1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Quick client tabbing for Windows

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Holp, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    8:16 AM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    This will be about tabbing in and out of your clients efficiently (to rebuff and whatnot) utilizing the Win + 1~0 hotkeys. This lets us switch to the selected tab instantly.

Depending on which resolution you want your mule clients, you might want to copy/paste the whole maple folder so you can change the resolutions just for mules.

I know most people alt+tab or just click in and out of clients but I find this method to be alot faster. Especially for alot of clients.

First you wanna copy the client executables to the number of mules you have. Name em whatever you want.
    [​IMG]
    The reason we do this is to avoid it thinking we are running the same client.

[​IMG]

Or else upon pressing the hotkey it will cycle through the same windows which we do not want. (The 2 conjoined clients in the picture above)

Now since we are using the number keys to tab through clients, you will want to remove any hotkeys assigned to those numbers,
    eg. Client 3, remove hotkey from '3', etc.
    But personally my mules have noone to talk to so I remove em all as a whole.

[​IMG]

We use the ` key to buff because a lot of the Win + keys have shortcuts bound to em so I found this to be the most convenient.

Let's say we have 1 main client and 3 mules. We would,
    Hold Win + Press 4 ` 3 ` 2 ` 1
    The 1 would be to go back to our main client.

Result- 1 main 4 mules

Thank you and goodbye. :sleep:

• Great Work x 16
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. ColdFeet

ColdFeet Red Snail

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    5:16 AM
    White Knight
    Avengers
    Can you make a video about settting clients. I cant tabbing client via '' Win + numbers''. :(

3. OP
    OP
    Holp

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    There are times where the Win key might get 'jammed' and wont let you tab sometimes. Not sure why it happens but I find that changing maps, CCing, or both sometimes helps. (Try on more than one client if it didn't help on the first one.)

4. Omoker

Omoker Slime Retired Staff

Nov 28, 2020
    Male
    6:16 AM
    Omoker
    Hero
    DISGOST

5. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    Is it possible to change that Win key to something else like ALT or CTRL?

6. OP
    OP
    Holp

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    Don't think so.
    A google search would probably be more helpful :sleep:

7. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    It's possible I tried it with my SteelSeries keyboard and it is allowed to be used.

• Friendly Friendly x 1