1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Circle of Trust" Quest

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Caenyss, Dec 1, 2020.

1. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    3:33 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Is the 2nd quest properly available from Moony in Amoria? (I don't see the quest on my shads list but I'm not close to Amoria to check) The quest from the couple if quest-helper is open, only asks for the rings, Moony should have a circle of trust 2 quest available to be able to farm the fragments, since the fragments are quest drops, they won't drop without the proper quest active. (source BBB.HS, see my previous post within thread)

2. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    8:33 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    I am not prompted to start the second quest which is to collect the fragments. I tried forfeiting the quest and restarting it, and it still is the same as before. Moony only gives me 2 options: to make an engagement ring and to have an annulment.

3. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:33 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Hi again.

I tried it again but nothing so far.

I never realized it was supposed to start a second quest with Moony as per the two replies above and here: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/search_finder/circle of trust

This is my current quest, with no other available. While the description talks about the 20 Ring Fragments that drop from Tweeters, the Quest Helper only mentions the end-product "Repaired Rings".

upload_2021-11-29_20-11-20.png

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Okay, I see the problems. Basically, the ring drop is untradable and not a quest item, so it won't drop with the quest activated. On top of that, the initial quest does not require the rings itself, which again makes them not drop. We will clean up those quests from Neckson's mess, but that changes this from fixed live to fixed next patch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Sounds like a Neckson mess indeed. Thanks for the update.

6. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    6:33 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    +1 on this one, still bugged as of Dec 2021 patch OnionF4

7. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    8:33 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Would love to bump this thread for the upcoming patch (if it was forgotten)

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ah yeah this is fixed with the patch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Hi,
    I can confirm that this quest is now working.

Couple of things though:

1st - Fragments seem to drop very frequently, and I don't think that's intended. See:
    from https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/general-patch-notes-march-20-2022.44969/

2nd - Quest helper should log the fragments while hunting for them instead of the final product:

upload_2022-3-20_22-55-16.png

They do show up after you start Moony's quest:

upload_2022-3-20_22-56-53.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    The droprate will probably be tweaked if needed, yes; as for the quest helper, the issue is that, despite mentioning the 20 fragments, "Circle of Trust 1" actually asks for the completed ring, while it's Moony's "Circle of Trust 2" that offers to make the ring in exchange for 20 fragments.

If part 1 were to display the 20 fragments, as soon as Moony trades them for a completed ring the first quest would be incomplete, as it would lack the now-required 20 fragments.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    I don't know if this is intentional, but the fragments now also drop even without the quest active. Neither me nor my friend had the quest active and the ring frags dropped very easily.

upload_2022-4-14_18-5-50.png