1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Glossary Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by gazela, Oct 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. gazela

gazela Mano

Jul 9, 2021
    Male
    3:05 PM
    F/P Mage
    ofline
    In a construction process

All abbreviations have been copied from:
    SharpSide's Guide to Legends Abbreviations!
    My contribution is to pour content into the terms and clarify there use in the game. Especially suitable for beginners.

AFK - Away From Keyboard : It lets people know that you will not be at your keyboard for a while, or that you will not be online for a period of time.

ATM - At the moment : Right now ; At the current time

AW or A/W - Auto Win : When an item is offered for sale to the highest price and the Abbreviation is attached with a specific price, then whoever offers that price, will receive the item for sure

B> - Buying : When you are looking for a specific or general item and also when you are looking to buy a service in the game

BB - Bye Bye : A friendly Goodbye

BF - Boyfriend : A guaranteed relationship :)

BFF - Best friend forever : Characterized by trust, and permanence

BRB - Be Right Back : Used to indicate the speaker will return in a moment, gone for a short while.

BRT - Be Right There : Used mainly when a destination is set and you report that you are on your way

BS - Bullshit : Now, that's not a nice thing to say :(

BTW - By The Way : Used to introduce a new subject to be considered or to give further information

Bc - Because : For the reason that; due to the fact that

BZ - Busy : Please, do not disturb

CO or C/O - Current offer : When an item is offered for sale to the highest price and the abbreviation is attached with a specific price, then this is the highest offer gotten by now

Crit - Critical : Pay attention !!!

Cya - See You (later) : Alligator

DC or D/C - Disconnect : If only we could control it so it doesn't happen

EXP - Experience : The main goal of the game. You must gain as much experience as possible to advance in game levels

EZ - Easy : Little enough ; I've got it ; you've got it

FFS - For Fuck's Sake : These are things you say when you're exasperated and imploring someone to do something, especially treat you better

FTW - For The Win : Being the best ; Being grate, awesome. amazing or spectacular ; Sure to succeed

FYI - For Your Information : Spoken used when you are telling someone that they are wrong about a particular fact

GDI - God Dammit - Someone here is angry :rage:

GF - Girlfriend : A guaranteed relationship :)

GG - Good Game : Often said in bets, mini game and PQ regardless of victory or loss, success or failure, in fact this is just an encouragement call

GJ - Good Job :
    Appreciation for your or others work

Grats / Grz / Gz - Congratulations, usually used when someone goes up a level, gain an achievement or earn a coveted item.

GTG or G2G - Got To Go : As much as I was happy to stay, I have other things to do or attend

HMU - Hit Me Up : Contact me

IDC - I Don’t Care : I have no preference ; This does not bother or upset me

IDGAF - I Don't Give A F*** : ^ Same Same ^

IDK - I Don’t Know : I'm unsure about something ; I don't have a response or suggestion right now

IDR - I Don’t Remember : A classic case of dementia

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly : A classic case in an attempt to prove that there is no dementia

Ik - I Know : I understand that something is the case ; I have the answer or solution

Ikr - I Know Right : Give yourself a pat on the back

IMO - In My Opinion : As I see it ; It seems to me

IRL - In Real Life : Introduction to a question or answer about who we are in real life

J> - Joining : Refers to searching a party to do a quest a PQ or a task.

JK - Just Kidding : Don't take me seriously

JN - Just Now : When exactly

K / KK / OK / MK - Okay : Denoting approval, acceptance, agreement, assent, acknowledgment, or a sign of indifference

L> - Looking For : Refers to a search after a partner, party, guild, item or any other search

L/O - Leave Offer : Refers to leaving quotes for items for sale on FM

LMAO - Laughing My Ass Off : :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL - Laugh Out Loud : ^ Same same ^

NGL - Not Gonna Lie : This is probably a preparation for a complete lie

NP - No Problem : Used to express confirmation of or compliance with a request ; Used to acknowledge an expression of gratitude ; You can count on me

NPC - Non-Playable Character : Any character in a game that is not controlled by a player like shops sellers

OMG - Oh My God : Used to emphasize how surprised, angry, shocked, etc. you are

OP - Overpowered :
    Account or item reinforced above average

OTW - On The Way : Used mainly when a destination is set and you report that you are on your way

PC or P/C - Price Check : Can appear before a transaction of an item or a service, the action is behind the scenes through guides or online

Pls / Plz / Plox - Please : Try not to get into this kind of indulgence

R> - Recruiting for : Refers to recruiting characters for PQ, guild or tasks. The suggestion will usually come from the leader

Rekt - Wrecked : To get owned ; Very badly damaged ; got beaten or embarrassed by someone else

RIP - Rest In Peace : No longer with us

RL - Real life : Introduction to a question or answer about who we are in real life

ROFL - Rolling on floor laughing : :laugh::laugh::laugh:

S> - Selling : When you want to sell a specific or general item and also when you want to sell a service in the game

SS - Screenshot : An image that shows the contents of a computer display, can be taken anytime.

