1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Blue Snail

Mar 27, 2020
    Male
    1:49 AM
    Zerukoba
    Warrior
    I likely be the only person who think the snail shells bit is the greatest part of the notes. I just really like the option of letting mages max out max MP skill asap without forcing them to deal 1 damage for like the next 3 hours. I know it virtually make no difference but it is a blessing on my OCD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kobakun

Kobakun Blue Snail

Dec 9, 2021
    Male
    12:49 AM
    Humiya
    Beginner
    so you wont be able to stand on the platform and heal at gs2 now? lmao k

3. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    4:49 PM
    Dragon Knight
    Damn this is an INSANE buff for

Magelanders. Magelander meta incoming. OP af

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Notorious

Notorious Mano

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Galbatorix, Balake
    Buccaneer
    Chroma, Funk
    I think good changes overall, definitely a lot of things going to be shaken up. My one concern is that the Temple of Time (an area only accessible after level 90 is it?) is the only place to trade chaos/white scrolls in. New players getting those scrolls from Gach will have to wait a long time before they can trade them in, and people with their chaos/white scrolls on level 10 mules will I guess have to either forget about the scrolls, level them, or maybe VIP tele rock to TOT? Unsure how that is going to work... but new players def getting hurt with this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    11:34 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Not really. New characters can access ToT. But I don’t see why it cannot be made more accessible or be in Vic island as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    4:49 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Time to move the Prestige Shop to Henesys

7. Notorious

Notorious Mano

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Galbatorix, Balake
    Buccaneer
    Chroma, Funk
    If I recall correctly, you can only be transformed into a dragon and go to TOT after level 90 or so, correct?? Maybe I am remembering wrong...

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:49 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Well technically, if aggro isn't being constantly switched 20 times per second, aggro should stick to one player more consistently. If things work as intended in a mass-player scenario (30 ppl or so), the % of time PB faces right shouldn't change. The difficulty is when you stop holding aggro, it is now up to player skill to re-grab the aggro.

9. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    1:49 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    which is the scarcest of all resources in the game :catmouth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Is it sad I am most excited about Three snails buff? LOL

Also can someone explain to me now that you need the Dragon Certificate for HT which involves killing Pianus that means you can't buy HT Pendants for your washers anymore or you can?

(Long Live MapleLegends!)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    New players stumbling upon hundreds of millions with no sense for the value of meso, no familiarity with the market and arguably no idea what to spend it on / how to spend it isn't a good thing. I'm okay with this

(there isn't a level cap though you just need to go Orbis -> Leafre -> ToT or Tele Rock)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:49 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You still can. Just need to do squad quest before lv.120, and technically, all 3 bosses drop certies can be leeched/muled easily if you have attacker chara/friend for helping.

13. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Thanks alot for clearing that up, just a little more hassle for overall more positive benefit. Can't argue with that.

14. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    single coin drops from bonus stage boxes seem fine imo. but at abysmal rates

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread
    Yup I also think cwk runs will significantly decrease since the others provide so much more incentive.

16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:49 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Pog islander buffs!

And the well needed buff to pickpocket on Assassinate!

Good patch / balance changes.

17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Trading a ws/cs for a coin punch (80-100) is quite painful. You lost like 10% of its value on average.
    I guess so. And there is already a lack of cwk runs because the lack of active cleave players. You always see cwk smega R> cleaves.

18. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    10:49 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    The first part makes sense, but I'm not sure I follow the rest. If most attackers are on the left side as they are in most runs, then someone on the left side would be more likely to acquire aggro each time. And from how I'm reading it, once said person acquires aggro, there would be no reliable way for someone else on the right side to acquire aggro until it wears off if rush-like effects no longer grab aggro and the bean can't be KB'd. The person on left side with aggro would have to cross over to right side (which would be a nightmare to resolve as it doesn't seem to be simply based on proximity, not to mention washing concerns) or everyone on left side would have to go far left to try to allow right side to reacquire aggro. I'm not sure how it could not be significantly harder to keep it facing right.

Could you explain? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    from what i gather,
    player grabs aggro once bean spawns, everyone starts attacking while player skillfully holds on to aggro(avoiding KB/dying?), aggro stays on player for extended period of time until he screws up.
    up to player skill to re-grab aggro though, is an interesting way to put it. implying that with considerable skills/knowledge we are able to grab aggro even with the changed mechanics?

20. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    7:49 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    oo we doomed to gamble our ws\cs with only a chance of lose HalloweenML