1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Oct 16, 2021.

What is the worst class?

1. Hero

33.3%
  2. DK

8.1%
  3. Paladin

17.2%
  4. Shadower

12.4%
  5. I/L

4.8%
  6. F/P

5.1%
  7. Bishop

3.2%
  8. Corsair

3.8%
  9. Bucc

2.4%
  10. BM

2.4%
  11. MM

3.0%
  12. NL

4.3%
  1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:40 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We need to wait until the shad mule revolution because as of right now it’s somewhat rare for two people on the squad to have a sed mule.

2. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    5:40 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I remember when the server tried restricting multiclient via coding for some bosses, it was badly done because staff allowed the use of multiple computers

while I don't really agree with what im about to say, in staff place I think it would have made more sense if they made multiclient a bannable offense but only for the true relevant bosses (HT and PB) and let the community self police; only then it would have been a fair try in combating mc under the excuse of making endgame bossing more challenging and community based

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:40 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is really the only way you can enforce it as staff.

I feel like this would realistically not result in a significant portion of 'abusers' (or however you'd want to refer to the rule breakers) being banned. Hence, it'd really only create a downside for those who are honest enough (or limited enough, in terms of devices)

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I don't think it likely that the people who have invested the most time into the game and have the most to lose would risk it for just a slight benefit, and if one is currently bringing in high level mules to boss runs they almost certainly fall into that camp. And if the community self-polices (nx incentives?) it would be relatively quick and easy to determine the veracity of such a report. A screenshot of 2+ characters that belong to the same person in a boss map is all it would take.

Community-based reporting of course wouldn't be possible against someone who only multi-clients for solo bossing such as in NT, but if they're participating and muling in such high level content then they've put in a lot of time into the game and are highly unlikely to risk it. It wouldn't have to be strictly enforced by staff; the weighing of the pros and cons would prove to be enough of a deterrent for end game players.

That being said, NT would have to be significantly buffed again if such restrictions were put into place to make it worth running as one would have to find and bring an additional bishop and DK (for the not super washed), which would dilute exp and profits to the point of it not being at all worth. If the restrictions were applied only for certain bosses such as PB and HT, it would seem so arbitrary and unintuitive for newer players, although I suppose that's exactly how it was when the multi-client restriction was first rolled out, for better or worse. Though I don't know if I personally would agree with it, it would certainly solve some of the present class balance issues with respect to muling that are currently ailing the server. It does nothing, however, to address the waning utility and need for DKs as the community becomes increasingly washed, and nor does it carve out a niche for heroes outside of CWK.

5. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    4:40 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    If you’re a hero and you’re reading this, you know what to do

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    4:40 AM
    Should change thread to "what is the worst redundancy class?"

7. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    The answer is probably: Which class is closest to its natural base form and is the least buffed? We know the answer isn't Shadower 6.0 :)

8. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I'd be curious to see a full ranking from everyone, from worst to best (all 12 classes)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I was gonna do a post about that but I got lazy but I could just put them here without explanation:
    1-Bishop
    2-Bowmaster
    3-Night Lord
    4-Marksman
    5-Buccaneer
    6-Corsair
    7-DK
    8-Shadower
    9-Hero
    10-Paladin
    11-Archmage F/P
    12-Archmage I/L

But is based on how I play, no 8-hour farming leech and mostly bossing (AKA the wrong way to play the game).

10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That would be night lord I guess.

• Creative Creative x 2
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    It's so hard to do this with there being like 5 different things to rate/grade a class on.

12. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'll rank this based on classes I'd personally like to play and invest gear into in the current meta, from best to worst:
    1. Night Lord
    2. Corsair
    3. Marksman
    4. Buccaneer
    5. Paladin
    6. Bowmaster
    7. Shadower
    8. Ice/Lightning Mage
    9. Dark Knight
    10. Hero
    11. Fire/Poison Mage
    12. Bishop
    Edit: moved f/p lower

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    That makes comparing the rankings virtually useless though.
    But sure, for the sake of curiosity.

I'll order classes by (my perception of):
    1. Effort/time invested to reach mid/endgame
    2. Benefit from reaching mid/endgame on class x
    3. Difficulty/downsides experienced while playing a class, including lower levels

1. I/L
    2. F/P
    3. Hero
    4. Bish
    5. Shad
    6. Pally
    7. NL
    8. DK
    9. Bucc
    10. BM
    11. Sair
    12. MM

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1. Bishop - best class in the game by a large margin. Given proper funding, the meso farming capability is on par with archmage, and is desired in every bossing situation (though sometimes as a mule).

2. Nightlord - Strongest DPS in practice, and has advantage over all other classes when using att pots via alchemist. Also useful to increase farming gains via meso up.

3. Buccaneer - Solid damage output, with amazing utility / support. This class is mostly rated highly due to the end game bossing meta. Buccaneer isn't that great at early / mid game content, but really does shine in end game like HT / PB where the bucc utility / support makes a big difference.

4. Marksman - Solid damage output with very good support. MM > BM due to pink bean.

5. Bowmaster - Solid damage output with very good support.

6. Corsair - Typically a bit below nightlords in terms of damage, but above everything else. Corsair is very solid at farming mesos and can function as a mage in some scenarios. The main reason corsair is ranked below MM/BM/BUCC is because the class has a high learning curve and is usually outclassed by nightlords in end game bossing situations.

7. I/L - Better at bossing than FP, otherwise FP would be ranked higher (solely due to poison attribute discrimination)

8. F/P - amazing meso farming, and both mages perform better than expected at things like pink bean.

9. DK - Has a niche in the form of hyperbody, good cleave damage but unfortunately this isn't relevant in the current meta. below avg single target, hence lower ranking.

10. Paladin - Has a niche in neo tokyo, unfortunately the meta does not favor it elsewhere. The class is not actually as bad as people believe though (unless you are using blunt or 1h weapon).

11. Shadower - Has a niche in horntail due to seduce mechanic, but otherwise is simply average / below average in all aspects of the game (damage, meso farming), hence lower ranking. The main benefit is extremely low potion spending, so its easy to keep your mesos as a shadower.

12. HERO - no real niche in the game (i.e. there is nothing that HERO is the best at).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    memes
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  17. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    the only ranking I'd change here personally is lowering bishop. They're only relevant as actual bossing characters in zakum, HT, and PB. And they can be muled if needed in zakum and PB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    IMO, just because a character can be muled doesn't impact its ranking. Someone has to have that character to mule it in the first place, and the fact that people want to mule it is proof that it has value. Maplelegends is not a server where people are restricted to 1 client.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    4:40 AM

20. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:25 AM