1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi client issues while bossing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MELO, Nov 25, 2021.

1. MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    11:07 PM
    MELO
    I have seen a lot of powerful extreme players. For example, solo cwkpq and solo targa+scar both and many other bosses. I also learned from them and then planned to try to challenge duo or solo ht. I asked about these. People have many problems. The reason why they do what most players can’t do is not because of how good their weapons are or how good their jobs are. They use Skillmacro and swap client. What surprised me more is that While playing pb or ht, you can also use the wizard to bomb ulu1 or ulu2.dman it. It turns out that playing pb and ht is no longer a boss that needs attention and teamwork. We only need to practice a good NL +Skillmacro and swap client can easily get more mesos and exp.

After we played so sever. We know that Maplelegends is a sever that will improve balance and fix bugs. I hope that attack skills cannot be used in Skillmacro to maintain a better balance. I know that there will be many powerful players who use this move. Disagree. But for Maplelegends to become better and more balanced. I think GMs have deleted the attack skills in the skillmacro. This is a must for most ordinary players and sever to have a better balance.

Majority of the bossing multi client issues are due to people marco-ing 3 same attack skills together. They are able to multi client too efficiency without suffering dpm loss. A solution could be removing the ability to slap 3 same skills together, while still keeping different skils on marco.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    8:07 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Making triple throw unmacroable would be a pretty funny NL nerf

3. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    It's not just nl. I hope that all jobs will change the same.
    After all, this will not affect the normal player's experience of playing the game, but it can effectively limit the extreme operation players.

4. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    10:07 PM
    means buccs can't barrel cancel again

feelsbuccman

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    How is the game any more balanced with removal of attack macros? Are bossers making so much money that they're eclipsing all other methods of gameplay? Will more PB runs fail if someone casts 2 less attacks while they're using their TL or bishop mule for 15 seconds twice in a run? Are the few seconds it takes to manage a sed mule every now and then going to increase the challenge in HT, since you can only use 1 attack? Are these valuable seconds enough justification for uprooting an entire system that a large part of the playerbase enjoys without 'abusing'?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:07 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I can see where OP is coming from with their thoughts, staff also removed mage ultimates from macros when it got used by a few people at 5-6F because it allowed them to control two or even more mages with relative ease ( a big factor to this was also how Shaolin had more room for error + the ability to freeze). So why should other people be allowed to control two cleave chars and an afk hurricane bm at CWKPQ? I don't think OP is so much hinting at being able to use a TL or other buff mule without losing attacks on a NL but at the ability to control multiple chars at certain boss situations and attack with all of those.

I personally don't think this is something that hurts the game too much at all that it warrants a change and will probably make a lot of situations more tedious than that it does good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    My real purpose is to prevent game bots and interested people from using this to hang up and go to the solo boss. I didn't expect it would attract the opposition of pog nl players.

8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The point is that the most powerful implementation of mules in bosses has never been to use multiple attackers at once, though it's been done by a few individuals, but by the ability to cheese many of the mechanics of bosses without any real drawbacks. A sedower for HT is becoming one of the more popular mules to bossing, and losing out on a couple attacks doesn't change how inherently strong they are for just ignoring a significant mechanic of HT. For Pink Bean I don't think anyone is willing to use multiple attackers in the first place, as it's better to simply run twice in a week with 2 characters than it is to run once with 2 attackers, so instead you offer additional services like TL and res.

In the past the main draw of Heaven's Hammer mules for Horntail is that they only needed a few buttons pressed every 10 seconds to significantly increase overall damage. Minimalism in a mule's use tends to be one of the main attractions in sweaty gameplay.

Overall it'd be a change that harms your average player more than multiclienters. Animation canceling wouldn't work for Buccaneers and Corsairs would be a start, but it would also continue to increase the divide between people who multiclient and people who simply have 2 computers to use. It just isn't a good suggestion for dealing with the problems in the game while also taking away a mechanic for casual players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    4:07 PM
  10. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    12:07 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    (just noticed alyosha said the same before me but gonna leave this here to reinforce it). The macro change would only benefit people who can afford more computers as they gonna still be able to duo or triple attack using multiple pcs + keyboards/pedals.

11. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Things just were not the same after the Dash macro removal...