1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted dunas

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Soniii, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:44 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Is there any update on this situation? I don't believe the concerns that Dunas is cheesable are relevant anymore with the vertical extension of Dunas' aggro range and it no longer being affected by monster magnet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I shall bring this up with balance team

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bump. Also perhaps increase the coin rate for Dunas as well, now that coin muling is limited. Dunas is still the most difficult NT boss, so having it be both the lowest in exp and coin rate seems illogical to me.

I've run Dunas only a handful of times after the slew of changes, and my average solo clear time went from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
    I know bosses like these weren't intended to be soloed, but I find that forcing players into certain cookie cutter playstyles is ruining this game for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:44 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    What makes Dunas such a bad boss is the same reason why Nibergen now is bad as hell, the huge downtime. Even after the change, Dunas is not worth doing, adding coins seems like an impossible thing to do in ML (MuleLegends), any small thing that can be exploited is expected to be exploited by every player of the server. So if you really want more coins bring as many mules as you can, that is what is expected of you.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    11:44 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I don't agree with the claim that says Dunas is a bad boss but I can see where it stems from.

The EXP and droprates are at a better state now (could use another buff but who am I to judge, it's a life-threatening matter that needs another 1.5 years to be deliberated by staff) BUT capping its EXP to be lower than Scarlion/Targa is just an absurd I can't really comprehend.

I support limiting mules, but it comes with insecurity in terms of ACTUALLY clearing this boss (limited amount of TL's/Ressurections) and since latest "buff" I had countless failed runs so imho, limiting mules should've came with a larger droprate buff or if droprates were to stay the same as current state, at least buff its EXP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Another EXP buff is definitely warranted, other then that I feel like Dunas sits in a good place right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I think they went a bit overboard, it should be atleast 12 signns and not 6 signs. In our guild we ran a lot NT runs together as a larger group and we had a lot of fun with it. We would be 4-6 people but these changes force you to be 1-3 people.

8. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    12 signs completely nullifies the changes and puts massive coin muling back on the menu.

The bosses can very easily be cleared with 6 people, most are ran in trio + mules.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I wouldn't say 'completely'. 30 signs and 12 signs the difference is too big.

These changes just forces you to play in a smaller group like 1-3 and people still bring in their mules. Atm I bring 4 mules for verga, 4 for dunas, 6 for NTPQ, (I don't run Nibergen because the pacman-attack turns the whole run into a shit show because mules gets knocked up), 3-4 mules for Nameless.
    The reason why I don't like the change is that I feel I am being forced to play in a party of either myself or in a duo/trio to make the most out of my runs.

What I think was a problem before would be people joining Verga, Dunas, Nameless, NTPQ, and just leech coins and do nothing where you would very easily get to 24 signs because why not. I just think the nerf from 30 to 6 man is too big and I suggest its put to 10 or 12 man instead so you don't have to choose between a mule and a buddy.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Whether or not coin muling had an adverse effect on the NT market was questionable to begin with. Market value of NT weapons were already dropping quickly even before the changes thanks to an inadequate demand. Adding a higher drop rate would only serve to flood the market with more junky NT weapons while the in-demand weapons just become harder to come by as they're now gated behind a crafting system that is much more difficult to farm.

Crafting NT weapons is now much harder while the price remains relatively the same. I'm not sure why people consider this a good change.

11. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    People can't even sell their crafting service at 6k a coin due to low demand. Not because of shortage of coins atm.

It could however become an issue long term but currently isn't

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This is a different problem at hand - crafting a weapon for 27m + materials for a 1 in 10 chance at a perfect weapon that goes for a market rate of 200m is a terrible gamble. Anything below that is basically reverse craft fodder. Personally, I think NT craft cost is still way too high, but it's being held up by the MTK market. I'm guessing crafting costs would have to drop even further for people to start considering the risk.

At the end of the day, all the changes serve to do is time-restrict individuals from farming NT weapons through crafts. In an extreme case of people bringing 30 mules to NT to enter the coin service/crafting market, the market would have adjusted to the influx of supply anyways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    4:44 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Or just make the coin to be like the one we had in event last time, you get more coins by hitting more, or you only get coins by hitting certain damage.
    6 signs are slightly too restricted that sort of force people into trio/duo

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Dunas a good boss? time/exp you better off doing Nameless and Vergamot and dropwise the whole NT is meme for that, even if you are going for a round of bosses for exp with a crew and you already cleared Vergamot and Nameless (Nibergen since the more aggressive bosses change is as bad as Dunas but with even worst drops) you also got Jiaoceng, Krexle (altho is just a punching bag) even with the same crew I do NT I can just go Zakum and clear in less time than Dunas and will have more fun in the way. even if you have a weaker crew I think Zakum is much better. Papulatus is also a neat boss, quick, ok exp and it drops equips you can NPC for a quick cash in.
    That's my perspective on Dunas ignoring how annoying it is on top with all those reflects and teleport attacks to make the boss ahem... more challenging. If you enjoy it and want the collectibles it drops like the chair and the cards go for it, I understand. BTW Nameless chair is factually the coolest.

15. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I'm up for a huuuuuuuge coin nerf on all NT.
    Perhaps more coins in other bosses, yeah but if you don't do a substantial amount of damage on the boss you get nothing at all, perhaps to make it fair for Bishops 10% of the damage?. Perhaps make it a number, doing millions of damage could result less % of the overall HP but could be high enough so mules can't achieve that or they will have to go thru a big hustle to do it slowing down the runtime.
    The 6 signs limit should be a thing for sure. Feeling spicy? how about reducing the timer of the bosses to an hour and a half? I mean it works for HT why not for this too?

This perhaps would make NT more fair even tho I doubt this will fix the issues with the bosses unless the new coin system with WS and CS is improved and implemented, as it is that system rewards faster bosses than the ones that need more people and time, NT could fall into the category of fast bosses but the chances there should be higher than other bosses like let's say: Jiaoceng or Latanica. Tackling that system is another debate, we will see what happens.

16. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Don't forget that we ARE still asking for an exp buff on Dunas to make it more on par with other NT bosses exp/time

No offense but you make it sound like you and your crew is highly incapable, if you take that long to clear Dunas you are doing something very wrong

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What exactly is 'unfair' about NT currently? The most coins you can farm currently is 600 for a single solo verga clear with the run being ~20-30 minutes if you're running a high level paladin or multiple attackers. You'd have to run this for 23 days straight to get 6 crafts out of it. That's 23 hours for ~180m worth of crafts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    idk its really easy to do Dunas for Lightning mages because yeah no dr, so might be really easy for you

19. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I don't really get your argument, all I'm saying is that it should take no crew longer to kill Dunas compared to Zakum.

"easy for me" is also a bit odd considering the trash DPM I/L mages put out so at the very best I'd be able to somewhat match my ranged attacker duo at dunas when the run is a bit less smooth but overall their DPM is still higher across the entire run.

Higher DPM results in faster cleartime, nothing really advantageous to me except that I wont have to worry about DR

20. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    My argument is that if you use yourself or your groups as a reference, where you as a Lightning mage can attack Dunas at all times and ignore damage reflect while being all safe from ever dying it's gonna be smooth, fast, and easy, whereas it's a shit show for other groups because they have to watch DR and it just takes those 20-30min same time as zakum. to be fair idk the epm and dmg between you two, but I think lightning mages are in a good spot.