1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

monster book ring +avoid/acc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thuglifer, Oct 18, 2021.

monster book ring to include acc and avoid stats?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    5:25 PM
    Beginner
    Accomplishing tier10 is kinda a nice progression goal to attain. I would like a small tweak to the MB ring (i.e T10: +10 avoid/acc) to further differentiate it from the existing pool of rings. On top of that, i can see drk's well benefitting from this bonus. Furthermore, i think this would be an easier implementation since the MB ring is already content available than delaying this bonus stats further.

that's just me, what're your thoughts?

Also, are there any news on more Tiers to come? i.e. tier 11, 12, ... 20? or what the limit is, based on our monsters count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    5:25 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Would rather see acc/avoid on a Quest Ring or some other content ring personally :^)

• Agree Agree x 14
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:25 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i still wanna see something with quests numbers c.c

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    4:25 PM
    and mdef/wdef of course

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    11:25 AM
    Beginner
    I think it would be a cool addition, but I dont see how any event ring is on-par with a tier 10 MB ring?
    Best event rings are like +5 all stats and like 300 hp/mp - thats not even close.
    But still, I dont think adding some Acc/Avoid would be too "OP" to consider on MB ring - I'd say +1 Acc/Avoid per tier is pretty safe

6. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    I think the Monster Book Ring is not at all on the same level as event rings. Yes, its harder to obtain, but its typically double an event ring's stats and it's permanent. I would say that constantly re-obtaining a 4th event ring is actually more effort and gets expensive quickly since there's sometimes base stat variance, 90% chance upgrade items, and some events with point caps.

There's currently enough cards for T14 - 6 sets short of a full book.

I agree with Feeed though that I'd prefer to see acc/avoid on some other content ring/reward. Not everyone likes monster card collecting and they shouldn't be even more handicapped for not doing it. Cards are optional unlike _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

7. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    5:25 PM
    Beginner
    typically but not all the time, I think you're only referring to the melodies ring and not the past few rings event which were way higher. event rings can be stacked mostly and 6 months expiry of an event ring is imo, already very beneficiary. maybe rings like halloween ring (2020) this time should get changed/lowered from +8 WA/MA +12AS +500hp/mp

+avoid/acc is marginal and def doesn't increase the disparity much in having a ring or not. also, im pretty sure we have lesser players willing to perform quests to attain the quest ring than the MB ring, which makes players more handicapped if this bonus stats were to be placed onto the quest ring.

8. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    The Ring of Overdrive was not an "event ring". It lasted only for a week and it was a choice between more experience or more stats for each given week during the event. The one you could keep for 6 months was similar to the Ring of Melodies - its only advantage was that it gave speed and jump making haste essentially useless.

Any bonus stats is not marginal at all at higher levels. Getting acc on a ring could mean you no longer need to spend millions of mesos on upgrading another equip to hit something consistently.

I don't think it should be about how many players prefer cards over quests. If they really want/need the stats, they will put in the effort regardless. Quest ring is just an example of currently unrewarding content. I prefer to see smaller rewards distributed among more types of content instead of stacking all rewards on cards.

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:25 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Adding avoid to the ring only really buffs the better classes while leaving the worst classes in the dump.

There's only one DK who could use the avoid and it's the blueprint for making the class redundant

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Warrior crit ring.

11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Adding accuracy would be a buff to hero / paladin. As it stands I can't use my str SPECs in PB (have to use accuracy raccoon mask) to have enough accuracy for 100% hit with basket.