T> - Trading : Most often refers to item replacement or service replacement like Fame, can also include money

Tbh - To Be Honest : Don't trust the things said !

TL;DR - Too long; didn’t read : Do you really expect me to read all this ? Bring me the shortened version

TTYL - Talk to you later :
    A friendly farewell, with hope but no promise that you will indeed speak later

TY / THX / Tnx - Thank you : You're welcome :D

W/e - Whatever : A disparaging reference to what has been said or done

WB - Welcome back : Social greetings when entering the game or returning from AFK mode

WBU - What about you : You got an answer now it's my turn to get an answer

WC or W/C - Wrong chat : I made a mistake in the conversation group, don't pay attention to what's been said, wasn't intended for you

BM - Bow Master : Fourth job advancement of an Archer

Bucc - Buccaneer : Fourth job advancement of a Pirate (Pirate > Brawler > Marauder)

CB - Chief Bandit : Third job advancement of a Thief

DK - Dragon Knight : Third job advancement of a Warrior

Dit - Bandit : Second job advancement of a Thief

DrK - Dark Knight : Fourth job advancement of a Warrior (Swordman > Spearman > Berserker)

F/P - Fire / Poison Arch Mage : Second to fourth job advancement of a Mage

GS - Gunslinger : Second job advancement of a Pirate

I/L - Ice / Lightning Arch Mage : Second to fourth job advancement of a Mage

MM - Marksman : Fourth job advancement of an Archer (Archer > Crossbowman > Sniper)

NL - Night Lord : Fourth job advancement of a Thief (Thief > Assassin > Hermit)

Pally - Paladin : Fourth job advancement of a Warrior (Swordman > Page > White Knight)

Sader - Crusader : Third job advancement of a Warrior (Swordman > Fighter)

Sair - Corsair : Fourth job advancement of a Pirate (Pirate > Gunslinger > Outlaw)

Shad - Shadower : Fourth job advancement of a Thief (Thief > Bandit > Chief Bandit)

Sin - Assassin : Second job advancement of a Thief

WK - White Knight : Third job advancement of a Warrior (Swordman > Page)

AE - Arrow Eruption

B-step - Boomerang Step : Shadower - Attacks monster twice at an incredible speed with a success rate for the monsters to be stunned - Master level 30

Bliz - Blizzard : Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning) - Summons spears of ice from the sky, showering up to 15 monsters at one time with a nasty blizzard. Incurs tremedous ice-based damages to the attacked - Master level 30

BoT - Band of Thieves : Chief Bandit - Summons fellow bandits to attack a few monsters around the area. Can attack up to 6 - Master level 30

Bombing - Bossing or training Using Meso Explosion : Chief Bandit - Explodes the mesos dropped on the ground around you to attack monsters. The mesos from the monsters killed by someone else will not be able to be used for this - Master level 30

DS - Dark Sight : Rogue - Use MP to hide behind the shadows. While hiding, the enemy won't attack, but you can't attack back either. All movements other than attacking are available. It's temporary, so after a while, you'll be back to normal - Master level 20

Echo/EoH - Echo of Hero : Admin - Increase weapon attack and magic attack on all players around. Terms between skills: 2 hours

FA - Fire Arrow : Wizard (Fire/Poison) - Creates a magical fiery arrow that can be used against multiple enemies. Deals extra damage to ice enemies - Master level 30

FA - Final Attack

FD - Fire Demon

FJ - Flash Jump

Gen or Gene - Genesis

HB - Hyper Body

HH - Heavens Hammer

HS - Holy Symbol / Holy Shield

IA - Iron Arrow

IW - Iron Will

L7 - Lucky Seven

ME - Meso explosion

Meteo - Meteor Shower

MG - Magic Guard / Meso Guard

MW - Maple Warrior

Nate - Assassinate

Para - Paralyze

PB - Poison Brace

PG - Power Guard

Ress - Resurrection

SE - Sharp Eyes

SHSH - Shadow Shifter

SHST - Shadow Stars

SI - Speed Infusion

SS - Smokescreen

Stance - Power Stance

TT - Triple Throw

Tele - Teleport

CwK - Crimson wood Keep

FM - Free Market

FoG - Forest of Golem

GS2 - Ghost Ship 2

HHG - Henesys Hunting Ground

Hene - Henesys

KC - Kerning City

KFT - Korean Folk Town

Lith - Lith Harbour

Ludi - Ludibrium

MP3 - Mysterious Path 3

NLC - New Leaf City

OB2/OB4 - Road to Oblivion 2/Road to Oblivion 4

ToT - Temple of Time

Vic - Victoria Island

APQ - Amoria Party Quest

BPQ - Boss Party Quest (an Event Quest)

