1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SKU BEATS THE GAME

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Skuire, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:50 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'm not.

I'm very disappointed sku hasn't gotten at least 10 ws in a row.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:50 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #1.2: THE QUEST FOR SUB 1 - DAY 2]

Yo! Back with another four runs.

RUN #5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Average as heck run. Hey, another Fury!

RUN #6
    [​IMG]
    Another average one.

Reward? I GOT A SUBANI ANKH!! OnionMad

[​IMG]
    Just kidding, it was another White Scroll. Scambani? Never heard of him.
    OnionMuha Second. Easiest. WS. Of my life.

RUN #7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poo time. Poor luck and subpar gameplay.

RUN #8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last, an all around solid run. Got some dumb bow for my reward though.

Well, that's all for today. See ya tomorrow. OnionF3

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:50 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    what the fuck

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    6:50 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    sku.exe goes brrr

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:50 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Man I predicted it and I still got sad

7. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #1.3: THE QUEST FOR SUB 1 - DAY 3]

Four more!

RUN #9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good run.

RUN #10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bad run.

RUN #11
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another bad run.

RUN #12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aaand an average one.

THE ART OF QUITTING WHILE AHEAD
    OK, so by some miracle, I managed to get 2 White Scrolls within my first 7 exchanges. You can figure out the exact probability yourself, but all we need to know is I was insanely lucky.

At this point, I would be absolutely remiss not to mark this down as a smashing victory over RNG and retire from badge hunting for the moment. I wanted to give it one more day in case I could somehow pull the WS threepeat, but after snatching an easy 500m, I'm ready to move onto new pastures.
    Not that I won't return to CWK to settle the score in the future... OnionF3

IS SUB 1 POSSIBLE?
    Yes, I'm sure of it. You need good luck and very tight gameplay. Also, having a stronger character could lower my time in several ways:
    • Being able to 100% one-shot Firebrand spirits (45k HP) with Boomerang Step - currently I sometimes miss the K.O. on them
    • Guaranteeing a two-shot on Nightshadows (70k HP) with B-step + Assaulter/Savage Blow
    • Speeding up farming of Crimson Guardians for hearts

WHAT NOW?
    Over 500m in three days. At this rate, we might actually beat the game!

OK, but really. We've got a couple options for farming outside of CWK:
    • Return to MemLane5 until I can get an accurate measure on the actual rate of Helm INT 60%
    • Take a spooky trip to the Desolate Cemetery and try my luck at the wonderful Showa Town raffle - BWGs are 30m?!
    • Hit up the old standard of farming Gold Teeth in Dead Mine, which I find quite fun
    • Spend some time raising up a helper character that could assist in badge farming and make the Sub 1 an absolute joke -- perhaps Skushi could make a comeback?
    Your own input is very welcome. See ya soon. OnionCoffee

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    What do you mean settle the score? You already won and absolutely destroyed the exchange. I'd definitely get out while you're ahead.

Perhaps you could try Brextons for a bit, if you want a change of scenery and want to try your luck again. I made a killing at them when I last tried farming them for SC20 on my shad several months ago but not sure how much they go for anymore. They used to be 35m and then I saw them tank and drop to as low as 20m.

Capture.PNG

10 hours isn't the largest sample size but it's a relatively long period to keep getting lucky. Assuming 20m books, I was making over 23m/hr with a single client. Probably helps if you can 1-shot them most of the time. Granted, it's not a good long-term farming spot as the books take a while to sell and you don't want to end up with a bunch of them.

As for ML5, I'm pretty sure it should be well over 10m/hr, especially for a shad with MU that can 1 hit most of the time. I meant to revisit it eventually to get some better data but then I ended up selling my dagger.
    OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Gurk when did you get to be 500iq. Really interesting bit about Brextons.

By "settle the score" btw I was only referring to my failure to achieve the sub-1hr run. SlimeTongue

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would honestly suggest just grinding shoalin 7F. As shown from mard's journal the meso there isn't terrible, and if you are running your feet clerics at the same time you should be pulling some decent gains.

