1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeed's Multimage Chronicles: My Journey into the Multiclient Sweat Club

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Feeed, May 17, 2021.

1. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    1:59 AM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    What about Ulu1 duo mage would that be better than selling ulu2 leech?

2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:59 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Nothing

3. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    12:59 AM
    It is probably going to be about the same, 3 mages is when you have lots of options to see substantial gains over selling ulu2 leech.

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Not really. Three mages is rarely (if ever) gonna net you more than 18ish mil per hour. That's honestly not very far off ulu2 singlemage with MU

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    I make about 25m/hr with 3 mages, counting everything including gach of course.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Including gach to EV puts ulu2 up to 15m/hr solo mage lmao. If you're also selling leech at the same time (while this means you either ditch MU or split meso with your buyers) you're still not significantly behind trio mage.

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    Sure, depending on whether you consider a ~25% increase in meso as a substantial gain (which I do).

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    What's your positioning with 3 mages?

9. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    For ulu1 trio, I put the bottom 2 in the same position as they would be in a quad mage setup, and the top mage to the left of where the top-right mage would be in the quad setup.

But as far as trio mages setups go, I found other setups, such as duo vikerola + cornians, to be slightly better meso/hr than ulu1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Gotcha, I can't 1H cornians so I've been testing duo mage vikerola and harps which i imagine is slightly below what you are doing. Thanks!

11. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    How much do you make per hour at vikerolas? Also how much TMA would I need to 1 hit?

12. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    w/ an FP you can 1h right at 120 w/ lvl 1 meteor with subpar int gear

Meso-wise, I get like 20m an hour of just vikerolas including gacha. I'm not gonna pretend to be the most efficient though so its probably possible to get more.

13. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Sup nerds <3

After a truly disappointing venture into the depths of the CWK exchange (0/48 WS pulls for those who haven't been keeping up), and having fully realized the extent to which a multimage setup would serve me, I decided to (slowly) pick this back up again :D

First off, unrelated updates:
    - CaptnFeeed is Lv. 181 and killin' it
    - ...the biggest enabler for that being that HolyFeeed was leeched to Lv. 100 and can now HS Mule in Neo Tokyo! Verga/Nameless have always been good exp but NT is kinda nutty post-buff.
    - FeeedOnIce, my level 99 I/L, is about 70% of the way to Lv. 100 purely as a result of APQs and key farming. Soon, he will be yet another NT coin mule~
    - I've been very slowly voting on the mages, so they have a bit of NX saved up (maybe 120k ea?). Huge shoutout to AinzAinz for motivating me on this.

I also gave HolyFeeed a makeover because I had a fun idea and was tired of seeing a naked mage in my NT screenshots:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, onto the reason we're here.

When we last left off, all three mages were Level 39 (and we were at +7.5m for our meso count) as a result of the sick trio mage setup I had going in Ariant. That was starting to get a bit slow, and seeing as they were all coming up on their maxed 2nd job skill, I decided it was time to search for a new grinding spot.

...which proved just as successful as my CWK exchanges. Honestly, I absolutely could not find a level-appropriate map where a triple mage setup was viable- especially one where elemental weaknesses were in my favor. I checked Orbis, Ludi, Mu Lung, Ellin Forest, Vic Island... they all came up short. So instead of being stuck forever, I said fuck it, I'll just level them up individually for a bit even if it doesn't make the best journal content.

(fun fact I stumbled across as a result of my searches, though- did you know that Chunins are the only mob in the game that are weak to both Lightning and Fire? The more you know~)

This turned out to be an excellent choice for my motivation. Setting up 4 clients correctly and playing on all of them is extremely boring, draining, and requires a good amount of prep and dedication. Instead, I just started casually grinding each FP when I had a bit of downtime waiting for boss runs, APQs, or just had half an hour to play. This allowed me to slowly get back into this project and made me realize I really can just level them up on the side.

So, I slowly leveled each FP mage from 39 to 43 at Jr. Wraiths- a map which for some absolute nonsensical reason doesn't seem to really be listed in any FP guide. Maxed Fire Arrow makes for an easy one-shot even with no gear (though I sometimes did miss Jr. Neckis), and the high spawnrate as well as decent loot made this map the clear frontrunner.

