1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A GOOD Meso Sink (not clickbait)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hiyo, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:05 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    * Another suggestion that will bite the dust Sadge

Victoria Island’s Economic Crisis

Economic growth stagnated and all of Victoria Island’s projects halted due to a shortage of meso. Chief Stan decided to launch the Victoria Island Progress Initiative (VIPI) to reform and push Victoria Island to become better than ever. It is our time to shine as maplers to help the towns of Victoria to continue to flourish. Donate your mesos to keep their projects such as map buffs and mob rebalancing running so that one day they may be a reality! However, your mesos will not be gone unawarded, you will be awarded with a gorgeous flower crown from that specific town for you to look lovely in (if you want to show it off!) as well boost your stats!

[​IMG]
    In order from left to right, Henesys, Perion, Nautilus, Lith Harbor, Kerning, Ellinia

Here’s how it works:

Donate your Mesos to Delilah! Delilah has been appointed by Chief Stan to take in your donations and keep them safe, as well as help with managing the VIPI!

[​IMG]
    Delilah

After hitting the milestone of 250 Million Mesos, you will be awarded the flower crown of your class’ main town. (Warrior gets a Perion Flower Crown, etc) Crowns will only last for 3 month before expiring. If you wish to get another flower crown, you will have to donate until you achieve the donation milestone again!

*Note: Once Milestone is achieved, you are locked out from donating, items are also non-transferrable

**Note: Player’s can choose between [Hat] or [Ring] Flower Crowns giving players the option to show-off their lovely crowns or get the stat boost and keep it hidden.

The Flower Crowns

Lith Harbor’s Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Beginner Only][Cash]

+10 STR

+8 DEX

+12 Accuracy

+12 Speed

+8 Jump

+150 HP

Perion’s Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Warrior Only][Cash]

+10 STR

+8 DEX

+12 Accuracy

+250 W.Def

+1000 HP

+150 MP

Ellinia’s Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Magician Only][Cash]

+10 INT

+8 LUK

+5 M.ATT

+250 M.Def

+150 HP

+1000 MP

Henesys’ Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Bowman Only][Cash]

+10 DEX

+8 STR

+12 Avoid

+100 W.def

+400 HP

+250 MP

Kerning’s Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Thief Only][Cash]

+10 LUK

+8 DEX

+12 Avoid

+12 Accuracy

+400 HP

+250 MP

Nautilus’ Flower Crown

[​IMG]

[Pirate Only][Cash]

+10 STR

+10 DEX

+12 Avoid

+12 Accuracy

+500 HP

+250 MP

Conclusion

The VIPI is here to provide cosmetic benefits to Mapler’s who donate their hard earned meso with a handsome reward. Here’s to a better Victoria Island!

• Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:05 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's somewhat sad but also very compelling that I could absolutely see flex-value (in the sense of "harhar my nx is more expensive than urs") being sufficient motivation to have people sinking millions into this.

3. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    11:05 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Not sure how I feel about the suggestion, but I have one criticism at least. The beginner one would need to be a significantly cheaper, most permabeginners I know aren’t running mage setups to fund themselves and they could get much more from just investing that kind of money into gear. Also, there is no way for a beginner to actually turn that investment of mesos into much value. They would still be hitting the mobs at Taipei 101 more or less the same, maybe epm would increase by like 3% at most lol. It gives very little defensive stats so no new bossing avenues would be opened, either.

If it did get added in its current state, I imagine Redz would buy a single one just to flex cider dpm at level 120 or something and the beginner one would never be touched again. If it wants to see any use at all, it would have to be closer to 30-50m I think.

• Like Like x 4
  4. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    2:05 PM
    Bowmaster
    It is certainly a creative idea which I like in theory. My fear is that much like the others have stated aside from the “look at me factor” I do not perceive many chasing after it. If the items provided some form of web/magic attack it might attract more min-maxers to go after it, though I fear it would just lead to further issues. I like the spirit of your idea. My selfishness would prefer that items like ap resets be available through an in game shop that you sunk mesos into.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    That's actually a fair point and I agree with you, didn't think about it considering theyre class locked anyways.

W.ATT stat is usually perceived as OP, maybe if they did have WA and more stats along with it the cost can be higher to upkeep? Then again this is something you should consider if you don't have much more room to upgrade stuff and you're fine with dropping what is 20-25hrs worth of ulu2 every 3 months into bonus stats. I fear ap resets through would open up the door for far more degenerate things monkaS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    Concept looks great, specifics are iffy.

Some suggestions if you're serious about wanting this to cost as much as 250mil per quarter:
    • Why do warriors get the most HP? They already have the most hp in the game. I believe hp/mp stat should be consistent amongst all the crowns.
    • Be careful of the ap stats for each class, you don't want to cannibalize a market like dex & int scrolls/equips because otherwise the budget is just being shifted from one thing to another so you're not really sinking any mesos... just reallocating it.
    • Focus on luxury stats like HP, MP, w & m def., avoid, accuracy, secondary stats to affect the current market as little* as possible would be better.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    7:05 PM
    Pirate getting 10 stats each sounds pog :love:
    20 hours of ulu2 for a pog item where I don't need to worry about secondary stats.. hmmmm

Warrior definitely don't need 1k HP, having 1k def would be more beneficial for them :p

8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    As a warrior all I want is speed everything else is mediocre and makes 0 difference.

plz Ring of Passion expired and I don't even want to play the game anymore as I'm too slow

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:05 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela

this is nice idea to economy and to save some washs, probabily need some changes, but a really great idea!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Pet equips are a fairly easy way to max out your speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Stats were given to jobs tailored specifically to them, I think things like the monsterbook ring is super broken on some classes (mages) and mediocre on others (warriors). Each class got like around 20 HP washes. I do agree on focusing on luxury stats, I think the primary and secondary stats suggested are a bit too much for the cost. Maybe more washes + avoid/acc/def stats and less primary/secondary, but then the overall appeal might be gone for some players who may not need those stats.

12. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    POG!!!

Will there be one for Amherst!?

It'd be really cool if there can be donation Meso Sinks for Islanders too!

m3.png

For reference, it's possible to sell all drops from equip/use/etc items to get up to 7m mesos by the time Islanders reach level 49.

Soo... for Islanders, the crown could look like this to be a good enough an incentive:

Amherst’s Flower Crown
    [​IMG]

[Islander/Beginner Only][Cash]
    *Donation price of 10-15m total for the reward by around level 60 to 70 range.

+20 Speed

+15 Jump

(since islanders only get 1 pet)
    (Also... not all events have Speed/Jump equips, even then are difficult to get)

Comparable Event Equip:

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01003102
    m4.png

FYI: +10 speed and +5 jump is very very low for Islanders, as it may not max out speed and jump, even after all the other rare equips.

- would still need Vote Cash Weathers/Myo Myo potions to max out.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/islander-mini-meta-guide.38385/

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    Bowmaster
    HiyoHiyo in the spirit of your idea, what are your thoughts on a system that allowed you to raffle mesos for chairs located in each of the major cities? In a sense similar to gachapon were you trade In a certain amount of mesos for a random chair that matches the theme of the area,so like henesys having a mushroom. With rarity being a factor in each area.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    This seems pretty good!

It'd be really cool to use 100m for common roll (like a common gacha ticket), and 200m for a rare roll (like a rare gacha ticket) from a Chair Pool (gacha pool).

Since this can be used like a Meso Sink, the pricing of course can be changed to be more or less than 100m or 200m. Whether is to give more access to new players, or more for end-game players.

15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I am going to look absolutely stunning

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5