1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Oct 16, 2021.

What is the worst class?

1. Hero

33.3%
  2. DK

8.1%
  3. Paladin

17.2%
  4. Shadower

12.4%
  5. I/L

4.8%
  6. F/P

5.1%
  7. Bishop

3.2%
  8. Corsair

3.8%
  9. Bucc

2.4%
  10. BM

2.4%
  11. MM

3.0%
  12. NL

4.3%
  1. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    10:03 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Assuming I had access to all the resources I could ever need or want, taking current meta into account.
    1. Bishop
    2. Corsair
    3. Marksman
    4. Bowmaster
    5. Night Lord
    6. Buccaneer
    7. I/L
    8. F/P
    9. Dark Knight
    10. Paladin
    11. Shadower
    12. Hero

2. Coincidences

Coincidences Mano

Jun 2, 2018
    Male
    Memento
    Buccaneer
    Vengeance
    1. Bishop
    2. Night Lord
    3. Corsair
    4. Marksman
    5. Bowmaster
    6. Bucc
    7. Dark Knight
    8. Paladin
    9. Hero
    10. I/L
    11. F/P
    12. Shadower

3. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    10:03 AM
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    I put gaps to group together the broader tiers. Any class within the same tiers are very close together though, and I'd easily swap any of them around.

1. Bucc
    2. MM
    3. BM
    4. NL
    5. Sair
    6. Bish

7. Pally

8. IL
    9. FP

10. Shad
    11. DK
    12. Hero

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    7:03 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'll base my tier list off of folks who want to spend 2k+ hours in the game and who desire to have like 20bil+ invested in their characters by the end of their journey.

0: Islander

Instead of using the best years of your life on this game you can go touch grass, which is a greater reward than anything offered by this list.

1: Bishop -> transition class
    2: F/P -> transition class
    3: I/L -> transition class

Economy is king. For the majority of classes in the next section to reach their hyper-optimized maximum potential it is almost 100% required to utilize at least one of the above classes. The ability to accumulate currency and experience is unrivaled, especially with such a heavy HP wash meta where most DPS classes are unusable while optimizing. The idea is to build a mage with the goal of transitioning to another class later, while only funding them so far as to 1ko/2ko your mob of choice for exp/mesos, and investing what you can into your future projects.

4: Night Lord
    5: Marksman
    6: Bowmaster
    7: Buccaneer
    8: Corsair

The meat of gameplay, where ideally people invest most of their time and mesos should they choose to go down the path of the sweaty bosser. All of the classes here range from good to great in a solid majority of all content in the game. They're all good picks to fill up a squad, given enough funding and investment.

9: Bossing bishop
    10: Paladin(sword)

Bishop is a class that is so good at HT in the upper echelons of play that it overcomes its borderline uselessness/muleability in a large chunk of content. If this were a HT tierlist it would be #1 instead. Paladin on the other hand is an acceptable option in most content, while being being incredibly powerful in their niche.

11: Dark Knight
    12: Bossing I/L
    13: Shadower
    14: Hero(sword)
    15: Bossing F/P

This is the last stop before you reach the dregs of society. It's okay to invest in these but please, for your own sake stray no further into the realm of off-meta weapon warriors or meme builds. Only pain and suffering await beyond the end of this list.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I’d add shadower and paladin within the transition class tier. Super low maintenance classes that can yield a decent amount of farm if you choose to take the class to end game. Both also turn into very valuable/meta relevant mules so quitting them before 200 to transition into your main isn’t all for naught.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    9:03 AM
    Here's my ranking:
    1. Bishop
    2. Bucc
    3. NL
    4. MM
    5. BM
    6. Sair
    7. I/L
    8. F/P
    9. DRK
    10. Pally
    11. Shad
    12. Hero

