1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Optimal Path to End-Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ovv, Dec 20, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:29 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you are new to MapleLegends and had any questions regarding where to start or how to play this game properly, this is pretty much a one-stop shop and the only guide you will need to reach end-game.

Goal: To have an end-game attacker with an end-game weapon ASAP.
    1. Create 6 characters, each on a different account so that you can immediately start voting on all 6 each day.
    2. For your first character, make a cleric/priest/bishop. This will be the first character you level up so that you can get the leech cycle going. Save up all your mesos, don't gear up anything since you won't need it on any of your characters and it'll just delay reaching your goal to end-game.
    3. Once your bishop gets Genesis, self leech 5 characters - 4 mages and 1 INT assassin.
    4. Make sure to advance at 3rd job so that you can make use of your INT assassin as a sweeper, meso up, and NX looting mule. This will expedite your NX gains on your main attacker.
    5. Once all 6 of your characters reach ~lvl 125, you can start pentamage farm while you leech your Night Lord/Sweeper Mule/Meso Up mule/NX mule/future attacker.
    6. Repeat process until your Night Lord is lvl 160+ with enough HP to boss and have farmed enough mesos to get at least a 74 attack craven (600m~).
    7. Horntail and pentamage farm leech until 180+, then pentamage farm leech + pb until you have a perfect claw completed.

Added tips:
    • Hoard white scrolls until you can buy a finished end-game weapon directly.
    • Leave your mage ultimate skills at lvl 1 and get maple warrior 10 instead. This will help you save on pots and you should still be able to kill most mobs with 1 hit. Invest in Gen20 on your bishop (less than 6m each) once you start farming.

Nothing else is required. You can probably skip tier10 ring in favor of 100 hours of pentamage farming. Participate in events if the rates are good, but most likely you will be able to partially farm the events through pentamage farming anyways.

A couple of reasons why this strategy works:
    • White scrolls are attainable through participating in the market (meso) and by gachaponing. Quad/Pentamage farming is the optimal strategy for both gaining mesos and gachapon (in addition to exp).
    • Night lords are highly efficient in every aspect of this strategy - best end-game attackers, meso up mules, high avoid for sweeping, flash jump for efficient map travel.
    • You expedite your washing stage by sweeping NX on your main attacker. 1.2k NX/hour per channel is my recorded average.
    • Your main attacker gains levels passively by leeching, farming, and hoarding white scrolls ad infinitum until end-game.
    I posted this in discussion to receive community feedback on any steps I might have missed or if there are ways to better improve upon this strategy.

• Friendly Friendly x 15
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    oooo please disclose how to do Penta-mage farming.... since there's only a guide for quad-mage farming atm

also use foot-pedal for assassn to sweep? whats the HP goal for washing it to be able to tank when it sweeps?

3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:29 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    the guide we all have been waiting for!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    6:29 AM
    Dragon Knight
    Ngl this kind of guide makes me not want to play

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    4:29 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    I think that was intentional

• Like Like x 2
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:29 PM
    iPippy
    "This is the ideal mage body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like."

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    10:29 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Truly the ultimate mageleechstory guide

Is this really what the majority of people think is playing the game properly? I feel like it's only a minority of people doing this to themselves... At least I hope so?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Where's the part where I sit at anego for 12 hours and bully anyone who talks to me there? It's an integral part of gameplay

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    You forgot one thing! Once you've become jaded enough playing like this and lost all love of the game to the point of quitting, don't forget to just shitpost in Discord #general and spam inside jokes all day instead!

OnionListen

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think this could be further improved by forgoing the INT assassin alltogether and just leeching 5 mages, then you can hexamage. As far as bossing goes, you can just hp wash your bishop and archmages and you should be covered for most content.

The dpm 30 is typo'd statue, but was done on body.
    upload_2021-12-20_15-32-19.png

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Does a MU-less hexamage set up outclass a pentamage set up with MU? I guess with the current sweeper changes, going MU-less and adding additional mages might be the move. Speed/jump equip could be a viable strat.

As for end-game bossing, if mages really are capable of outclassing other 'attacker' classes, there is no point in even mage farming, and EXP truly is king.

12. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    I recently started levelling an archer with 4 base INT forever using mesos from selling a fame everyday to fund potions/arrows/gear upgrades.

When I think of the optimal path of playing as a function of enjoyment to time this feels like a more optimal path to play.

Ultimately pentamage + attacker + 6 votes a day + mesoup mule and co. is too disillusioning and unlike the disillusioning activity of working minimum wage at a burger king, pentamage + attacker does not pay you 11 an hour

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your argument is flawed if your goals are the same.

You will spend more time in the game by trying to farm to end-game by selling fame each day, thus you will lose out on opportunity cost - that is time that could be spent working at a burger king for $11 an hour after you have completed your goals using the pentamage farming strategy. Assuming you can sell fame once a day for 500k and end-game gear costs ~8-10 billion mesos, your strategy would take 16-20,000 days. The pentamage farming strat can get you to end game in less than a year.

14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Bossing archmages are a meme

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think 6x mage without mu will be better than 5x mage with mu because you will have logistical issues if you decide to cast MU on all the mages. It is tough to buff 5 characters in different spots with 1 char, and if mu makes the monster drop meso bags, you won't be able to loot w/ a sweeper so you will need to mage sweep anyways.

Also mages don't outclass NLs, but are surprisingly decent in some things like neo tokyo and pink bean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    Not at all because

Pentamage is the opposite of this. I wouldn't play call of duty with the intention to get to lvl 200 with a perfect attacker claw as soon as I can, why would I play maplelegends with this intention either? I play both to have a good time. One has some good time the other is a second job that makes me want to gas myself

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yes, except this is my thread and I set the conditions in the original post with the goal:
    Your post does nothing to achieve the aforementioned goal. If you want to make a separate thread about The Optimal Path to Playing as a Function of Enjoyment to Time, be my guest.

I'd have to agree here and may have to revisit my original post eventually.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    Ok so fair enough to that goal. Except this is the first thing you say in this post:

Which makes this thread both a little disingenuous and disenchanting as a post targeted towards new players. Because the goal you outline is not remotely the goal for 'how to play this game properly' for the majority of people. Most people play for fun. Telling people to stringently pentamage is the opposite of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What new players?

Edit: I also like how you conveniently left out the rest of my quote.

20. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    Dragon Knight
    Okay, so at this point I'm not sure if I'm just too dumb to see that this is a meta joke thread or what

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1