1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did I screw up my character? Thief Advice

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by crklizas, Oct 25, 2021.

1. crklizas

crklizas Red Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    Male
    3:02 AM
    Assassin
    Tunas
    Hello everyone!

I've started playing Maplelegends 2 days ago and im having a blast! Back in the day I had a dexless thief and I decided to create one right away.

The thing is I didn't knew anything about washing HP untill I got level 37... Someone told me to put points in HP and remove one from MP to put in LUCK.

I coudn't do a second time because I reached instantly the minimum MP. After a little research and learning about MP per level based on INT, I removed a few points from LUCK and put in INT, to gain some more MP per level in order to wash in the near future.

But Im not sure if I leveled too much without INT and its too late to wash... Of course it would be easier to create a new character but im already bonded with this one! Will I be able to reach the minimum HP to boss around? Can someone share a light?

[​IMG]

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:02 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As acknowledged by yourself, starting over is more ideal as you will be able to add points into int from a lower level, however, you're far from doomed if you decide to add int for a little while when you lvl up now.

For some better insight and calculations I suggest joining the Maplelegends Discord and state your problem in the Questions channel. There should be some people around that can give you better guidance

3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    2:02 PM
    Beginner
    depends on ur hp goal, u can check here

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    crklizas

crklizas Red Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    Male
    Assassin
    Tunas
    Thanks alot! That's all I needed to know.

I'll check the Discord as well, as you sugested.

5. OP
    OP
    crklizas

crklizas Red Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    Male
    Assassin
    Tunas
    That's really usefull! thanks for sharing.

6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    2:02 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Not to say there is a right or wrong way to do things but here is what I'd suggest if you're just coming back to old school maple for the first time.

-Figure out what you want to do. Are you satisfied with just hitting 4th job, maybe doing a few zakum runs and having that nostalgia rush. Or are you looking to invested hundreds of hours into the game to reach end game, and participate in end game content. (Note that some classes might require a smaller time frame to achieve this)

-If you plan on going well above 4th job into that area of mid to end game content, figure out what your HP goal is. When you know what your HP goal is, you can then calculate a realistic time frame on how much NX/Time you'll need to achieve this goal. If you end up having a minimalist HP goal it might be feasible to main a washing char depending on the amount of time you put in the game. (Slow pace grinding + Voting = :thumbsup: vs Face pace Grinding + Voting = :thumbsdown: could have some issues with unused AP depending on your goal/job choice) Note: that after joining the Legends discord, #questions might be able to help you figure all of this stuff out.

No one immediately picks up on all the intricacies/meta when just starting out. They either had a character that didn't wash or mained a mage where the washing issues aren't comparable to the other classes. I'd suggest you either continue with your dexless assassin without worrying about washing or switch to a mage as you take the time to learn and understand the game more and what requirements you might need for what you want to do. Regardless you're gimped by time anyway as you need vote nx for AP resets (required for washing), which takes time to accumulate.

I'd suggest to immediately start voting on at least 2 accounts where you don't touch the NX. Guide on how to do that here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I would restart if I were you. But it isn't really needed depending on your goals on game. There are some light washed NLs that did all contents in the game, but you must ask yourself about your goals. Like, do you want to be dependent of HB? Do you want to lose some damage while you avoid some bosses skills? Do you want to fight literally all bosses?
    For example: there are some people that want to wash enough to have the HP needed to fight all bosses without needing HB (not always you will find dark knights for your party). There are some people that don't want to fight pink bean, because you will need to be high level and they don't plan to play that much. Or even people that care too much about damage, and if you don't have enough HP you will need to avoid some attacks and lose damage (and depending on boss, you can't even avoid those spells).
    EDIT: actually, maybe the best idea for you is just play until you learn and decide about what you want to do. Even with this dexless char, you can have fun and farm some mesos with gachapons maybe, then you can create another one more comfortably or even continud with this one if it's what you wish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    2:02 PM
    Beginner
    i would like to also add, apart from the voting timeframe u may see in these hp threads, washing is way easier right now with monsters dropping 100/250 nx cards. you're not only limited to 6,000nx daily but with nx drops as well now as well as event AP resets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    crklizas

crklizas Red Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    Male
    Assassin
    Tunas
    Thanks for the detailed explanation! I'll just wash what I can for now and have fun. When I feel it's time to push the limits of the game a little further i'll do a proper wash, with the correct setup.

10. OP
    OP
    crklizas

crklizas Red Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    Male
    Assassin
    Tunas
    Thanks for the tips! Its a relief to know there's NLs doing all contents in the game without a full wash.