And after all, you are going to need to get really high level if you expect to earn those pink bean cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    9:50 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Wow those are pretty good gains. To bad the one time tried I got two Energy orb 20 in a row and peaced out for good

12. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Those energy orb jebaits are the best c:
    I got just about as many of them as I did SC20s. Most people seem to find the map aids but it's not too bad once you settle into it and put on a show.

13. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #2: OK I'LL ACTUALLY DO MORE STUFF NOW I SWEAR]

Howdy!

Plan of Attack
    Here's what's up: for the time being, I'm going to be spending 150 minutes daily farming Chief Memes at ML5 (plus feetclerics ofc). I think the most important factor for progression in an extremely long-term game like Maple is consistency. As long as you keep moving, you're eventually going to end up at your goal. It doesn't matter if you've conceived the highest efficiency unbeatable 80m/hr Octomage setup if that means you burn out within a week and don't touch the game for months after. We'll take it slow and steady for now and see what happens.

Pog Shad Leech
    Speaking of slow and steady, I came up with a cute little plan to raise up one of my other characters: Skushi, a level 97 White Knight.
    [​IMG]
    While he's not exactly necessary for me to achieve my goals, it would be nice to have another character to work on, and with this plan he'll basically be getting levels for free.

The plan is simple. First, raise Skushi to level 101 so he can reach ML5 in the ToT questline. After that, he can sit in a party with Skucci, one of my Priests, my MU NL, and himself. This way he'll be slowly but surely gaining something like 2-3m exp/hr which should eventually get him to 4th job. The Priest will gain some decent levels too.

Feetcleric Check-in
    I realize I've been rather silent about the progress my feetclerics Yetiette and YetiMD have been making at GS2 all this time. Here you go, hope you're impressed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll note that YetiMD had some spare cash (at least 3m?) before I started, so that's why she's so far ahead in raw mesos.

Oh, and I should probably show you Skucci's current gacha count too:
    [​IMG]
    I've found it best to hoard at least several hundred tickets before a run, as sorting so many gacha items can be quite the timesink. What do you think we should go for this time? A thousand tickets? Two thousand?! SlimeShocked

The Sku Stash
    Here's what I've currently got in storage.
    [​IMG]
    Modest, I know, but plenty of room to grow. Of course, I've got piles and piles of unsold crap that could probably give us another 1-2b in value... We should get started on that soon. SlimeSweat

I'll be farming. See ya!
    OnionMusic

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #3: SKU PULLS A SKU]

Some important news! But first... a little highlight reel. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A rock solid gacha run, netting us a total of THREE White Scrolls? Not bad at all.
    OnionMuha

The News?
    Alright, I've got something important to "announce", but let me preface it as such:
    I know I've been flip-flopping on a lot of my plans lately. My apologies. It's simply the product of me getting reacquainted with MapleLegends over the time I've spent farming lately. I probably should have kept quiet instead of spouting off nonsense about 140 att daggers and whatnot. Anyhow, I promise I've mulled it all over and this is the final flipflop you'll see from me.

The News
    Now, this might sound a little wild considering how the thread started, but here's my new plan for this quest:

I'm going to be creating one final character who will inherit all the gear, meso, and NX I've accumulated to this point. I will only be levelling this character through PQs, bosses, questing, and card hunting. There will be no farming or grinding, though I'm so used to running feetclerics at this point that I'll likely be keeping them up to generate passive income. why not??

Closing the Loop
    One last time, I want to experience everything this dumb mushroom game has to offer from start to finish. Since I'll be using all my gear and meso, there won't be any prolonged periods of farming, grinding, or burnout. Just progress, action, and simple wholesome fun.

Skucci Gang?
    Skucci is my favorite character out of all my time in MapleLegends. He's my highest level, my strongest, my best looking, and definitely my richest. He has done well. Time to give the guy a rest.

[​IMG]
    Yea, no, just kidding. From now on, he's going to be my FM accountant. SlimeLaugh

SO.
    One last brand new character, fully funded, roided out of his mind on smurf gear and overpowered buff potions. It's gonna be a romp.
    [​IMG]
    Now let's beat the game, and have as much fun as possible doing it.
    OnionCoffee

• Like Like x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  15. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1