1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

We need a white scroll merchant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farys77, Dec 16, 2021.

1. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:30 PM
    people holding assets for speculative purposes are risk takers. you are saying govts should minimise their losses when they come out with new laws and legislations?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Maplemaple

Maplemaple Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    7:30 AM
    Priest
    Well first of all its completely voluntary to hoard anything right? Just saying. Nobody not even the game says to hold ws instead of lump sum of meso. Who decides the price then if theyre not sold by the npc? Youre holding onto something flexible that has no set price. Its subject to fluctuate which could technically be worth 1 meso no? How is it fair to talk about fairness for holders but not buyers? Is it fair for players now to spend triple as opposed to when they were cheaper? So its ok to keep inflating then? Like i said this is an issue and youre tryna talk about fairness at the same time. Idk where you got envy from nobodys envious of anyone. It just simply means they played longer or invested that much more time on the game, even lucky. Might as well go do something productive with your life if you got the time to envy.

Then lets make it fair. You dont want em to lose its current value right? Like i said then pay up all the differences first lmao whatever the price they were bought at, match it to 250m. If you bought em out at 120m, youre 130 in debt for each youre hoarding. Bought em at 150m? Then cough up 100 and so on. The merchant can keep it fixed at 250. Not just ws but cs too. Bought em out at 60m? 90m? Boi you aboutta pay 2.5x-quad that shit now to match it. Then thatd really make those items luxury and at the same time fair for players both old and new. It makes it MORE optional to have em too. You can get by plenty enough without perf items and high ass att gears anyway. Too easy good for me lmao might as well not deal with stupid rng.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    12:30 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Unpopular opinion: People feel White Scrolls are something they're entitled to. You're not. It's an incredibly rare item for a reason. Maplestory was never a balanced game and never will be. Playing Maplestory essentially means you agree to playing an unbalanced game. I understand the reasoning behind this post but it goes against Maplestory philosophy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:30 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I’m not completely in favor of a npc that sells WS. However, i believe the unavailability of godly items to buy is one of the reasons people get demotivated with the game. A lot of players i know are holding billions to buy ws when price is a bit better or waiting items that seldom appear on the market, like gloves. Getting to billions of meso is hard as fuck and then we have nothing to buy. Most of them are just not playing the game waiting their item. I don’t believe it’s reasonable to keep having further goals when they are already frustrated and stuck in one goal, despite having the meso to get the desired item. Maple is a game that it’s mostly motivated by progression and with this way of thought you are telling us that our hard work heads more to nothingness than progression. Why HT for an item? The pace is so low that when you finally get the initial expected amount, the item gonna worth two times more. And now we have 6-10 active hexamage farmers and people think that they are the problem, when in reality the progression of the game is just unbearable atm. Few people HTing, few people farming/leeching, few people actually playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Maplemaple

Maplemaple Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Yeah they be incredibly rare huh? Only obtainable from gach yup. So thats why it can justify the inflation? Well if this game isnt balanced why is there balance patch, tweaks, nerfs, issue thread, etc? And who says youre "essentially" agreeing to play an unbalanced game? Nobody told me that when i started wtf. Never agreed to that. Is it the hidden rule of the hidden street or something? What exactly is the maplestory philosophy? Never played back then. Didnt know but surely not obligated to know theres such thing. I mean by now this server is already pretty far off from the good ol nostalgic early 2000s mushroom game according to some posts ive read am i wrong? And yet the servers trying to continue to improve. Why? Back then is back then, now is now no? Gotta move on but that dont mean ignore and skip out on the deficiencies either because that wouldnt be moving forward at all in the long run. Unless youre just tryna say "just play, deal with it, not my problem" type of stuff? Welp, sure can do although that certainly wont get rid of the problem. One could care less about the community, might as well play solo. I mean one day either this server will die out or we all gonna quit anyway

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    and prices inflate, washing driving away new players yada yada.

7. ThiagoPool

ThiagoPool Red Snail

Dec 17, 2021
    Why should anyone be compensated for the risks they chose to take? You chose to gamble, you lost, no need to take everyone with you on your sinking ship. The server and community should not continue taking a loss to appease a select few speculators.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The idea of a WS npc is so that the goal post of a perf weapon doesn't shift anymore. It doesn't matter you set the price at 15m, 150m or 1500m. It gives player a sense of target that they can definitely reach if they put in X amount of effort. It is fking tiring to try to chase an ever moving goalpost and to realise what X amount of effort is now X + Y, and when you did put in X + Y amount, it became X + Y + Z.

