1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Oct 16, 2021.

What is the worst class?

1. Hero

33.3%
  2. DK

8.1%
  3. Paladin

17.2%
  4. Shadower

12.4%
  5. I/L

4.8%
  6. F/P

5.1%
  7. Bishop

3.2%
  8. Corsair

3.8%
  9. Bucc

2.4%
  10. BM

2.4%
  11. MM

3.0%
  12. NL

4.3%
  1. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    1:19 AM
    Random DK thought:

Why not just buff DK base damage and reduce DK zerk damage?
    Basically instead of:
    Zerk 30: When HP falls to 55% and below, Damage increases by 100%
    Make it:
    Zerk 30: Damage increases by 50%. When HP falls to 55% and below, Damage increases by 50%

That way total damage increase from zerk is still 100%. Tier ranking of DK at bosses where they CAN zerk does not change at all. Tier ranking of DK at bosses where they cannot zerk that good gets a bit better, but still is worse than Pally/Hero, but thats offset by better party utility than Hero. So Heros/Pallies dont have to complain, overall nothing changes except DK arent a joke at endgame bosses when they cannot zerk.

2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:04 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Gonna have to disagree :( because we need to raise the ceiling for drks not the floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:19 AM
    LOL, u sure Drks cant zerk at PB?

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    4:19 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    As much as I favor the idea of boosting DKs (because they actually require playing the game), there is a conundrum that we run into in trying to do so, which is that the ceilings for all warriors are basically set by each other. If DK ceiling is raised, then so too must hero's because what would be the point of playing a hero if DK did the same damage while also bringing HB utility to the table? And if hero's ceiling is raised, then so too must paladin's because what would be the point of playing a paladin if hero did the same single target damage (other than being pigeonholed entirely to NT) while also doing much more cleave damage? And even if the ceiling for all warriors was raised and the gap between range and cleave lessened (probably a desirable move unless cleaving is ever made relevant in bossing), though warriors as a whole would be better off the relative position of DKs in the meta would be unchanged.

One could ask that DK ceiling be raised but still rest beneath hero's but the fact of the matter is that hero's ceiling is already only marginally above DK's (~within 5%, give or take) so not only would such an ask would be almost entirely insignificant but it would also make playing hero even more moot than it already is, if that were possible. The real issue is of course that there is simply not enough to distinguish hero and DK from each other; they excel and flop in pretty much the same content. If, for example, hero's enrage skill was made a party buff, then there might be a justification for at least matching hero's damage, if not exceeding it. Perhaps other lateral changes could be made as well to better distinguish the two, like making DK's stance 100% and having its Achilles be better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    the real buff. stance 40?

6. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:19 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Chemistry

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
  8. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    9:19 AM
    Dragon Knight
    Why not buff Enrage? It's completely not worth the skill point investment right now because it doesn't stack. Also makes the class have something to look forward to post lvl 150-155 range after maxing Brandish, ACA and Stance.

It's +26 at max right now with an uptime of 4 minutes on 6 minute cooldown, bring that up a few points +30 to +35 range.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Your question is answered here

10. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    8:19 PM
    Beginner
    it's time to make a Bucc... :whistling:

11. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    as a person who voted for bucc & plays bucc, if you really wanna play bucc do understand that this poll is only accurate if you're planning to leech/skip 1st, 2nd, 3rd and suffer for 2/3rds of 4th job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:19 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    This is confirmed to be changed with the upcoming patch. Horntail (and other cancel rotations) will behave in a more natural way and NOT alternate indefinitely.

Note: This IS an official staff response~

I looked for ages to find a post that I can reply as there was no bug report or suggestion thread about this recently and this was the most relevant message I could find to announce this.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    buff hero plz

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    8:19 PM
    Beginner
    Well.. i kinda agreed with you. I already have a marauder lvl 102, a bit washed, have 8k base hp rn, hes retired rn because i dont have enough money to fund him, so im playing on my archmage to properly fund him. And i must say, brawler and marauder was by far the most fun class i played since i started on legends. Him and F/P mage.

15. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:19 AM
    Interestingly end game heroes are decent to a degree in low man pb squads and theoretically should be able to parse 10m+ on statues and 3.5m on body.

It’s just all the end game heroes out there are clowns and don’t know how to play their class properly to parse 10m+ statues.

16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:19 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I am genuinely curious how you had in mind that they should be able to get 10m+ on statues when your best statue DPM is 11,7m on a paladin. Aren't paladins a fair bit stronger at single target?

I don't know the ins and outs of PB but 10m+ seems very solid when I see most DK/Hero post something like 6.5m statue

17. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:19 AM
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...me-warrior-bossing-dpm-of-current-meta.39224/

upload_2021-11-30_13-19-26.png

11.7/1.056=11m

DK's aside because to play it properly in statue you need corsair level of mechanics, no end game hero with a perf wep should be dealing sub 9-10.

18. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    7:19 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    On a DK 7m+ is definitely possible if you're jumping to get iframes for stuns. Doing it on DK is still definitely harder than hero/pally though. One problem is that crusher is a good bit slower than blast/brandish so it's hard to consistently react and another problem is that if you heal before jumping and then get a miss then you have to jump again to get back to zerking.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    7:19 PM
    iPippy
    Another significant factor in the numbers is how individual squads approach the statues, and how they balance left/right splits. I believe there are still some squads which have range kill Solomon first before heading right, leaving the others to dry and deal with lower efficiency with drs while they literally afk kill rex/right bird in 4.

Endgame/well controlled Hero is definitely capable of respectable numbers, but the risk:reward ratio just isn't there when you can pack another afk nl, which also helps in the left/right split.

20. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    4:19 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Would this fix by any chance also cover bosses using skills off CD immediately in general, e.g. nib spamming its short cancel skill?