1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make PQs better

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fael, Dec 3, 2021.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:45 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I recently created a new character and I decided to grind only doing PQs. I basically did all levels possible (until 65) at PQs, and I realized it's worse than I tought, and this is not something new. I don't have any data, I didn't imagine needing to create this post so I didn't record anything such as time spent, mesos and exp earned. But actually, SkuireSkuire already did this for KPQ, LPQ and EPQ, so check SKU BEATS THE GAME | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory if you don't think the same.

I remember this was already on Kimmy's plans for 2021, but the year is almost gone and the changes on PQs were definitely not enough. PQs are still really trash, it's a waste of time to do probably the most nostalgic content for maplers, much worse than any map you want to grind, as people usually say.

That said, what I want to suggest is:
    1. Add some dark scrolls into PQ bonus, specially the gacha locked ones;
    2. Make a PQ bonus map with a different layout for every single PQ (EPQ doesn't have it, for example). The layout I'd suggest is something like this:
      upload_2021-12-3_17-8-17.png
      Sorry for bad painting skills, but let me explain: you would spawn in the middle, and there would be 6 rooms that you would need a LONG walk until the boxes. This would prevent mule abuse on PQs. You can do any layout, just make it muling impossible and let the boxes drop in a linear map (similar to CWKPQ bonus), so you can get all drops, instead of being like this:
      upload_2021-12-3_17-0-25.png
    3. Increase level range from some PQs like KPQ (until level 35), so you can grind only at PQs if you want. It can also be added to other PQs if needed, but I didn't have experience enough to say.

Why this would be positive?
    1. PQs being buffed means it's more good content to do in this game, depending only on the way you want to enjoy the game. Make them viable and people would look for it;
    2. Attractive to new players, considering great part of our community plays for the nostalgia;
    3. Helps to deflate some gacha locked scrolls that are consistently merch'ed.
    I don't know how it can be negative, you please tell me. And I also know the staff has other priorities and must be busy a lot to invest time creating new maps and working on setting scrolls drop rates for all those bonus stages. One thing I think that can be made is set something really low, and start buffing on demand.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:45 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I like the bonus stage idea alot, plus adding the gach only scrolls to some PQ's could help to make them more popular.

Take my agree.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:45 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    The bonus stage would need more modification to prevent muling. As long as getting to the bonus stage required one consecutive order of movements (holding any of the arrow keys) I could do it on at least 3 chars with my 3 devices.
    Hence, make it inconsistent and unpredictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  5. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Thats true, I didn't think about multiple pcs in this case. Do you think a simple jump quest to reach the boxes would add?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    9:45 AM
    I dunno about others but I've tried using two computers for cwk bonus stage and it was a huge pain. I don't actually think it's worth worrying too much about muling but I could be wrong.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    7:45 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I think this is probably the better way to buff PQs than straight EXP. I think if we tried too hard to make EPM competitive with optimal grind and quest PQ levels would pass by too quickly (Not saying a moderate buff isn’t warranted though). Also, many PQs are meso negative because of their terrible rewards.

I’d also like it if some alternative 100% scrolls were added as well like helmet dex 100% which doesn’t exist in the game right now. early game players would have some scrolling options without having to dedicate tens of millions of mesos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    Make event items also drop during PQ's. During the summer event all the PQ's were emptier than usual because you could only get them by grinding mobs. It could also alleviate congested maps during grinding events.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2021-12-7_21-31-12.png

• Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    up to match with GurkGurk post!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    9:45 AM
    Poignant
    Dragon Knight, Bishop, Sniper, Hermit, Marauder
    WeeniesHutJr
    Bumping for visibility. New bonus stage is a great idea. Perhaps a decent chance of dark scrolls can be looted to LPQ bonus stage, similar to APQ bonus, in addition in adding chances of a dark scroll reward in addition to exp at the of PPQ and MPQ for higher levels.

12. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It could be cool to open up PQs to high level players, and reward lv.150 versions of the PQ gear. The equips are really interesting CS targets which makes the PQ worth grinding even for late game players, and since they're untradeable it won't be abused by mules.

To keep it balanced and nostalgic, your character transforms into a generic PQ-leveled avatar of your class once you enter

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Masamune

Masamune Red Snail

Nov 21, 2022
    Male
    BRAZIL
    Masamune
    Shadower
    SURRAAAAAAAA
    lindo da tia