1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SKU BEATS THE GAME

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Skuire, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    11:12 AM
    You could never
    Also step up your game I’m winning uwu

2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:12 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #4: SKU GAME+]

MapleLegends is, was, and always has been the best maple server. But you don't need to be a doomer to acknowledge that the game is in a bad state right now, gameplay and economy-wise. And unless something changes drastically, it's only going to get worse from here. Instead of trying to struggle my way to the top of the clown ladder, I'd rather retire to casual play and have some simple fun while it lasts.

So from now on, this journal will be detailing my casual escapades on the slow and steady journey to completion. I expect there will be plenty of card hunting, bossing for levels, and since I'm still running feetclerics, big gacha runs.

[​IMG]
    Seriously, an NL? How could you?!
    • Yes, I'm a sellout and a hypebeast. Always has been.
    • Assassins are one of the few classes that have a very fun early to midgame. From level 10 to 70 they get to jump around pretending to be Naruto. Then in 3rd job, they get access to Flash Jump, which they get to spam in FM while doing nothing in order to solidify their superiority complex over other classes.
    • And sure, I'll admit it: they've never been bad at bossing and never will be. Too big to nerf.
    In conclusion: by farming billions of mesos and accruing millions of vote NX, we've finally earned the privilege to play this elusive class solo from start to finish. What a game!

Some dumb gear I made
    [​IMG]
    Have you ever SEEN a Meba so nasty? I scrolled this myself, and yes, I used a Claw 30% on it. Who needs a Maple Claw anyway??
    OnionMuha

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My Meba requires some dex, but I want to have my luk earring, robe, and cape equipped at all times because they are literally my only source of luk right now. My solution was this idiotic dex-scrolled bandana. If you're gonna smurf, do it right!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    And you already know I'm rocking my 14att Nightz™ BWG and 8dex rat mouth.

[​IMG]
    Did some classic quests, ran a few KPQs, and boom: 2nd job. LPQ, here we come!

[​IMG]
    Damage has been surprisingly decent with Cider despite my LUK being close to the bare minimum. For reference, I was consistently 2-shotting KPQ crocs.

Content???
    Tutorial is done! I'll be going into more and more detail the further we get into the game, starting around level 35. Look forward to some movies as well. See ya soon-ish! SlimeWink

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Probably a wise decision and will hopefully bring you more joy!

I mean... Imagine playing a Shad atm... right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    3:12 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I appreciate the effort put into this screenshot, I imagine this required dropping down from some height.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG] Sku.exe is elaborating, please keep safety distance [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Idk if ur joking geo but i literally just pressed the jump button xd

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    [​IMG]

Nice work as always then, read too much into details. You do usually have high quality content in your posts fwiw.

8. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    >casual play
    >night lord

What's wrong with this picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Nothing to see

> casual play
    > Sku

Theres something wrong in this picture
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [ENTRY #5: THE HELLPQ SAGA]

~ A HUMBLE ANALYSIS OF LUDI PQ ~

LPQ. Ludibrium Party Quest. A classic. You've got toy rats, blocky octopi on lego mechs, invisible monsters in the dark, a boss with visible nipples, and some weird plotline about dimensions that you and I never picked up on because we just spam click through the NPCs. That's not to mention the boxes... There are plenty of boxes.

[​IMG]

You probably hate it, and if you don't, then you must by trying very hard to love it. It's bad. Really bad. But how bad is it? Let's find out.

For your benefit, I sat down for eleven hours the other day and did 25 STRIAGHT RUNS of this wonderful PQ in one sitting. What I found out... will not shock you.

First, let's take a look at the numbers. LPQ likes to give you """rewards""" at the end which are almost always pure shite. Heck, you're about 30 times more likely to get something better out of the Bonus stage where you smack boxes for an occasional equipment drop than you are to get anything decent from the tragedy that is the LPQ reward table. Reason being, there's literally only one prize of notable value. It is known as the savior of every destitute LPQer: the elusive Overall Armor for INT 60% scroll.

With this in mind, let's check out the data:

[​IMG]

So your average LPQ lasts about 18.5 minutes and yields a whopping ~300k in rewards. Wow!
    And, by the way, you'll also gain about 76,000 exp over the course of the run. That sounds like it could be a lot, but trust me.... well, you don't need to trust me, just keep reading.

Anyways, that's not the whole story. Far from it. Think about Kerning PQ for a second. Literally all you need to run KPQ is three players of any class and you're in, no questions asked.
    For LPQ, it's more complicated. Much more: you're gonna need an Assassin or Bandit for Dark Sight (or HP warrior I guess??), any Magician for Teleport, and !!five whole people!! who are willing to sacrifice all their sanity and efficiency for the privilege of playing the game with a party instead of grinding alone. Wow!

Five people, preferably six so your LPQ doesn't take forever to complete. All that recruiting, leaving, and sitting around waiting for people to show up takes time. A lot of time. Indeed, my data suggests that, in my 11 hour LPQ seesion, 29% of my time was spent sitting in the lobby and/or repotting. With this in mind, I present you the finalized data sheet:

[​IMG]
    Just wow. The average hour spent LPQing is going to net you a stunning 688,000 mesos and 176,000 exp. I'll let that speak for itself.

