1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted A better Mark of the Squad

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KurayamiLove, May 17, 2020.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:22 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Unlimited Elixirs once you EDIT: kill 200 Horntails?

Pretty please? :(

2. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    12:37 AM
    Beginner
    This definitely a problem, and probably the main reason I dont HT often, its just too long of a commitment and extremely tiresome

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:37 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    There are more reason to not HT:
    -Literally half of the run is waiting for cancels to go off
    -Drop rates get nerfed every few months
    -HT gets your mind numb, I don't know but am I the only one that gets mentally drained when you are halfway through the second run?
    -You better off grinding that doing HT if you want to get exp
    -You better farm mesos than go to HT for profit
    Altho the 2 last reasons apply to every boss in ML this is pretty much more reasons to not HT

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    At this point, I don't think anything will be changed, tedious mechanics are part of the old game and they did make the quest less annoying altho I like most people still dislike how this works. And well I do know the staff has been too afraid of doing anything positive since any little thing we get can be exploited out of people that are not a filthy casual like me, I mean otherwise, the drop rate of the test coins wouldn't be that low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Would you mind showing any patch notes that would indicate that droprates for HT have been nerfed consistently or recently?

6. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    That's the fun of it they do it without mentioning it, most shit we get is added without telling like the NT bosses summoning so is most nerfs to drop rates, including event items drop rates. I'm not sure but the cancer alternating cancels of Scarlion and Targa were too added without any patch note.

7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This shit is so annoying now Vergamot suddenly summons those pirates (should technically summon afterroads I believe?) since the time it takes to summon is way too long and it is invulnerable during the animation.

I'm sure this is just done on accident tho and not an intended change.

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Wait until they fix it and the summons flies around the map and zombify you.

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    No they weren't.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Drop rates do not get changed without announcement, and I am the only person with the dev that can change them. The summon change is a bug, which happens because of the JMS summon ID's and GMS summon ID's mismatch, which got reverted again with the latest patch. Same with few other bosses from other regions that had this bug in past. Kindly don't spread random misinformation based on your luck out of salt.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Are there plans to have them summon the correct mob? Ever since I started doing Vergamot it never summoned anything at all.

I'm all for summons at bosses, the only thing slightly tedious is the downtime where the boss cannot be hit at all

12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think the summon skin for the NT bosses was added to both Vergamot and Nibergen on purpose they just mess up the monster summon ID. If all the drop rates nerf are documented I would like to see them, not all drop rates nerfs we also got the timer crunch (In GMS you got more time to kill Chaos HT than HT in ML, and you take 20 mins anyways), the cancel spams, all adds up.

13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This is the first staff response to this thread, and it’s not even on topic.

Ofc the saltiness needed to be cleaned up, but can we pls get some response to the thread? Is there any chance this might happen or should I just give up hope?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Suggestion threads do not get replied to unless we got questions and do not get added into approved or denied unless we concluded we do or do not want it, as it always has been.

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:37 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Wouldn't you say that's a giant red flag and deterrent to applying for staff positions? Seems like a bait and switch* - people apply to staff because they enjoy participating in and want to help the community but then are redtaped from any sort of community interaction thereafter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:37 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
  17. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    12:37 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Bump.
    Also fix cancels please.
    New cancels thing is just a step backwards to before having the accessibility to cleave the heads.

18. Vystical

Vystical Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2018
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    6:37 PM
    Vystical/Kyrln
    Buccaneer
    Perion
    Bump

19. Dawnsinger

Dawnsinger Red Snail

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:37 PM
    Dawnsinger
    Bishop
    Bump

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    We will be addressing this in the coming patch. Possible implementations are being discussed internally, since we do agree that the current form is too daunting to the point of making people prefer to give up their character's freedom.

It's not mandatory for staff members to not answer suggestion threads; it's just that it's easier to answer only once we're sure of the way to go (as in, for example, whether the suggestion will be accepted or denied), as having to get back on one's own words, in case our opinion on a matter changes, is frustrating both for the community and for that staff member.

Both those bosses were already supposed to summon their minions, but mismatching server values were rejecting the skill cast.
    I merged the differences while altering their files when we implemented the boss points system for Anniversary event, but I applied the wrong fixed value, so while the skill "finally" works, it's wrong.
    Ironically, this is how I learnt that they have a summoning skill.

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1