1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Subani's Ankh to help solve WS issue/potential CWK exchange buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by raysinz5, Dec 1, 2021.

1. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    7:07 AM
    I/L Mage
    Proposal/Introduction:
    As we all know right now, Subani's Ankh is literally useless. Every CWK exchanger dreads getting one. I am suggesting that in exchange for 100 Subani Anhk's (also make them stackable), one would receive a shielding ward (added in a later version).

[​IMG]
    This scroll essentially protects your equipment from being destroyed one time. You drag the scroll to your desired equipment, and it will disappear after you use a scroll, whether or not it passes or fails. This video shows how it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMG5ETtnys8

Lore related:
    The description of Subani's Ankh reads as follows, "One of Subani's Ankhs. Said to have protective powers and ward off darkness." This makes perfect sense because it has protective powers and it wards off darkness, which is the booming effect of dark scrolls.

How it translates to the game:
    If you haven't figured by now, the most optimal use of this scroll would be ws30ing your equipment rather than ws10. At first glance, this is pretty busted. At the current market price, on average you use 10 white scrolls to enhance 1 slot, which this would make it around 3 white scrolls to enhance 1 slot, without the risk of booming.

Assuming current market price of 250m per white scroll, you save 2.5b - 750m = 1.75b mesos by using this method. This is why I propose that 100 anhk's are used to exchange for one of those shielding scrolls. This puts the value of 1 ankh to be 1.75b/100 = 17.5m or 7/100th the value of a white scroll, which is a nice bonus for exchangers.

This helps significantly reduce the amount of white scrolls used to complete a slot and also reduces the frustration of relying on 10% to complete a slot, especially with the constant rising prices. I don't think this is that broken because 100 anhks is a lot of to farm/buy. Currently, there are probably only a couple hundred anhks at most in the server. I hope this would hit 2 birds with 1 stone by increasing CWK exchange profits and reducing the need to use that many white scrolls if you choose to go the WS30 route.

If you have any objections/concerns I am curious to hear them.

• Creative Creative x 21
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    5:07 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    100 scambanis would take such an absolutely insane amount of badge runs that you'd already be a giga-billionaire by the time you were able to realize their EV. If they were made tradeable then it's... theoretically much better, but that's still an insane amount.
    they are untradeable currently...right?

Edit: They're apparently tradeable, disregard.

I don't see this ever happening, but I'll admit it's much better than the galaxy-brain idea of crafting the dumb lore item into safety charms that you can already buy for free in the CS (let's be real, if you're farming badges then you're definitely not a class who needs to save much nx for washing - unless you're a copesair i guess??????).

3. OP
    OP
    raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    I thought they were tradeable though? I was able to put one in my storage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    appoint OP as creative director of ML

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    6:07 AM
    I do feel the need to point out that this is not quite right, since on average you will use about 3 WS and 3 shield scrolls per slot (1/.3 = 3.33). Then the cost saving per shield scroll is actually (2.5b - 750m)/3, which comes out to a value of 500m per shield scroll. So you've overestimated the value of one ankh by nearly 3x.

(If anything, though, this might make the idea seem less "broken" to staff)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Yea, I think I may have trolled here. In that case, we can always adjust the numbers such as 30-40 ankhs per shielding scroll. So that you actually end up with 90-120(~100) total ankhs per successful slot instead of 300 ankhs. In the end, the number of anhks for a shielding scroll can be adjusted accordingly though. I personally think an estimated 15-20m per anhk is a nice boon to exchangers.

7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:07 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    shield scrolls break the game because using clean slate 20% + shield scroll is too OP