Metrics I use to evaluate a class:
    • Ability to grind
    • Ability to boss
    • Ability to farm (both mesos / card hunting)
    • Independence as a class
    • Utility (what value do they provide other classes / their party?)
    • Scaling (how much do you get out of leveling? out of investing mesos?)
    • Difficulty/effort to achieve "maximum performance"
    Thoughts:
    • Bishops - I initially had them much lower on my list, but looking at other people's lists made me re-evaluate their ranking. Based on the metrics I described above, they're definitely top tier. Edit: I wouldn't want to main one, but they have the most value as a class.
    • Bucc - I didn't really think too much of them initially, but discussing classes with joot a few days ago made me realize that they're probably the top tier attacker, at least in the current meta. Nearly every class can benefit from SI (even BMs can benefit, from the startup animation of hurricane) and they have many desirable traits: TL, solid DPS, relative independence, decent scaling (they scale amazingly with levels, and decently with mesos), and good ability to grind. The only thing to really note is that they're relatively more difficult than some of the other attackers. Also, iframes are :yay:
    • NL - they're insanely easy to play and they have great DPS/avoid. Reliant on SE and their ability to grind is reliant on them getting carried for the most part by either a mage/someone else at shaolin
    • BM/MM - they're both actually good at grinding, bossing. However, I think it could go either way depending on how much you value pb performance. I think MMs are probably easier to play (in terms of achieving max DPS at bean/HT), and they perform better at bean so I placed them higher. I could see an argument for either way though.
    • Sair - actually pretty good at grinding, bossing, and farming. Their DPS isn't nearly as reliant on party buffs as NLs are, but they're much more difficult to play when compared to NLs so I put them here. No utility other than damage for a party either.
    • Both mages - great at farming, pretty underrated at bossing, and not very difficult to play. They don't scale nearly as hard as the classes above but they're imo a great starter class since an archmage paired with an HS mule is ideal for leeching, and the mages can still do endgame content (namely pb). Could go either way; I evaluated i/l's above f/p simply because i/ls can do more bosses, but I could see an argument for the order to be switched too, since f/p are objectively better for leeching and for pb at least.
    • DRK - good at grinding, amazing at card hunting, and HB is a useful party buff but ultimately it's muleable. Unfortunately they're not the best at bossing and they have to put significantly more effort to achieve similar dpm as heroes (zerking). They also don't scale that well.
    • Pally - have their niche at NT/scarga. At one point they were underrated but I think people realize now that they're not actually that bad. No utility though, so they're here.
    • Shad - smoke/sed mule is nice utility, but they need some help
    • Heroes - to be fair, they're actually not too bad if I evaluate them according to most of the metrics I listed above. Unfortunately they provide pretty much no utility since ciders make rage largely useless, but at least they're easy to play I guess / low barrier to entry in terms of washing too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    4:03 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Based on my current perceptions of the classes, with my rather limited experience.
    1. Bowmaster
    2. Marksman
    3. Shadower
    4. Buccaneer
    5. Bishop
    6. Dark Night
    7. Paladin
    8. Fire/Poison
    9. Ice/Lightning
    10. Corsair
    11. Hero
    12. Night Lord

A few of these are interchangeable, since I don't know much about almost any class except Bowmaster.
    For me, the meat of the game is at really exploring every nook and cranny that it has to offer. I understand that for the most part shadowers (and maybe also buccs) have a fun playstyle and are good jack of all trades in a way, which make them look good to me.

However, I think archer classes ended up being a good pick for me because I found the playstyle interesting and fairly versatile/useful early-mid game, while still being one of the star players in late game. And style.

8. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:03 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    My ranking:

1. Corsair (highest dummy/freefire dpm, ON A BOAT, birb genesis, can float)
    2. Buccaneer (fuckaneer's only downside is how long it takes to max skills, super cool class, plenty versatile, great utility and damage)
    3. MM (finally got the damage it deserves)
    4. BM (always a solid pick)
    5. Bish (super solid class from early game to late/end game)
    6. NL (super reliant on SE to be OP, can't farm or grind for shit, played by silly people)
    7. I/L (has its niche in bosses & can farm/grind like mad)
    8. Paladin (elemental bossing niche, little utility/farming)
    9. F/P (RIP poison discrimination)
    10. Shad (actually coolest class, super allround, versatile af, nice utility with smoke, great survivability, but cucked by dmg)
    11. DK (HB is its sole savior, can't believe zerk is already buffed here, can you imagine how bad these would be without that????)
    12. Hero (pepega meme class that can afk solo bosses if nicely funded, but is literally the most boring class in the game + doesn't excel at anything except making me wanna close the game)

Based on my fully 200% unbiased views on classes.