Here's what the carnage sorta looked like, as well as my Lv. 42 EPM3:
    [​IMG]

(shoutout to Nightz777Nightz777 and Funk)

(I also know I shouldn't be using Mana Bulls with only ~3k MP but it was an easy transfer and I made up the pot costs in loot anyway- I broke about even when all was said and done so I didn't bother worrying about it nor recording exact numbers)

For reference, this is about as good or slightly better than the EPH I was getting in Ariant, only focused on a single mage. This could obviously be made more efficient with all the other mages in a party with Holy Symbol.

Also wanted to mention that as it turns out, not all mages are the worst- I actually really enjoy playing FP! Something about going around shooting things with fire and dodging enemies with teleport is much more engaging to me than jumping headfirst into mobs while holding down a button like an absolute pepega. I/L and Priest are boring for me but F/P is providing yet another source of motivation- which I definitely did not expect when this began!

Now that the FPs are 43 (note that the IL is still 39), I can begin the next step- but you'll have to check in next time to see what that is ;D

Thanks for bearing with me, will try to keep this slightly more alive (no promises) <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    The reason the FPs had to be Lv. 43 is because Truckers are Lv. 48- which means they can leech there.

I did say I was going to try to avoid leeching, but it doesn't really count if the one doing the work is my Lv. 39 I/L, right?

[​IMG]

Here's the setup. I've got both Lv. 43 FP's and my HS mule parked near the portal, while I solo cliented on my Lv. 39 I/L mage with VERY basic INT gear (maybe 20 TMA total?). I invite my Priest into the party for HS, kick him, then absolutely went to town killing Truckers. At Lv. 39 and using a Green Paintbrush, my damage was a bit pathetic and I got MISSes pretty often, but the EXP was still insane. As you can see in the screenshot, I quickly hit Lv. 43 on my I/L, which means I could equip a Nocturnal Staff for a much needed damage boost.

I had a clean one I was planning to 60, but I owl'd for fun and found this really solid one for only 1.5m (?!):
    [​IMG]
    (for reference, this is +14tma over an average clean one)

With that equipped and with the help of a Wizard Elixir (Meditation isn't maxed yet), here's the EPM3 I was getting on my I/L at Lv. 44:
    [​IMG]

...9.85% in 3 minutes. ON ONE MAGE. The other two were getting half that- so ~4.9% each, for a total of 19.7% total exp on the mages in 3 minutes. Plus, the equipment drops from mobs completely cover the potion costs. If I ever hear a low-level I/L complain about grinding spots or money, I'ma smack them.

Speaking of which, I realized the source of my dislike for mages- jumping into mobs and holding down a button absolutely brainlessly isn't fun for me at all. I think that's why I hadn't liked playing I/L or Priest in the past, and why I've been liking F/P a lot more. From now on, I'll try to be nicer to FPs- they're cool <3

As of writing, all mages are Lv. 45 and the current meso count is +6m (losses come from the Staff purchase)- though keep in mind I'm not counting gachas at all and I haven't gone out to do the money making quests quite yet.

I'll be at Truckers leeching the FPs at least for a while. My current plan is to stay here until both FPs are Lv. 51- by which point, my I/L should be approaching its 60s. Why 51? Once again, you'll see- and I should have a few fun posts on the way up too :)

See ya next time~

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Quick update: I/L is 48, F/Ps are 47. Still killing Truckers.

I'm realizing I'm actually MAKING money here, even with Mana Bull costs. Every time I restock potions, have an extra 2m in the bank (conservative estimate). Just so I don't lose track, I've made about 4m profit so far, for a current total meso count of +10m.

(also decided go back and make some important text pop with color, namely exp status and meso counts, as they were being lost in the wall of text imo)

More importantly, added a section in the OP with quick links to all journal entries so far to make this thing a bit easier to read from the beginning now that I've got a bit more traction going:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I love ur journal Feeed <3 uwu
    Keep up the good work! Slay those obnoxious honking cars ~

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Mage update: The F/Ps just hit Level 48, and the I/L is now Level 50!

