1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2021.

1. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    1:25 PM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    White scroll and Chaos scroll should not be fixed to the same price. Chaos scroll was always cheaper than white scroll before and should therefore also be it now. The demand for white scrolls will always be higher for chaos scrolls, because you need a shit load of white scrolls to perfect items (weapon usually being the first to upgrade) whereas chaos scrolls take fewer unless you really try to get maybe something redicules like 29 wa gaia cape. Chaos scrolls should be slightly cheaper than white scrolls, so it will apear more. I suggest respectively a 5-15% nerf in exchange of prestige coins (85-95 coins = chaos scrolls) or 110 coins for white scroll. I know its eassier for GM's to deal with the number 100..., but this is a lot of hours of work if you plan on farming chaos scrolls in the future for everyone.

You could argue that Chaos scrolls just have the price because people buy more white scrolls and therefore the price with chaos - and white scrolls should be 1:1. Would say this is the main flaw of this system the price for items is what GM's feels is the right price regardless of what is demanded the most and will be Fixed for many months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hello all,

I saw some concerns about the position the prestige shop will be at, so we've also decided to place one in Henesys now. We are however aware the NPC does not really fit the area, so we probably look into making themed or a new NPC altogether in future.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:25 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Before replying to this, I went on and did some more extensive testing (just to be sure). If we assume that the entire expedition is where the IL cast CL and it bounces to the right bird, the statue SHOULD NOT AGGRO. From what's understood about normal aggro and how it's supposed to (huge emphasis on supposed to) function, you need to satisfy BOTH of the following elements:
    1. Be attacking it or recently have attacked it
    2. Be within range of its normal attacks (different from skills)
    This is different from auto-aggro/proximity aggro, which does not require #1 and only requires #2. With the next patch while its skills have a map-wide range, its normal attack range was changed to be larger BUT NOT MAP WIDE. The left bound remains the same as before, while the right bound now extends to the entire right side. Hopefully this clears up some misunderstandings on how the changes to statue aggro effects I/Ls.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    8:25 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Despite the extensive testing & of everyone I usually trust your inputs, should not aggro and huge emphasis on supposed to just isn't good enough to justify risking PB run for 20 other runners.
    Also, with "assume that the entire expedition is where the IL cast CL" being pointed out, we can't have I/L casting CL when Munin is up. I'm almost too certain the entire expedition will not be at where the I/L casts CL.
    I could be wrong if "Be within range of its normal attacks (different from skills)" only applies to whoever has already hit Munin. But if this was the case then it would have created a "safe zone" for accidental hits, and it's arguably another form of aggro abuse.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Those terms just need to be used, because a lot of things can't be internally tested, such as lag, people from multiple regions, 20 people running in general, etc. At the end of the day, unintended behaviour could still occur, and if that's the case it should be reported like usual and we look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    9:25 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    just a bit of bishop talking after thinking better about the changes, endgame community already can foresee paladins being over-tuned in statues due to squads now being able to clear statues 1 by 1 and also by getting the most of out their kit now that they can hit max damage on right bird. Pallys were never bad to begin with and now that they are godly at statues is it even justified to remove holy resistance from body? This is where the bishop talking comes, because I would gladly trade it back to being able to hit minibeans, I'm leaning on thinking that pallys don't really need the holy neutrality to merit this bishop change, besides it's not like bishops will get to use this body 'buff' because they are mostly muled anyway, at least there was some utility going on with the minibeans

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:25 PM
    It's not just pallies, you're benefitting too from full angel ray dmg on the bean.

8. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    As a bishop I don't want this change if it means not hitting minibeans with genesis. I'd rather utility than dps
    My point is that the change isn't really justified because pally balance was already ok and now that they are even better at statues I don't see the point of pb body holy neutrality at expenses of bishops supportive role

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:25 PM
    You can argue you had too much utility in the past. Being able to do res, holy shielding and mini bean clearing all at the same time. You'd only really bring arch mages for the memes cause let's face it in the past archmages were a nice to have for bean clearing and pure body dmg but bishops could've done the same mini bean clear and an NL would suffice for both body and statue dmg.

Now you actually want an archmage instead of overstacking bishops. You still have the most important utilities (res and holy shield even moreso now).

10. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    you mean that utility that any level 150 bishop mule can do? Because if we are trying to be real, that's the case for almost every squad now, including ours where we mule 2~3 bishops. The only distinctive quality for bishop mains was being able to do serious damage to minibeans. We do dps body but it's like whatever, not really the main point of the class, it was fine being half while minibeans could be attacked. Now this pally buff just make bishops sink further as a mule class.

11. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    The problem is that it’ll still sed when you start killing the right man, since you’ll be in range and it’ll wake up. Therefore I’d definitely don’t want an IL in my party so that we can save the annoying seds for dead last

12. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    8:25 AM
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread
    Any eta for completion?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    when it's done

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. TigerEgg

TigerEgg Mano

Jul 4, 2020
    Male
    Doom
    Night Lord
    can't agree more. i don't know why we are continuing to reward people with the best profit for the least effort

15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Quad mage is one of the most effort one can do on this server, in terms of gear (if doing it at lower lvls), time to level 14x and in general patience / skill required to operate 4+ clients continously for a long time.

I am against all the multiclienting bullshit but hey, at least the work required to operate quad mage requires effort from the player.

Clicking one button in GS2 with no hit requires zero brain, even a monkey can do it.

[​IMG]
    ^ This is the average gs2 priest farming to lvl 119, getting a ton of gacha.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:25 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's okay as we can still afk while leeching, it's even easier than pushing one button. And when your seller is finished and logged off you get a free teleport to town when the next cleric CC's in and murders you.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  17. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Does the increased range of mobs in Ghost Ship affect characters hanging on ropes?

18. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    It probably does but it won't affect leeching situations. If your leecher is one-shotting mobs, they're never going to have time to aggro and attack you back

(this would also be true on the stairs)

19. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    This does affect me since I wish to self-leech with my low-level priest (lv 82) who is unable to one-hit mobs yet.

20. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    If this proves to be true, this might be an indirect nerfs to Ghost Ship leeching. Moving forward, there will always exists a possibility that a random player could enter the map, accidently draw minion aggro, and knock off any afk leechers, thereby ruining leech for both the buyer and seller. If this was the intended result, then I'm fine with that. If not, a simple approach could be to add minion spawning points to stairs and knock any afk heal/ice strike/explosion/arrow rain/arrow explosion while still keeping the pipes as a safe spot for leechers.