1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pink bean and it's current state

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mathijs2000, Dec 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    6:01 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Honestly, about time people stop using the fact that someone could "invest" in a 2nd, 3rd or 4th PC to multi-client and that makes it pay2win. Disabling/banning same PC multi-client is fine, banning people for multi-client in bosses using different PCs is like McDonald's banning you from their premises for eating 2 bigmacs instead of 1. From both a player/customer and GM/corporation POV, it doesn't make sense.
    Normalize single client bossing gameplay such that when staff balances something, players have to play according to the rule book instead of going about finding loopholes which will end up with them getting penalized.
    Before anyone shits on this post, no I don't play legends on multiple PCs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:01 PM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    It might not change much but I think it may be about time to give the right bird the same treatment as the left bird and give it a global aggro range so it actually uses skills it was designed to use. Along with it being harder to clear, there would be less 'griefing' where one player can potentially cause the whole expedition to fail, now they fail together.
    The negatives of this would be that the fight now becomes somewhat linear now that the whole map is a danger zone instead of only the right bird's aggro zone.

At the very least it would make the Terms more consistent.
    2.11 Boss Freeze Abuse - Any form of abuse that intentionally causes monsters in boss maps to stop using abilities or attacking is forbidden. This includes, but not limited to: positioning a character in a certain area of the map or using the death of a character to purposefully cause the boss or other surrounding mobs to freeze and/or no longer seek to attack an active player. Examples would include: Elder Wraiths in Big Foot maps being frozen; Nibergen not attacking (damage being done by clouds only); or Alishar not using any magic attacks. 1st Offense: 7 day ban; 2nd Offense: Account Ban

Potentially even letting PB use all it's skills without any facing direction restrictions may be something to look at. Although it also comes with negatives;
    -the less 'interactive' fights (Buccs controlling(maybe)).
    -linear fight of pinning to one side and attacking
    -might not change anything to control super KB

I imagine this would not affect the already established squads that much as they adapt but for the new/less established squads that could clear just barely, this may cause them to fail straight out.
    :sleep:

3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Disclaimer first, I don't PB, so not too sure on how much ppl mule it. I know bish mule exist, but does ppl mule hb/se/tl also?
    Also, how would disabling multi client in PB/HT help the situation, or what you are trying to address?
    So now actual people have to play them, but doesn't it mean now some ppl will have to run 2 seperate PB runs a week instead of 1.

4. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    10:01 AM
    Just make seduce without direction restriction and increase its range to have a higher chance hitting people further away than the ones right beside bean?
    Need more seduce during bean stage especially to the range attackers for more fun :roflmao:
    Oh, and might as well give that attack like 100000 accuracy so no avoid/shifter bullshit, only actual moving can dodge it.. kek

Edit: Controlling bean to face right still have the benefit from not getting stunned by genesis, so that people can still move around to dodge the musical note.

5. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    7:01 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    buccaneer friends I think your class is top tier and your control tools makes PB an useless punchbag, your class holds the weight of everyone that posts in the PB DPM flex thread and no one gives you credit, it's just the state of normal. Attackers DPM are only as good as their buccaneers control allows them and it becomes like a buff that helps classes reach their potential, ironically just like MM gets told 'you need SI to do good damage' other classes that pride themselves in being self-sufficient also need buccaneer to do good damage.

it requires skill and its awesome that buccaneer can finally shine compared to the HT dexbucc era, but my concern is that perhaps the control is way too good (even if buggy) since it reduces PB to a useless boss that can't roam free or use its deadly kit if it wanted. My personal opinion is that the control is ok while PB isn't on DR but it becomes overpowered while it's on DR, so I was wondering if PB damage reflect did 30K damage in GMS? If it did then the balance implications of having a 15K DR in legends is that PB can be pinned during DR which doesn't allow the boss to be as challenging as expected

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:01 AM
    iPippy
    Truthfully I don't think 30k dr would really make things all that different from the buccaneer perspective, and would only have minimal dpm repercussions outside of dr. Personally I'd just shift from using barrage on the bean during dr for aggro control purposes to just sitting on top of it during dr to not get stunned/sedded. I see MM as the biggest loser in such an arrangement, as they cannot likely do the same unless really well washed to tank touch. Most every other class just afks on the left side and waits for dr to come off anyways. Aggro is jank so I can't be certain that it'd reaggro as quickly after the dr ends, but when dr ends tends to be one of the better times to quickly reapply a kb-aggro effect and get back to it.