C - Clear (Used for 2nd stage of LPQ)

GPQ - Guild Party Quest

HTPQ - Horntail Party Quest

JQ - Jump Quest (Also during an Event)

KPQ - Kerning Party Quest

LMPQ - Ludibrium Maze Party Quest

LPQ - Ludibrium Party Quest

Ldr - Leader

OPQ - Orbis Party Quest

PPQ - Pirate Party Quest

PQ - Party Quest

PT - Party

ZPQ - Zakum Party Quest

ACP - All Cure Potions

BCO - Black Crystal Ores

BWG - Blue / Brown Work Gloves

C. Ilbi - Crystal Ilbis

CS - Chaos Scroll 60%

CSS - Clean Slate Scroll

Egg - Nine Spirits Egg

GFA - Gloves for attack (scroll)

GFMA - Gloves for magic attack (scroll)

HS / Stoppers - Heartstoppers

HTP - Horn tail pendant

PAC - Pink Adventurer Cape

PGC - Pink Gaia Cape

PuAC - Purple Adventurer Cape

PuGC - Purple Gaia Cape

PWG - Purple Work Gloves

SS - Snowshoes

WG - Work Gloves

WS - White Scroll

YAC - Yellow Adventurer Cape

YWG - Yellow Work Gloves

Zhelm - Zakum Helmet

DTs - Death Teddies

BF - Bigfoot

BMM - Blue mushmom

Crog - Crimson Balrog

EWs - Elder Wraiths

HH - Headless Horseman

Himes - Dreamy Ghosts

HT - Horntail

MDTs - Master Death Teddies

MM - Mushmom

Nouch - Lilynouch

NS - Nightshadows

Pap - Papulatus

Petris - Petrifighters

Rog - Balrog

STDs - Straw Target Dummies

Skeles - Skelegons / Skelesauruses

Wr - Windraiders

Ws - Wolf Spiders

ZMM - Zombie mushmom

Zak - Zakum

Zrun - Zakum Run

Aggro - To aggravate/catch a monsters attention (and have it focus on you)

AP - Ability Points

BL - Buddy List

Boomed - To have an equip explode from a dark scrolls failure rate.

Buff - Status Boosts

CC - Change channels

CC Pls / CC Plz / CC Plox - Change channels please

CD - Cool down

CFA - Claw for attack

CS - Cash Shop

Debuff - Status impairment like slow, stun (from bosses like Zakum, Papulatus, etc.)

Dispel - Specific debuff that will take away your buffs

Dex - Dexterity

Drop - An equip or item "dropped" from a monster/boss

Egging - Using a Dragon Stone on a HT pendant

EMS - Europe Maplestory

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6 / F7 - Reference to maple emoticons (as seen on the hotkeys)

Fame / Defame - A stat that every player has, only able to be increased/decreased by other players (once per day)

GFX - Known as graphics. It is lowered by players (specifically in boss runs) to fix their sprites, stop DCing from occuring, or just stopping in game lag.

GM - Game Master

GMS - Global Maplestory

Henehoe - A player that primarily hangs out in Henesys

Int - Intelligence

KB - Knockback

KBed - To get knockbacked

KS - Kill Steal

Leech - The action of doing nothing/AFKing while letting a different party member attack and kill other monsters in the map so you can obtain some EXP. Mostly sold by bishops.

Luk - Luck

Lure - Pulling a monster/boss to and from a specific part of the map by taking advantage of the aggro

M. Att / M. Def - Magic Attack / Magic Defense

MSEA - Maplestory South East Asia

Mil - Million (mesos)

NPCing - To sell useless items to a NPC store for extra mesos.

NX - NX cash

Pots - Potions

Ppl2pass - A term used when a player wants to or levels up very fast and "passes" other players on the rankings.

RNG - Random number generator. Used for drop rates, gachapon prizes, exchange quests, etc.

Sed / Sed Mule - A status effect named seduce casted by both HT and Pink Bean. It is often combated with players considered as seduce mules, so as to support more important roles.

Self leech - Having a bishop and leeching your own low leveled character on higher level monsters by using two separate computers for each account.

SMEGA - Super megaphones

SP - Skill Points

Str - Strength

TMA - Total Magic Attack

Track - The command "/find [IGN]" arguably also notorious for being used on PQers inside of a PQ and stealing their channel right as they are exiting.

Wash - HP / Int Washing

W. Att / W. Def - Weapon Attack / Weapon Defense

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:05 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    gazela

gazela Mano

Jul 9, 2021
    Male
    3:05 PM
    F/P Mage
    ofline
    Thank you very much. I searched for this link without success. Now I can refer there from my 'beginner guide' :)
    By the way, maybe you know how I delete unused Thread ?