1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase @music Functionality

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lv1crook, Oct 1, 2021.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    2:53 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    @music is a nifty little command that allows you to change the soundtrack of any map in the game to a song of your choice or to a random selection. While it is cool, it’s fairly barebones in its current state. So I’d like to spitball a few suggestions of ways to increase its functionality. Please consider them if they are at all possible.

• Organize single selection by region
    Right now, if you want to select a specific song to loop, you need to navigate a list of 200+ songs. Not only is this cumbersome, but it also requires you actually know the name of the song you like by heart. I recommend to add some region based directories for quicker navigation.

• Play shuffle by region/version/etc.
    Shuffle is cool and all, but there are a lot of weird ass soundtracks sprinkled throughout the game (especially in world tour). There was a time on my xbow I let the entirety of Showa Town:Bathroom play as to to not lose grinding EPM. This mistake left me with psychological wounds that may never fully heal, and was the main impetus for this thread. So anyway I think it would be cool if some mixes were added e.g. Victoria Island, Deep Ludi, version x, etc.

• Create custom mixes
    Even cooler than curated mixes would be the ability to create your own! Then you can be sure only the sickest music plays during your grinding.

• Stay on even when leaving a map
    The command stops any time you change maps. Since you have the ability to turn it off any time you’d like anyway, this seems redundant. Also, it makes it harder to use when you have HS mule in the FM. Not sure if it’s a coding limitation or something, but if it’s not, I’d like to see this changed.

• Add a maple tip about it
    I’ve been playing this server for around 9 months now, and it was only last month I discovered this command. It’s been a real life saver, and I think a maple tip is the perfect way to raise some awareness about it. Imagine the collective number of brain cells that have been lost at Taipei 101 from the mind-numbing soundtrack. The extent of the damage is far too large for any single human to comprehend, but it’s not to late to make a difference!

Thanks for reading this far! If you have any other suggestions for this command, or any thoughts about these ideas, I’d appreciate your feedback below! :D

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just organizing the @music command would be such a huge thing IMO. Also IIRC there used to be more tracks in there that got removed, maybe they could be readded?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I liked the command a lot when I first found it but soon I was not using it and just using youtube to find my favorite song(s) because of how hard it was to find songs that I knew and liked in-game.

4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:53 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I like dividing things up by town, I can only name like 2 BGMs by name so other BGMs are kind of hard to pick out.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Bumping this old thread because my friend DeerDeer came up with another really good idea in the same vein as this suggestion.

She suggested for additional optional arguments to be added for the command that would allow you to play a song directly, e.g. @music a “Time Attack”

“a” would stand for album since other suitable letters seem to be used for existing arguments already. It would be cool if there was like a numerical song ID associated with each song as well so you could simply type something like “@music a 73” and it would play the song associated with that number.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Bumping this. Also there are some songs in the command that are non-functional which makes using shuffle more cumbersome. There will be no music that will occur for the duration of the bugged song.