1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low [MAC] cmd+a uses skill on ctrl button

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by bSide, Oct 5, 2021.

1. bSide

bSide Red Snail

Dec 9, 2020
    Male
    10:27 AM
    PlayerOne
    Shadower
    Description of the bug:
    When I have a skill on the CTRL button, pressing
    - cmd + a/z/x/c/v
    quickly will use the skill on the ctrl button. If you press a/z/x/c/v when the character is already at the top of the jump this bug will not occur. Must press them in quick succession.
    What is supposed to happen?:
    I have jump on my cmd button, and other active skills on a/x keys. So I tend to jump and press a/x to attack, but it uses my attack skill that I have on ctrl instead.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    Macbook Pro 2016 using Crossover to play
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Have a skill on ctrl button. While on a mac, press CMD then a/z/x/c/v. The skill on ctrl will be used. a/z/x/c/v refers to when CMD is pressed along with any of these keys, not all together.
    Extra information (optional):
    I have found that this can occur even if there is no hotkey binded to cmd + a/z/x/c/v.
    It does not occur when pressing cmd + other letters (as far as I have tested).
    My first thought was that it was due to a hotkey on my mac but I couldn't find any hotkey that like that, that would active the CTRL key.

In my attached screenshot, when trying to do cmd (maplestory shows it as alt) + a. I intend to jump and use band of thieves. But it uses assaulter that's on my ctrl button.
    This has always been occurring, even during 2nd job.

Not sure if this is smth to do with my machine specifically or with maplelegends.

Attached Files:

2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    2:27 AM
    I noticed this too, though if I dont put anything on the CTRL button it just does alt + A. Maybe not the solution you want but its what I've been using to avoid it :).

3. OP
    OP
    bSide

bSide Red Snail

Dec 9, 2020
    Male
    PlayerOne
    Shadower
    Yeah I did that while i was 2nd job, but once i got 3rd job i had more skills, so couldn't avoid it :(

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I have something similar with screen brightness and sound hotkeys when fnlock is turned on (so f1 is actually mute etc). I just figured it’s a windows thing

• Like Like x 1
  5. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Unfortunately I think this isn’t something MapleLegends can solve, but I could be wrong. Definitely not a staff member, but it might just be a crossover issue. Again, don’t take my word for it but that would be my guess.

6. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    1:27 AM
    I would expect Floris is correct. I'm not an expert on this at all, so don't take my word for it and do wait for an actual staff response, but I suspect it's just a quirk of WINE. The hotkey cmd+c on a mac is essentially ctrl+c on windows, so it may be sending the ctrl key into the WINE wrapper.

7. OP
    OP
    bSide

bSide Red Snail

Dec 9, 2020
    Male
    PlayerOne
    Shadower
    I see, if it ends up being that then all good, I can try rebind my keys to not use cmd and try get used to that. Will wait for confirmation from staff though.