1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make System Options default to not change viewing mode when neither box is checked

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HarleyEllis, Nov 26, 2021.

1. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    3:16 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Currently, on a client instance that hasn't had either of its viewing mode check boxes selected, after entering System Options and pressing ok, it will change to whichever viewing mode box was last checked on the local system's last closed client instance before the one in question, despite neither being visibly selected. I propose that in these circumstances, no change occurs so that the player need neither remember the last viewing mode selection made nor select one each time that one isn't to prevent unintended viewing mode changes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    The reason why I believe this happens is that the original v0.62 is not meant to open in Window mode; its done with a client mod. Therefore, the game still thinks the game is *technically* in full screen when it's not, thus it returns to that when you click okay on the system settings. Not sure if this can be changed, we'll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've looked further into this and here are some workarounds

- It seems alt + enter does not save any kind of settings to registry: Try go to system settings, manually click windowed, and click ok. After that, close the client and restart it. It should now still show the "neutral" setting, but it should no longer punch you to full screen when clicking ok.

I've documented all the behaviours, but not sure if we have any time right now to look into this. It's also bugged in v0.83 still, so this is yet another thing that Neckson broke/didn't code correctly and just left it be.

Also, it seems Neckson completely broke the checkbox for Windowed. If you click Windowed, go back to system settings, it shows nothing at all. Doing this on full screen and it works fine.

Just more client bugs...

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    3:16 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Would ripping out the checkbox's ability to write to the registry make saving System Options stop changing the state when no selection is visible, or would that just make it always default to fullscreening rather than the last saved checkbox?

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No option visible = Windowed. That's a client bug I just described above. It's just not visible because its... bugged. It's also bugged like that in v83 it seems.

• Like Like x 1