1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SKU BEATS THE GAME

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Skuire, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:16 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower

They said he had quit, that he would never return. That his pets dried up, his NX expired, his gear depreciated. The most generous calculations of the legendary data scientist Geospiza gave him only 0.001% odds of survival...

BUT HE HAS RETURNED.

BEGIN_TRANSMISSION()
    ENTRY #0
    ENTRY #1

ENTRY #1.1
    ENTRY #1.2
    ENTRY #1.3

ENTRY #2
    ENTRY #3
    ENTRY #4
    ENTRY #5
    ENTRY #5.5
    ENTRY #6
    ENTRY #7
    ENTRY #8

• Great Work x 16
    • Like x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:16 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Holy shit ... Holy shit
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I CANT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH THIS PLEASES AND EXCITES ME

• Like Like x 1
  5. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    8:16 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    [​IMG]

Akshully, the odds were pretty good that you would eventually level.

[​IMG]

But I'm incredibly excited for the return of sku!

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I love you Sku

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    10:16 PM
    letsgooo

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    11:16 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    WELCOME BACK

YOU'RE JUST IN TIME FOR THE FOOT PEDAL META <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Just in time for the footpedal meta?

People have been using their feet to play for years lol

10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You must have missed Sku's multiquest journal where this was hit set up haha
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    11:16 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    SKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    11:16 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Claim your throne king

• Like Like x 1
  13. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    11:16 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    No this is exactly what im referring to

Just using more appropriate feet input vs actual keyboards :p

14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #0: START LINE]

There's no time to waste. But before getting into anything, let's have a quick review of where we currently stand.

STATUS REPORT
    [​IMG]
    Here is Skucci. I made Skucci in 2019. Shadowers were very cool in 2019. Shadowers are still very cool in 2021, it's just...
    They're bottom 3! OnionF4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And here's Skucci's gear. It's ... OK, but sadly that's the best you can say about it. In the current meta, it's basically mid-range. Add that to his meme status as a Shad, and the conclusion is inevitable: Skucci is currently about as strong as an unfunded NL mashing his sticky Triple Throw key on one monitor while he whacks off to furry giantess hentai on the other. IF that.

So, I'm not going to feel good about hunting any bosses for cards until we can power up a bit more. Here's a rough outline of what I'd like to have before the hunt can begin:
    • A dagger with somewhere from 137-140 att
    • 10+ att cape (admit it, you saw my LUK cape and you cringed)
    • (Optionally) a 16 att glove
    • Most importantly: we need to be at least level 170 so I can max out Smokescreen (and because big numbers make me feel important)
    Get all this stuff, and Skucci MIGHT just be able to beat out that sticky unfunded NL. It's immediately obvious, however, that all that gear is gonna require boatloads of meso, and all that meso is gonna require a titanic grind.

THE BIGGEST, THE BEST, & THE LAST
    I'd like to think I've had some respectable grinds in the past. Maxing out T10 rings on INT-burdened characters, farming several billion meso on the same INT-burdened Chief Bandit to afford the disproportionately nice gear you see above... That sort of thing. Nothing monumental, mind you, but undeniably respectable.

That said, none of those past grinds even come close to what must be done now. This will require all the grind I've ever had in me and more. All of my grit, all of my heart, and... all of my limbs.

A COLOSSAL FEET
    If you ever read my idiotic 'Multiquest' thread from the beginning of this year, you'll remember that I experimented with the excellent gimmick of playing MapleLegends with my feet. If you've never seen the thread, here's a quick rundown:
    • I used my main PC setup plus three laptops, four machines in total.
    • My two hands controlled the main PC and Laptop 1.
    • My two feet "controlled" (held spacebar on) the other two laptops (2 & 3) via two wireless keyboards placed on the floor
    • But wait! How did you play the game on Laptops 2 & 3 with only the spacebar? Don't you need to move and stuff?? Yes, you do. For anything requiring movement, I used the laptops' own bulit-in keyboards (because all the machines were sitting on my desk)
    • For the feet-controlled laptops, I stuck to maps that required the least amount of movement and effort. Mostly one in particular...
    NOO YOU CAN'T JUST SPAM HEAL WITH YOUR FEET AND MAKE MESOS FOR FREE
    Yes I can, and it's called Ghost Ship.
    [​IMG]
    You never need to move, except for one step every 60 seconds. 99% of the time, your pets will pick up all important drops for you. All you need to do is spam one skill, and it's literally free to cast due to Cleric's MP Eater. This, fellow maplers, is what God gave us feet for.