Honestly, even if bean lost all forms of kb/aggro control, I still think bucc would not be hit as hard as any non-thief classes, unless they all just body tanked bean the entire fight, draining pots and masking animations. Not NL tier of good, of course, but the ability to dodge many attacks goes a long way to prevent deaths and improve dpm efficiency. It'd make the fight easier from our perspective as well in not having to play tank and focus on dodging/damage ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:01 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    1: Snipe 100k damage on Bean to stop MM agro abuse
    2: Increase Bean accuracy to 1000. It hurts all ranged but it really hurts NL, and makes 0 difference for warriors
    3: No multiclient in PB. It's fine in HT, but in PB mules just sit in a consequence free corner until they are needed. Probably easier to check a hundred people in PB every week than the hundreds who run HT every week.
    4: Internal resurrect cooldown. With just 3 Bishops and 3 Buccaneers you have a total of 39 res in the 90 minutes of PB. That's on the low end of what generally gets brought too. The only thing lost on death is the time it takes to revive you, so adding a 9-15 minute timer where you're between res would actually punish people for dying multiple times. 9 minutes if AFK services are to remain in tact, longer if dying should really be punished

#PippyForPresident

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    Reduce onyx apples' w.att on range classes MapleF3

#melee4life

9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:01 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yeah, people mule hb/se. I've never seen muling TL because usually they have buccs enough.
    Humm... I think it can help because NLs are the best job for PB (overall) if we are talking about damage, right? So why having archers/drks/bishops if you can just make them mules? Same works for HT, in my opinion. Of course, you will find godly archers/sairs/warriors/etc but if you compare each other using same gears and "player skills", NLs will end up doing more damage.

10. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    9:01 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    What if the Triple Throw skill's 150% damage multiplier was reduced? Seems like the simplest way to nerf NL without affecting other ranged classes, and still leaves them some identity with their avoid/being the easiest to play in bosses

11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:01 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Does it really hurt NL though... Relatively speaking, they'll still have 30% shifter proc, while all other classes (besides shad and 1h warriors) would just get hit non stop, and that would still make them the defacto best DPSing class at PB I believe.

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    NL/Shad would go from like 80% effective dodge -> 30%, other classes would go from like 20-40% effective dodge to 0%. So it does hurt NL/Shad more than others in terms of % avoid reduction.

13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:01 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Overall they would no doubt be hurt, but when everyone else is getting non stop hit (this time literally) and you're able to still afford 30% dodge, it would still keep NLs as the best attackers to bring than any other class, and thereby just continue the NL + NL support composition.

I might've been interpreting where this thread was going incorrectly, but that's what I thought the recent suggestions have been trying to dissuade, with the floated ideas of: mini bean changes, guaranteed attacks, and different DR damage per class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We have to accept that nightlord will be the optimal attacker, this games mechanics simply force that to be the case.

The current state of pink bean is actually quite good compared to what others will tell you, and I don't think any change is required (besides my wish of reverting ariel stun range).

16. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    just make it two beans at once

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mellona

Mellona Mano

Apr 7, 2021
    Mellone
    Beginner
    Possible debate limit the amount of classes per run ie; max 5 bishops 5nls 5dks
    Not 5 thief’s but 5nls, so you can still bring shads with your nls
    Yes there will still be smaller and elite squads but this lowers your total dpm and pushes for bigger and more diverse parties still

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    1 hour

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    1 hour

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    There was this one morning where I woke up, and decided to watch and enjoy me some nice pink bean content. An A+ master tier NL was streaming and was asked questions like... "Why are you using holy water instead of ACPs?" The NL proceeded to respond with a simple "watch and learn." I was ready to learn a lot as you could tell this dude was ready to smoke the statues with his big apple damage. Turns out.. he didn't have anything binded to his autopot! He's in trouble now........

jk he just afk'd and slowly equipped power elixirs and set autopot to 90%.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2