1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HT DPM45 Flex Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oradious, Mar 31, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:24 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Currently, optimal damage is entirely dependent on cancel rotation.
    My guess is optimal party comp for MM would be:
    • Marksman
    • Buccaneer
    • Corsair/NL
    • Corsair/NL
    • Corsair/NL
    • Bishop
    As corsair and NL don't have to worry about DPM loss on the left side, they would all start on left with the Marksman. This would be contingent on left having alternating cancels. If right side had alternating cancels, your entire party would go right, and Marksman could solo cleave during right head cancel.

At the end of the day, someone has to take dpm loss if your party is going to attempt to take down HT as fast as possible, since technically the fastest way would be to split your attackers on both sides the entire run.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If everyone starts on the left, then the left head dies so the MM has to deal with the right side problems at some point. I think it would be best here for the MM and buccaneer to start left, and the sair / NL to start right. When they need rebuffs, they could flashjump / recoil shot over quickly to get se/si.

NL and sair can attack from either side w.o much issue.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    In this case, the dpm lost by all three NL/Sair crossing over would be greater than the Marksman crossing over and buffing. My guess is ideal situation is for Marksman to just rebuff during one of the off cancel rotations.

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Was curious what MM dpm would be on left side but with having to walk over to right side to rebuff party every time.

MW30, Echo, SI, Cider:
    dpm1.PNG

Seems to be roughly the same as dpm on right side with no cleaving.

And here's another dpm for right side with some RA/MH/wing cleaving:

MW30, Echo, SI, ~30 minutes of HT buff + Cider:
    dpm2.PNG

Arguably, being on right side and cleaving when RH is cancelled was more productive given that we have no cleavers so damage to wings isn't entirely insignificant, but I guess that just depends on how much more one values head damage.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    2:24 PM
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    [​IMG]
    mw30, echo, se, ht buff+ciders im baby june

edit:
    [​IMG]
    woops

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    9:24 PM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    dpm40 - Copy.png

Been almost a year since I went to HT.
    Not as optimized as before but pretty happy with this DPM out-of-retirement.
    Had HT buff + mw20 + echo the whole time.
    Also pepegaHP :kekw:

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  7. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    MW20, SI, 30 minutes of Echo, 20 minutes of HT Buff + Cider:
    htdpm45.PNG

Decided to roleplay as a shad for fun and went hard on cleaving on right side, piercing even when both RH and MH were open and only strafing when MH was cancelled and RH was open. MM unironically a cleaver?

Could have been a bit higher if our echo user didn't DC and we didn't lose over 5 minutes of HT buff due to delay at start of body. Almost 150k higher than last posted dpm where I had MW30 and 10 minutes more of both HT buff and echo.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:24 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I am just posting this as an idea from a hero friend who can't write english well, and asking what you all HT veteran thinks.

He suggested it mght be possible for hero to solo leg and tail from the body, while the ranges start on the head directly.
    With attack pot, he is able to solo leg/tail under 10mins. He thinks this might optimise the run speed and not be a liability being cleave attacking arms and stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:24 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    This was my best DPM 45 in HT with cider only and echo:

upload_2021-11-6_2-8-40.png

Second run our bishop dc'ed so wasn't good DPM.
    My best so far with some minutes of HT buff and some minutes of echo:

upload_2021-11-6_2-10-27.png

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    9:24 AM
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Thought I'd add another MM dpm for comparison.
    DPM 40 with SI, HT buff + ciders
    [​IMG]
    Haven't been cleaving at all- just snipe+strafe on heads and occasionally wings. Might try the cleaving strat next time.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. jefa

jefa Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    Male
    10:24 PM
    jafa
    Magician
    upload_2021-11-9_15-39-19.png

finally i hit 7m dpm 40

at lv 17x, i hit like 6.7x and 6.9x,

but today at 178, i finally hit 7m dpm

7.08 dpm 40 with echo/mw20/ht buff+cider/

i will post my dpm later when i hit 8m dpm

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:24 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Came up in a discussion earlier today but it seems like DPM45 isn't the most useful assessment of single target class performance for comparative purposes anymore considering how much faster some squads are than others now and how several classes stand to gain a lot more from much faster runs. It's also hard to make sense of any numbers using HT buff as "HT buff + cider" can mean anywhere between 20 minutes of HT buff and 35 minutes of HT buff, with stronger squads of course enjoying a significantly longer HT buff duration, which greatly impacts dpm.

If we actually care for some gold standard metric for evaluating player/class performance and aren't just trying to post the biggest raw numbers (otherwise you might as well donate apples to your fellow party members to inflate your dpm), perhaps the "DPM45" needs to be shortened after all as previously suggested, or perhaps it could be like a DPM20 or DPM25 starting from heads. It would largely remove from the equation the highly variable HT buff durations while primarily limiting the DPM test window to when heads are up (I don't think people place that much importance on how much DPM a class can output to wings/arms when the battle is practically over already).

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    MapleLegends 16-11-2021 20-29-31.jpg
    PA right side/ gizer/ echo/ mw 20/ dpm 45
    only strafe + snipe when mid head was canceled/ right open or both heads closed

we for sure need better metrics for ht as gurk said. We need a formula that consider pre heads and measure body better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    1:24 PM
    Efficiency calculation from full damage equip free fire dpm is the way to go..
    A player skill is shown in its efficiency and not just the big pp gear.. :ninja:

16. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    9:24 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    dpm 40 small og.png

Echo, HT Buff, Mw30.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  17. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    y_is_the_sed_mule_attacking.png
    Echo, MW20, ~20 minutes of HT buff

I'm not sure why I bothered to be honest but I had been curious what shad "single target" damage in HT was like without being sed target and so I took my shad out of the box for the first time in several months and dusted him off.

Ditched the usual bstep cleaving routine and just made use of nate and nate-bstep. Could have been a bit higher as our sed mule died at one point, which resulted in me getting sed at least 3 times before TL came up and sed mule was brought back online. Also didn't have SE for the overwhelming majority of the fight, which would have marginally boosted the damage from the bsteps.

0/10 would not recommend. Back in the box he goes (read: relegated back to sed mule duty).

18. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I wonder what damage would u pull wearing perf dagger and using attack potions worth the equivalent to pickpocket gains and low potion cost from high dodge rate without any arrow/star cost. People seem to be underestimating shads.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    That actually already was with a perf kanzir :)

Also, the amount of money a shad saves via low pot costs relative to my MM + pickpocket gains across two runs wouldn't even be enough to cover one apple. Anyhow, pickpocket wouldn't even apply here for this single target demonstration as you wouldn't be trying to cleave.

#MakePPWorkWithNate

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    2:24 PM
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    [​IMG]