OK, so LPQ sucks. What's new? Let's look at our other options then. Maybe you levelled up to 35 at Genins and don't know where else to go, so once you find out how disappointing LPQ really is, you go back. How are you doing then?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I spent 20 minutes farming Genins to bring you these stats. And boy, are the numbers telling.
    First of all, this is a map you can visit easily anytime. We don't need to wait for five special individuals in order to even begin grinding -- no, we just walk in and start killing dudes.
    So not only do Genins, a level 25 mob, provide more than DOUBLE the hourly exp of Ludi PQ, but the random crap that they drop threatens to outstrip the pennies you'll get from LPQing.
    And what if you count Gachaphon Tickets as income, which you should do if you're being honest with yourself? For the sake of argument, let's say you get an average of three Common tickets per hour (the real figure will likely be higher). Let's estimate those tickets at an average value of 500k a piece. With the addition of that gacha income, your hourly total becomes:

2,085,000 mesos per hour.

There you have it. A level 25 map with mobs that drop mostly trash manages to yield double the experience and triple the money of an extra-cumbersome party quest intended for players level 35-50.
    This isn't even to mention the sorry fact that, if there's an event going on where special ETC items are dropping from all monsters, you are going to receive precisely none of its benefits while PQing. Wow!

But do you want to know the truth? Do you want to know the real tragedy behind LPQ?
    Warning: this knowledge might destroy something deep within you.
    Click below to find out:
    I went through my KPQ footage and recorded data on all my runs.

[​IMG]
    This isn't a joke. It's 100% real.
    KPQ, based on my data, yields twice the income of LPQ and nearly the same amount of experience. A Party Quest that is intended for levels 21-30 outstrips the one intended for players 14+ levels higher.

Let's imagine, for a moment, a hypothetical MapleLegends where Kerning PQ has no level limit and LPQ doesn't even exist. You just stay in Kerning and keep PQing until level 50 or whatever.
    The tragic conclusion is, that in this hypothetical Legends, you wouldn't be missing anything.

That's right. LPQ. Is. Worthless.

"B-b-b-b-but my Broken Glasses...!" stammers the LPQer, desperately clinging to his false reality.
    OK, first of all, 1 stat means absolutely jack squat at level 45. Second, if you're that desperate for the dumb glasses, do me a favor and:
    1. Go farm at a random map for literally 5% of the time you'd sink into LPQ for obtaining the glasses.
    2. Roll your gacha tickets and sell whatever crap you picked up.
    3. Refer to the following chart to find out how to spend your new mesos:
      1. Are you a Thief/Bowman/Pirate? Owl the market for some piss-cheap 1-2 dex Raccoon Mask or slotless Spectrum Goggles. [​IMG] [​IMG]
      2. No? Oh, you're a Warrior? Then owl the market for some piss-cheap failed White Raccoon Mask with 7-10 accuracy on it. [​IMG]
      3. Oh, no no, sorry, you're a Mage. Of course you are. Owl the market for a horrible and abused 1 int 0 slot Raccoon Mask. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Boom, problem solved: you've got your 1 stat eye accessory and you didn't need to sacrifice 90% of your time, sanity, and dignity to obtain it! Congratulations buddy.
    Oh, and by the way... if you're one of those mad lads trying to get the glasses so you can drop a Chaos Scroll on them... then you've got much bigger problems. Don't come crying to me.

But do you want to know the best part about this whole saga?
    No, you don't, but here it is anyway:
    (hint: it isn't the friends we made along the way)
    in 25 runs i rolled 0 alishar cards lol xdddddddddddd

~THE END~

[​IMG]

!! COMING SOON !!
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 24
    • Like Like x 5
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:12 AM
    iPippy
    Now add to the mix the fact that you can just buy an alishar card at any time for 5m+200 necklaces from Extra C (or just 10m outright), and put the final nail in the coffin for LPQ.

(But also genins are much more op than they have any right to be)

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Sku at first I was very disappointed in you for quitting your shadower but this PQ post was so brilliant I forgive you 5 times over!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Very enlightening.
    I'm assuming it could be even higher considering he's getting that all while he has 38 base LUK, unless he's already one-shotting. All this time I thought PQing was at least good for int-ridden characters that can't grind efficiently but nope, it can't even get a small win there. We really do need a PQ (and questing) revamp for alternative ways to play and enjoy the game that don't fall so far behind conventional grinding in both exp and mesos.

14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Funny thing is I'm one shotting them, easily. SlimeXD

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    From the cutting room floor, here's the Teddies analysis:
    [​IMG]
    At my current strength I was narrowly missing the one shot. If I had a bit more power, the EPH and meso would be significantly better - probably more than Genins.

But yea Genins are bonkers for their level and EXP ratio, considering I could have gone there at level 25 and gotten nearly the same EPH as at 43 easily.

• Like Like x 2
  16. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:12 AM
    iPippy
    The entirety of ariant map rework is meaningless in the face of genins. Even LPQ itself is a nostalgia noob trap, but it at least gives a decent collection of sins/mages in ludi to talk into the better duo teddy w/ hs instead. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:12 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    This PQ post is nice, everyone should read it. There are a lot of ppl that think it's worth cuz of glasses, but like you said...
    However I hated ur pessimistic view about ML f5

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Just wait until the next patch and I'll probably be building a Kimmy shrine.

• Like Like x 2
  19. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    10:12 AM
  20. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Well, with a solid team EPQ is 600k EPH with 10 min runs iirc, though that of course ignores downtime trying to find a party. I'm also pretty sure EPQ is negative mesos...

Not sure what other classes usually get grinding around those levels but I recall getting almost 2m EPH on my IL at GS2 at 4x. At least EPQ earrings are pretty nice, I guess.