pill (15wa/15mins)

Based on Bergboy data from 51 exchanges, it takes on average 8min to gather for one exchange.
    Lets assumed that's not fully optimised and maybe if we push it, the average time drop to 6mins, giving 10 exchanges in an hour.
    Even if you get the most value potion all the time.. it's barely making any more value compared to just farming apples in APQ..
    I think the drop/exchange rate gotta be buff for like 3x-5x to make it even considerable. :speechless:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  13. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Nice i sold my electrojuices for 1m each