Independence > bossing/bossing utility > farm/grind potential > survivability

Which is also kinda the order here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    11:03 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Staff has already anounced that NT pt 2 is indeed gonna come someday. Consering this, i'd like to think over if this alone helps any class balancing.

-Buccs gonna be even more important than they already are because it's one of the best class to pin Auf Haven to the left. Also their iframe attack possibilities are pretty OP there. Auf Haven cast seduce to the right every minute and needs to be pinned left to avoid sed + body damage (23k vanilla version of MSEA). Also, it walks towards the players like Dunas, reforcing the necessity to pin left.
    -Warrior rush was the best way to pin but most likely gonna be nerfed (like mapleroyals did) as its easier to mule comparing to bucc because of higher hp and rush nature. The fight gets pretty much ridiculous with rush so i totally see this nerf coming.

-Looking at pallies , NT pt2 seems a good balance alone. Their elemental advantage over all the 3 bosses of Auf Haven expedition make then pretty OP, but the possibility of Auf Haven being pinned by KB value may consolidate them as the best class for NT PT2. I’m talking about this as a possibility because vanilla KB value is 145K and it’s a too high value to hit without SE for ice weakness. MapleRoyals ended up nerfing KB to 75K, which consolidated pallies as best class there imo. Even if it doesn’t happen here, pallies are going to be a in decent spot anyways (First boss: Lightning weak; Second boss: Lightning weak; Third Boss: Auf Haven Ice weak and Summoned Auf Haven Holy weak). Summoned Auf Havens are damage reflect 10m hp troublesome summons during boss fight.
    -Regarding DKs, it’s really hard to zerk but possible for skilled players. HB gonna totally be highly desired because even if u are a pog washed 19K ranged, having HB diminishes run risks as it’s possible to take sed+ body damage or many hits of 9.5K in a row being seduced. The constant dispels casted by this boss makes regular attacking DK considerably better than mules, if the DK has good control.

-Regarding the easy deaths fighting Auf Haven, survivability is really important trait to be considered and this means shadowers have a reasonable spot. In spite of having said that shads are the 2nd worse class, i ask what they do with the mesos they save from having the highest dodge rate on the game and no extra cost of Stars/ Arrows/ Bullets (This question was done by somebody else on a past shadower discussion thread).Turning this meso advantage into attack pots would totally change their overall position, not even counting all their valuable traits like low wash/sed target/ HT cleave/ high pb dpm if they boom mesos (i’m looking forward to optimized booming dpms as sometimes they may even exchange apple for meso boom but it for sure needs to be further tested). However, i wouldn’t be against a shadower rework in a way they lose a bit of dodge rate and gain a bit of damage 1vs1, considering NT pt 1 is a big part of endgame. I’d like to reiterate their survivability can’t be underestimated for NT pt 2 and neither their potion consumption advantage over all the other classes that can be turned into attack pots.

-Hero is still mediocre at NT pt2 like it already is in the current content, so i’m totally in favor of a buff even if it’s a 1vs1 buff like the panic suggestion. I don’t think it’s unfair with pallies as they gonna still shine at element based situations like NT- seems a fair pay off against hero possibility to cleave. The release of LHC alongside a multitarget Von Leon gonna happen soon in MapleRoyals and seems to be a good way to balance cleavers all along. Endgame gear dropped by Von Leon is comparable to PB.

Another stuff i’d like to bring to discussion:

-As long as staff don’t make some pepega 2m farmable worth of AP resets events like some in 2020, i don’t think we gonna have this total independence of HB people talk about (even less likely when Auf Haven is launched because the more hp the better). Only a small part of community keep voting for years and years. Most players come and go. I predict that to maintain 700+ player count in the future we gonna need new players to compensate for the quitted ones.

-As i’m talking about hp i’d like to reinforce my opinion on hp washing. The time gated to new players to wash is a positive thing from the server imo. They have to farm mesos anyways and guides have already have shown that hp washing is possible from the start even without nx and the easier accessibility of high attack items compared to vanilla gms pre potential makes it reasonable to level with high int from the start unfunded in ML. Also, this time gate thing for HP makes less new players aim for 30K hp and consequently helps DKs being relevant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    11:03 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Another thing i forgot to mention is that Hamstring is pretty OP against Auf Haven as it also helps it staying on the left and consequently helps the left pin, which is essencial for the success of the run, this makes BM one of the best class and better than MM there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    It seems like most people are evaluating classes primarily on 3 criteria: single target damage, utility (bossing-wise), and money-making potential.

