1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NT mobs Reversion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eighty, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    11:42 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Hello!
    A while back, mobs were buffed so that their drop rates for crafting materials were higher along with the mobs inflicting statuses less frequently or lower probability of success of those skills (I forget which).

I don't have any numbers but just based on intuition alone, I know that those changes have been reverted. I am failing NTPQ and use many more ACPs now both in and out of NTPQ.

I hope this reversion is unintentional and gets fixed? If it is intentional, why was this not announced? Or am I completely imagining things regarding the reversion?

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:57 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    There was no reversion :confused:

All changes to drop rate get announced. A number of people have complained about "ninja nerfs" and that we "nerfed HT drop rates"... But the truth is, all of our changes (since I've been a part of staff which is 2+ years) have been announced. Those on the balance team + staff, try our very best to be transparent, and never ninja nerf/buff things. We foremost care about the community, and therefore seek to be as open as possible with things.

SOMETIMES, however, a change to another aspect of the game, might unintentionally and indirectly affect something else. If you recall there was roughly a day when spawns were a bit wonky in Shaolin maps, and that was caused by something entirely unrelated to Shaolin as a whole. Or implementing a fix to something, unintentionally reverts a previous fix we put out for another issue. These CAN happen, but are quite rare.

I haven't heard any others complaining about drop rate issue for NPTQs, but maybe this post can help us verify if there was an unintended reversion~

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:57 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is this still true today? Asking for a friend. :yay:

4. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yup still true today unless stuff happened while I was asleep and not paying attention

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'll do some more testing but from the past 15 hours of data collection there seems to be a stark contrast in certain drops since September.

6. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Do you mean specifically in NT?

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    No, I mean generally speaking for all drop rates.
    Coincidentally, after bringing it up, my last 3 hours of data seem to have swung back to past normals.
    Moral of the story: complaining brings you good luck. :V

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    1:57 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    When I first started farming eruwaters, it took me about 10 combined nano plants/stones before my first 60% scroll drop. Sometime after, I saw no plants/stones and got three 60%s in a row. By this time I've only encountered like two super snowboards. Fast forward to the summer "PSB" event, I got four super snowboards in two weeks.

Point is, for low percentage drops (as in NT), the variance is extremely high.