I'm still grinding away at Truckers, but we're getting close to our goal of Level 51 on the F/Ps. I noticed that I was getting closer and closer at being able to 2-shot Truckers (I have been 3 shotting them up until this point)- I figured now that the I/L is Level 50, it might be time for some gear upgrades! I'll need a few upgrades for the F/Ps to be able to poison train effectively, so might as well do some shopping now.

I was finally able to equip my 12 TMA Purple Gaia Cape, which is a significant upgrade over my 2 TMA Rugged Cape. My other slots, though... were mostly fine? I would have to invest several millions more into getting an extra 1-2 TMA on each piece, and that didn't seem like the best use of my meso. Instead, I looked at the 2 slots that were vacant: my pendant, and my eye accessory.

For my first purchase, I picked up a Silver Deputy Star. My second purchase was a 7 INT Raccoon Mask. These combined are only a 12 TMA upgrade, but cost me a whopping 50m combined. The meso count after the purchases was -40m Total, and I really didn't like how I was in the hole by that big of a number. I decided to get some of it back ;)

In a previous entry, I completed the Maple Basic Knowledge quest (Lv. 30+) for an easy 3x Dark Scroll for Shoes for Jump which sold for 15m. There just so happens to be ANOTHER quest that guarantees the same scroll drop, and it's a well-known Lv. 40 Quest: Sakura, the Kitty and the Orange Marble. While there are a handful of other quests you can do for money, those 2 quests alone fund a huge chunk of your early game. If you haven't done them on all of your characters yet, I highly recommend it.

Anyway, here's the I/L with his new clothes having just completed the quest:

[​IMG]

...and the end result of having done the quest on all 3 mages:

[​IMG]

For another easy 15m, putting our net total at -25m meso. Still not ideal, but a step in the right direction- plus, both items I bought hold their value, so not the worst. I've got plans to recoup the remaining meso later on, but I'll have to leave the total there for now.

Unfortunately, even with the upgrades, my I/L cannot two-shot Truckers- unfortunate, but we're getting closer. There is however one more purchase I have to make- and while I don't think it'll push me over the threshold, it should help at least a little bit...

Until next time :D

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  18. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    We're back! And I'm here to report that I've made very close to zero progress on any of these 3 mages in the last two to three weeks.

...but this time, it's not because I've been lazy! Another project of mine unrelated to this journal that I've had on the backburner for a very long time was get my Priest leveled up. This would enable a bunch of new possibilities on my main- Gen, JC entry, HS30 for BGA- but the most exciting, at least at this point, being Resurrection. My friends and I are all terrible at this game apparently, and the idea of having Res onhand for Neo Tokyo in particular started becoming more and more appealing. I finally decided to pull the trigger, so my HS has been held up for the last while.

After getting Lv. 100-120 leech, job advancing, getting the HT Elixir, completing the Genesis and Resurrection Questlines, doing the JC and Zakum prequests, and starting to grind a bit, I've finally hit a good stopping point where my ability to 2h Skeles is only blocked by NX. So, my Bishop (!) no longer needs to be outside of Singapore, and my trio mage grind can continue!

I did say I made close to zero progress- not quite zero. That's because I took the downtime to make that purchase I had mentioned...

[​IMG]

I would have really liked for the 3 mages to all be on the same Zakum run and to have gotten their helms at the same time, but the weapon defense on a Zak Helm plus the boost in INT are just too good to pass up on an I/L mage given the fact that I still have more Trucker grind ahead of me. I should hopefully save a good amount of potions (and maybe be able to 2 shot?!) and slow the bleeding a bit because I make up for the fact that our meso total is now -37m.

Also gonna take a moment to flex that I completed the Zakum JQ on two characters without falling once! I wish that meant I was good at the game, but please bear in mind that this entire detour was caused by the need for Resurrection for bosses that should be trivial.

Anyway, back on the grind until next time!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:59 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Please just use your bishop to leech your mages and save yourself from second job FP hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    you're not my real dad

• Friendly Friendly x 5