If we arbitrarily weigh each criterium equally and we score each class as the sum of the scores from each, we get roughly the following from my personal scoring based on the current meta:

Single target damage:
    NL: 10/10
    Sair: 9/10
    BM/MM: 8/10
    Paladin: 7/10
    Bucc: 6/10
    Hero/DK: 5/10
    Shad: 4/10
    AM(IL): 3/10 (higher than FP because of NT)
    AM(FP): 2/10
    Bishop: 1/10

Utility:
    Bishop: 10/10
    Bucc: 8/10
    BM/MM: 7/10
    DK: 5/10 (for now :sneaky:)
    Shad: 3/10 (smoke + sed)
    Paladin/Hero: 1/10 (magnet/rush)
    NL: 0/10
    Sair: 0/10
    AM(IL): 0/10
    AM(FP): 0/10

Money-Making:
    Bishop/AM: 10/10
    Shad/Sair: 4/10
    Hero/DK/Paladin: 3/10
    NL/MM/Bucc: 2/10
    BM: 1/10

Ranking:
    1. Bishop: 21
    2. MM: 17
    3. BM/Bucc: 16
    4. Sair/DK/AM(IL): 13
    5. NL/AM(FP): 12
    6. Shad/Paly: 11
    7. Hero: 9

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I haven't achieved 4th job on any of my 12 chars yet (only level 100 on 8 of them, and level 85 on 3 of them, and the Buc I'm working on currently is 88), but the one I have the least fun with is the Bucc. Cumbersome, annoying, and extremely limited. They have some good utility skills at the low levels, but that doesn't compensate for the overall pain in the ass they are to use. After that, it's the Corsair. While they're a little more fun to play because they're ranged, the same is still true that they are limited and weak. My order thus far:

I/L
    Pally
    Bowmaster
    Marksman
    Dragon Knight
    Shadower
    Hero
    Nightlord
    Bishop
    F/P
    Corsair
    Buc

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't like giving NL too much props since NL is like that Shiba dog crying meme when the SE user DCs. Also of they dont have SE mules is the same. I'm so used to just not bring mules at all when I solo stuff as a Bucc.

14. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    That "crying shiba dog" still does more dpm than warriors and shads in PB, so what does that make the latter group?
    OnionMuha

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i thought NL with no SE does same single target dpm as Hero? or did I remembered it wrong T.T

16. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Pirate classes are famously known for being very gimped/underpowered/annoying to play until 4th job, after which is when they shine. Of course your ranking is interesting as it reflects the 3rd job gameplay of the classes, but in the end the majority of time in this game is spent in 4th job (unless you're me in which case its spent in 1st and 2nd job kekw). Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what your ranking becomes once you reach lvl 150+

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Besides SE dependency, NLs are just extremely efficient at everything.
    My lvl 158 NL managed to clear both HT runs on 80 ginseng roots total. On fewer than 10 sets of BF. With like 50 acp and like 10 ciders. It has been known that NLs can boss with minimal attention. As someone who enjoys multiclienting, NLs are too good at everything to rank any lower.

Also, that was my own personal list since the criteria were not given.

18. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    but they wont have no SE, its usually in party or muled or both, in the form of redundancy.

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    yeah, but i thought "crying shiba dog" means NLs without SEs hahah

20. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    10:03 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Ranking them based on general playing experience (leveling, meso farming, bossing)

S Tier: Bishop (fantastic at everything and needed all the time)
    A Tier: BM, MM, Bucc (good at everything and needed all the time)
    B Tier: Corsair, I/L (excels at their niche and generally good at everything)
    C Tier: NL, F/P (excels at their niche but meh to average in other areas),
    D Tier: Shad, DK (average at everything, slightly boosted by party utility)
    F Tier: Pally, Hero (ability to excel is meta-dependant, otherwise meh to average)

• Agree Agree x 2