GETTING TO THE POINT
    Sorry about that whole tangent. The point is, in order to outfit Skucci with the hero's array of gear he's going to need, we must again use all four of our limbs. We must again walk down the Mysterious Path and return to our cursed home... Ghost Ship 2 Ghost Ship 5 because good luck finding a GS2 map. Also, just kidding about the walking down Mysterious Path thing -- I only use VIP rocks to travel on my Clerics, tyvm.
    OnionMuha

So, in terms of farming, what main course can we season with a couple of GS feetclerics while still maintaining some level of integrity, unlike those filthy multi-mage trillionaires?

[​IMG]
    I offer you Memory Lane 5, one of the few maps where a Shadower can aspire to* achieve income equal to a naked mage who just unlocked his ult skill.

*Note my wording in "aspire to achieve." Sorry young shads, but chances are you're not gonna be beating that naked FP anyday soon.
    The mobs here, Chief Memory Guardians (which we shads-in-the-know affectionately refer to as "Chief Memes") have some stuff going for them. The main thing is a Helm INT 60% scroll in their drop table, which I think is about 8-9 mil right now. If you're good, you can maybe get one per hour.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OK, so far so good, but anything else? Well, other than the occasional Piece of Time (are those even worth anything now? lol) this map also has many Eyes of Time that you can easily one-shot with your Boomerang Step. We all know that more mobs = more gacha. And lastly, like any good farming map, there's plenty of delicious equipment drops for you to NPC.

Using Skucci as a baseline, a reasonable estimate would put hourly income for Memory Lane 5 at something like... 13 mil, with an MU mule? Probably 15 mil or more if you count gacha. Combine that with two GS feetclerics, which I'd estimate at something like ~2.5m each per hour. Our final calculation: 15 + 2.5(2) = 20 mil per hour.

20m an hour. In the current meta, I'd say that's about as decent as you can get without descending into the dark arts.
    4th job mages...... :shudder:
    OnionCold

WHAT DO WE NEED?

Knowing this, let's run some quick calculations for our wishlist:

• 10 att cape: 1 - 1.5 bil? Market seems rough lately, might be on the more expensive end depending on when we buy one. Anything higher than 10 att will be exponentially more expensive.
    • 16 att glove: Probably around 1 bil, though I'm to understand they don't show up often.
    • 137-140 att dagger - These barely exist because shads are always broke. And if they do, they're probably never being sold. We've got a couple options here:
      • Scroll an obscene amount of 105 att Dragon Kanzirs and/or NT daggers and pray for a +4, then scrape together enough WS to finish it.
      • Fall into the meme trap of Timeless weapons and get in way over my head.
      • Wait until some 200 shad realizes he wasted his time & money, watch him reroll as NL, then buy his dagger on the cheap.
    • So... let's just say, 10b budget for the dagger???
    Grand total: 12b in cold hard mesos. Yeah, uh.. this is gonna be one hell of a grind. Maybe I should skip the dagger and just buy 2,000 apples instead? SlimeSweat

But no. Skucci must fulfill his destiny and become one of the finest Shads to have ever graced this cursed game. This is a grind we must undergo. Now, join me on this grand quest!

OnionMusicLET'S GET THIS BREAD OnionMusic

PHASE 1: BEGIN

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:16 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    There's currently this dagger on the market which, imo, is a reasonable option, and likely to be a good bit cheaper than 137-140 dagger.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Who, where? Not on owl nor any trace of it on discord.

17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Impressive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CoolDavid