1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix PQ Boss Card Drop Rates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lv1crook, Oct 12, 2021.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    1:34 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I don’t think this is a new or original suggestion in any way, but all PQ Boss card drop rates are just too painfully low to be ignored. Even as an avid lover of PQing, I still find card hunting PQ bosses to be stressful and generally a huge waste of time. Even if you PQ from the beginning of a level range all the way to the end, you can still end up with an incomplete set and have to resort to suicide to finish it the normal way. So I suggest at the very least halving the rate at which bosses don’t drop their cards.

If you don’t already understand how this would be an immense improvement to the PQ experience, I’ve explained my reasoning below.

First of all, no sane card hunter would ever recommend you to farm PQ bosses in the first place. Even the easiest PQ bosses are at least a several hour commitment with average luck. If the card drop rates were increased, I think it would actually encourage people to PQ more as it would be more of a reasonable step in your card hunting journey rather than a full-level range commitment. The way it is now, if you do any amount of balanced game exploration in your leveling journey, you basically forced to skip the set or suicide for several levels. Nobody likes suiciding, and the fact that you even have to resort to that at all is just stupid.

And yes, suiciding to finish the set is not even uncommon. I’ve had to do it for 2-3 levels of straight PQing basically 50% of the time for any PQ except PPQ.

Lets use KPQ as an example. And let’s be modest and say you level up twice an hour at KPQ, and you finish in 10 minutes with 4 people. With 6 PQs an hour and 5 hours, you exceed the level range naturally. This is an incredibly ideal example, usually you have to wait to find people and deal with washers and noobs which slows things down. The variable party sizes also makes a difference of course. Even if a card dropped every PQ, you would be there for at least 20 PQs, aka 3.2 hours before everyone finished their sets, and would have leveled up 6 times. That seems like a pretty reasonable commitment for a card set, right? Even if you were to get 5/5 first, it would take you at least 50 minutes which still isn’t even close to the easy sets. Once again, this is not considering anything at all that could slow you down. And most other PQs are considerably longer with similar drop rates.

And no, the night market should not be the go-to solution for this issue. That is more of a stopgap measure for completionists who are in the unfortunate position of being unable to farm cards themselves. Tell me, do you think the average player gains any satisfaction spending millions of their mesos for a set because the PQ bosses just weren’t worth putting your entire game to a halt? Card hunting should never be about how much mesos you can spend, but about diligence and exploring new areas of the game. The night market, and PQ cards as they currently are both go against the spirit of card hunting.

It would literally take one day to compile an average EPM of all PQs and adjust the card rates to something reasonable accordingly. I don’t understand why even after a massive PQ update, there is a refusal to budge on this simple issue. What keeps people playing PQs is a love for them, not chasing after ridiculously difficult card sets. The only PQ that should probably stay as it is in terms of card rates is PPQ, as the level range is an incredibly generous 50 levels (though as one of the worst PQs, one could argue a card rate buff is still justified). Please fix this.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    11:34 AM
    I kinda agree with this, I've been doing kpq for like 45 times for the King Slime set, sometimes the card wouldn't drop for 7 consecutive runs ^^ , plus the rng with dice rolling... which was really bad for me, but still... I've had to suicide a few times (started doing the PQ at level 21, I leveled way faster than the cards I gained xd).

3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    4:34 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Started a new character and decided to play it unfunded.
    Got my KPQ set by doing quite a few 2-3 man runs, with a mule or someone who doesn't bother with cards
    Even then, it took me about 4-5 levels to finish the set.

Not gonna attempt this at LPQ/OPQ/MPQ with >4 ppl rolling and each run being 20 mins or more.
    Maybe PPQ is possible with speed running when you are lv90+ and 3 man.

But yeah, the rate is poor, don't want to kill myself just for the card. I just consider a card dropped to save me 5m in the future...
    For LPQ/OPQ/MPQ, such long PQs, i dont even think a 100% drop rate is too much, consider you have to roll it among the party as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Pictured: Wu Yang admitting PPQ card hunting is actually just hell

E5CEE1CE-A7CD-4B9C-BA15-D9C91E15B397.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. rajuncajun

rajuncajun Orange Mushroom

Jun 20, 2015
    Beginner
    Yea it's horrendous even during OPQ back when the boss cards dropped 100%, it took me til lvl 70 to finish it due to dice rolling. This definitely needs to be reverted back to that. Even LPQ there's a bunch of lvl 50's who don't even have one card...

6. demonicbrawl

demonicbrawl Blue Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    3:34 AM
    spirit2roam
    Magician
    +1 to this, it stresses me out way to much where playing with my friend, I would let them finish the set, and say screw it to myself because it's too painful to get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Thanks for reviving this old thread because I have another amazing card hunting update :)

On my newest character, I literally completed 2 full horus eye pendants and did MPQ fully from 70-85 and STILL only ended up with 4/5. At that point I just used the night market for my own sanity.

But the worst part? MPQ is completely DEAD. It took a whole month of waiting in one of those two PQ lobbies SOLELY MPQing and after all that effort I still couldn’t complete the set. Countless hours spent alone or missing a mage or unable to find any fourth for the life of us. Really, there is no excuse for the PQ card set system to exist as it is in its current state. When it’s this bad, can you even call it an incentive to PQ anymore?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. PowderedJinx

PowderedJinx Mushmom

Apr 17, 2015
    Nautilus Harbor
    PowderedJinx
    Outlaw
    I agree with this, I think that it would make playing party quests alot more rewarding as each victory would feel like you get rewarded for it. I know there are some concerns that the card sets would become too easy to obtain, but I don't agree with that, as I personally think it would make PQs more rewarding to play as people would have more incentive to play them. Like the OP said, the only way to complete many of the sets is to kill your in game character so you lose EXP so you don't overlevel, and grinding multiple PQs some of which can take quite a long length to complete goes beyond challenging and becomes tedious.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    4:34 AM
    I agree with this. I did MPQ around 60 times and only had 2/5 cards. EPQ was done around 45 times and I was 3/5. I got my glove for OPQ and only managed 2/5 cards. Only in PPQ is where I managed to complete a set and that's due to its insane level range (Lv55~100; 45 levels) and the lv90+ players who were joining in that didn't care about loot. It's a drag competing with other players for boss cards in PQs and not even getting the satisfaction of completing the card set. Bosses should have a very generous card droprate in comparison to their loot.

Forgot to add, would I have been as fortunate to grab as many cards as I did if it wasn't for the Anniversary event giving points for PQ competition? MapleF6

10. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  11. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Just because you can buy them, doesn’t mean that should be the most sensible option (which often times, it is).

Mobs like fairy and psycho jack have drop rates adjusted because of scarcity, why aren’t PQ bosses the same way?