1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    10:47 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Oh one other thing I forgot to mention... No coin drops from CWKPQ bosses?

2. Prcivl

Prcivl Red Snail

Jul 30, 2020
    Male
    10:47 AM
    Persai
    Shadower
    As a shad, the three snails boof is pog

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    7:47 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    From what I understand, aggro will still swap every half a dozen seconds or so, so there is no method by which one can "skillfully" continuously hold onto aggro. If it only ever aggro'd onto the closest person then simply having all melee on right and all range on left alone would allow a group to reliably keep the bean facing right, which obviously isn't the case unless it's some sort of weighted function, and even if that were the case it would still amount to an rng fest, not a test of player skill.

I'm also not sure how true this would be, that these changes to mini beans would promote cleave inclusivity. From what I've observed, mini beans cancel almost immediately after getting hit the overwhelming majority of the time. The other times the mini beans are just killed quickly enough that they don't get the opportunity to. By doubling their HP, making them holy immune and removing their fire/ice weaknesses, they are much more likely to survive long enough to cancel, and once cancelled no amount of cleavers will help deal with them. They would either flock aimlessly or clutter all over the bean either until the AMs eventually kill them or until their cancel finally ends.

And even if they were able to be killed quickly enough it would only mean that they still die too quickly to pose any real obstacle such that cleavers would be necessary. If anything, this change would only serve to make bringing AMs almost mandatory (more so FPs with the current predicament with ILs and statue phase) but do nothing for the actual cleavers that I believe this change is intended to help. To have that desired effect, I believe there would have to be some combination of changes involving one or more of the following: removing wep cancels, further increasing mini bean HP, adding magic cancels to the mix, increasing frequency of summons, and/or increasing amount of mini beans spawned.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Miniskirt

Miniskirt Slime

Nov 15, 2020
    10:47 PM
    Miniskirt
    Corsair
    Perion
    :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:47 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Please give some love in CWKPQ, thanks. please...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/swordarts-meso-making-guide.43614/

Do ravana and pap runs daily if possible.
    Lots of npcable items, and some can be sold in fm

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ijw0908

ijw0908 Slime

Jun 16, 2020
    Beginner
    i am also wondering this. can someone confirm this?

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Side note, as I've been asked a few times about the meaning of the cancel changes. To give an example, if we assume:
    • Monster only has weapon cancel and magic cancel as available skillls
    • Both cancels last 30 seconds, but have a cooldown of 60
    Currently on live:
    0:00 WC starts
    0:30 WC ends
    0:45 boss tries to cast skill, but because WC is still on cooldown, it'll cast MC
    Repeats indefinitely

Next patch:
    0:00 WC starts
    0:30 WC ends
    0:45 boss tries to cast skill, both WC and MC are still on cooldown, it won't cast either cancel
    1:00 boss chooses either WC or MC at random

Hopefully this elaborates some more on how cancels are supposed to behave next patch.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    NiseNise Will there is a pick up message when someone loots the coin pouch and/or a message to say how many coin is obtained from the coin pouch when opened, similiar to how the existing key item looting in boss runs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Syrinz

Syrinz Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Sep 22, 2020
    Female
    Xyrinz
    Bishop
    Beaters
    not sure if this has been suggested but regarding the HT prequest changes, is it possible to allow us to exchange our refined daggers
    to get back mithril and steel plates used, cus this changes is too sudden

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:47 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    No star recharge balances again? How about bullet prices vs mtk prices since we need stacks of mtk now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Loving the new patch except for one thing.

[​IMG] should not be changed imo.
    The little parts that are so innocent where we can still be nostalgic should remain nostalgic. Especially early in the game. For some this is so little, but I'm really not a fan of these Legends systems where you'd have 3 mages or 378 fame mules. This is only going to stimulate more fame mules. It truly takes away the Legends philosophy of a 'harder' and longer server.

Yes, I am aware that this change is little, but the 1% rule applies here. I believe that every 1% that doesn't have to be changed for the greater good of longevity should remain the same. Mid to End-game however is a different story.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You probably won't like my "end of the year" topic very much if you are supportive of nostalgia instead of making the game better. The truth is, the more I looked into changes Neckson made (not counting their p2w garbage of course) the more supportive I am of most of them. Neckson was definitely aware of how utterly broken pre-bb was already, and tried to make quite a few changes that for one made ways to permanently break your character much less of an issue, and some things like three snails more useful.

"Nostalgia" is different for everyone, and v0.67 is 2009 MapleStory, which is only slightly later than v0.62. Some grew up later, some grew up earlier. However, "nostalgia" just runs out quicker than "fun and logic" does, which is why this change is made now, and more will come in future.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I think islanders should give input on this patch - for I believe this affects them the most.

Whether 3 snails is more effective compared to pure str/dex before level 10, I have no idea. But I def did not struggle in maple island when making a warrior or brawler

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    What about... people actually starting their first character? People starting a second or third or fourth or whatever character have advantages already by knowing the game, using cash shop storage for buffs, etc... so that barely matters.

This change is to make the experience for new users more smooth. Experienced users really do not need more help than they already do, since there are many cash shop items such as weather buffs that can get them through Maple Island regardless.

Also... fame mules? Is there even a challenge making these, to begin with?

• Agree Agree x 12
  16. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Making a fame mule? Not so much. Making 250 fame mules, I'd say there's a challenge there.

17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is probably the part where we disagree with each other: Tediousness is not a challenge. Something taking time is not a challenge. Voting every 24 hours for 2 months for AP resets is not a challenge; it's a literal waitwall that you can't speed up. Making 250 fame mules is not a challenge, it's just doing the same (possibly quicker now) tedious task 250 times.

The possible issue I see is that you currently run a fame service, and you are afraid more people are now going do the same, lowering your profits.

18. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I do not compete in things I disagree with. I do not have multiple mages, and I do not run a fame service.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you're making 250 fame mules chances are you have an Islander to speed run all the quests. Stop kidding yourself mate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Last comment I'm going to post since no one agrees anyway

This comment is a little silly. Do you not see the difference between collecting 5000 red snail shells vs just having them for free?

• Disagree Disagree x 1