We all thought that boss coin could be this fixed goal post, eg 30 HT will be enough for a WS for a 6man runner, so that you can actually realistically boss your way to a perf weapon.
    But we all thought too much lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:30 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    'Twas the night before Patchmas and all through the forums
    A lot of Maplers were stirring, without any decorum
    The threads were hung by the forum with care
    In the hopes that St. GMs soon would be there
    The maplers were nestled all snug in their beds
    While visions of White Scrolls danced in their heads.
    My maple GF in her bathrobe and I with my depression
    Had just settled down for a long gachapon session.
    When out from the machine arose such a clatter
    I sprang from my sticky seat to see what was the matter
    Away to the chatbox I flew with a flash
    Saw all the whispers and knew there'd be cash
    The moonlight shown clearly my brand new White Scroll
    With a luster of Yellow Text to objects below.
    When what to my wondering eyes should center
    But a terrible guild and eleven of its members
    With a toxic funny driver so full of sin
    Well I knew in a moment, it must be St. Selquin
    More rapid than eagles, his coursers they came
    And he whistled and he shouted and he called them by name
    "On iies, on Akash, on Jake, on Fartsy and 8teen
    On Oradious, on MrPresident, on Joseph, on MattNL, on Joel and Kakine!
    To the top of the forums, to the top of the wall
    Now, dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
    As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly
    When they post toxicity all of the noobs surely will die
    So up to the rooftop the coursers they flew
    With a sleigh full of mesos to buy out your White scrolls too.
    And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
    The prancing, the pawing of each little hoof
    As I drew in my head and was turning around
    Down the chimney St. Selquin came with a bound
    He was dressed as a catgirl from his head to his foot
    And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot
    A bundle of mesos he had flung on his back
    And he looked like a peddler just op'ning his pack
    His eyes, how they stared blankly, his dimples, how scary
    His bow was perfect, dropping many HT in the cemetary
    His droll little mouth was making an offer I couldn't refuse
    As from the Gachapon I had received his great muse
    The stump of a Strawberry Icecream Bar, he held tight in his teeth
    And the Sharp Eyes, it encircled his head like a wreath
    He stared me down for my answer, and I told him 200mil
    That shook him with laughter (kek, kek, kek, kekw) and gave me a chill (kek, kek, kek, kekw)
    He was chubby and plump, a right toxic old boar
    And he laughed when he just took the WS right from my store
    A wink of his eye and my White Scroll was dead
    Soon gave me to know I had everything to dread
    As I owled to find White Scrolls at 250mil with irk
    He filled my coffers with 200mil, the jerk
    And laying a finger to the side of his nose
    And giving a nod up the chimney he rose
    He sprang to his sleigh, and to his team gave a whistle
    And away they all flew like the down of a thistle
    But I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight
    "Merry Patchmas to all and to all a badnight."

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    8:30 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    ay young trader wanna get some white scroll?
    real world, real work, swipe your mama ez ws (tight hole)
    country fundraiser, thats the server high toll
    ban ban ban wheres edann
    watch the price fly and forums will cry (oh no the supply)
    what a embarrasing thing, play six mages (fucked up)
    fix wages, the sheeple rages for ages (they gave up)

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
  12. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    You're the third person to respond to me without addressing what I said. You guys all have this great conspiracy there are a select few people controlling the entire whitescroll market to drive value up. Do you guys even understand the only accepted way of exchanging goods in the billions of mesos is by whitescroll trading? They're not holding to fuck people over, some people grind hundreds of hours to accumulate a few whitescrolls so they can buy their ideal piece of gear. If this were suddenly implemented, those people would be fucked over for no particular reasoning. Victims of timing. Personally, I have no interest in grinding billions of mesos. But I assure you if I grinded 7billion mesos, and the GMs arbitrarily took 3billion of it away because people are mad at the economy, I might quit. I'm not sure how rich you guys imagine some players are, like they're sitting on 50billion mesos in whitescrolls? Can anyone even substantiate these ideas? Would the GMs be willing to make any comment on investigations of this behavior?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The entire end-game market is priced based on utility/cost of scrolling said items. If white scrolls drop in price, the meso value of certain items would drop as well. A perfect dragon weapon doesn't cost 8b. It costs 32-40 ws. If the ws cost dropped to 150m, the cost of dragon weapons would drop to 5.2b in relation to white scroll. There is no scenario in which a perfect dragon weapon would go above the 40 ws price because that's typically what it costs to make one yourself.

Things like end-game capes would also drop in relation to chaos scroll pricing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    wrong statement, the perfect dragon weapon is the cost of 3/4 slots of WS10s + a function of +4/+3 price in the market.
    Demand aside, the meso value of the "function of +4/+3 price" is subjected to other considerations such as crafting and HT runs.

What you are saying is that WS dropped to 150m, those who spent mesos on WS10 when WS was 250m would be losing 100m per WS they bought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    A server wipe will bring down the prices.

• Like Like x 2