1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important The end of 2021.

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Dec 31, 2021.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:55 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    may i ask you
    1. ur level and gears
    2. who are those unsatisfied with the server
    3. why a wipe is needed to fix things ppl are unsatisfied with
    thanks

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Preacher logs in and beg people to roll him and logs off, while stuck in a 15x IL. Has already asked me to roll him so he could finally quit. I don’t think this is the best approach for the discussion, but it’s annoying seeing people who don’t wanna play the game come to the forum to support a wipe

• Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I think a wipe is legitimately a good idea, if it can actually solve the core issues plaguing the server. Sure I’d be upset that I’d lose all my mesos and levels distributed across my characters, but if a better game can come out of it I’d be okay.

I love old school MapleStory, and I’d rather see the game in an even more fine-tuned state than be held back by my material gains.

Also, I really wouldn’t worry about a wipe right now. Even if they started making a new server tomorrow, it could take years before it comes to fruition if they really want to dig deep and make it a server worthy of being the successor of current ML. There would be more notice and details than a vague end of the year post.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Preacher

Preacher Red Snail

Dec 5, 2019
    Male
    Preacher
    Magician
    Dude I've been actively playing everyday and sometimes I say if I lose this roll I'll quit the server just because it's so depressing when you lose a huge roll. but in reality you never really quit or at least I don't.

And bro I'm not stuck in level 150 I knew my post would get some scrutiny but if you disagree you could have just disagreed without trying to say I have no right to even have an opinion because I said this thing one time.

Seems a bit childish imo. you do you bro. The only thing annoying to you is somebody voicing an opinion that is contradictive to yours. Lets be honest here. You act like a 12 year old.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I respect your right to have this opinion. I’m just clarifying the bias of it. You really don’t know how tough is it to farm hundreds of ws in this game. Defending a wipe is what sounds childish to me, thinking that everything gonna magically be solved and that there won’t be new problems, all paid by the players who most played the game. I’d rather just see the server close than a wipe without a really good reason. And like i said before, a announcement talking about wipe after a long waited and necessary patch wasn’t in good taste

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:55 PM
    Hero
    you talking about losing your characters and gear but think about me being the nr. 1 axe hero in the game having the nr. 1 axe in the game.
    even so i would still be pumped to play if a future wipe was to come with no hp washing and leeching.

• Great Work x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Those two last comments make clear for the community what kind of supporters the wipe have

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Y'all can chill on the wipe hype, as Pasta mentioned earlier, there are no plans for a wipe and we have lots of cool content in the pipeline.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    a lv150 mage fm roller and a 4 30% timeless axe owner (aka the best 2h axe hero wow really nice considering the high amount of hardcore 2h axe heroes) supporting the wipe. you guys didnt work in this game, thats why T.T
    but you guys are right. as kimmy said, you should play for friends and memories. i am the wrong one who focused on a faster progress

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:55 PM
    Hero
    dont be mad you aint got swag.
    play your mages for hours on end as much as you like, you ll still never measure up to the Axe Boss

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    :heartbeat: MIRRORRRRRR + staff

CONTENT HYPE!!!

MOARRRRRR

a3827cd361e94934a300f7d4c7b41f9f348fba88ea29362d1e47f9f763f6d27f.gif

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    6:55 PM
    renew
    I have a hard time seeing a wipe this late into the game is the way to go, it could as easily simply harvest all loyal gamers to look for something more stable.
    Is it possible you could maybe open a new World, instead of scaring us half to death bringing up server wipe so many times

Personally I like this frakenstein monster you speak of

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    7:55 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Bro you are unnecessarrily vindictive. Your opinion isn't worth more no matter what you think about others.

Y'all 'OMG A WIPE' people needa chill. Nowhere does it state you can expect a wipe within reasonable timeframe completely blindsiding you.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    How depressing that an annual thread about the state and roadmap of the game has turned into a cringe gearcheckfest to somehow determine if someone is worthy of having an opinion on the sacrificial repercussions of a wipe.

Sure, we get it, you sank more hours into this game effectively chasing progression, but we'd all lose things to a wipe.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  15. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    "An uncertain 2022"

Funny thing is that all of you supporting a wipe can't even answer 3 simple questions I've made. Y'all are focusing totally on the "toxic" 1st question. And at this point I don't even consider toxic, since you are literally saying "fuck you" to all our progress.
    Tell me more about what you gonna lose!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Time to chill Fael, just read any of the messages from Mirrors and Pasta.. there's no need to be anxious of any kind of wipe for the foreseeable future. Enjoy the game as it is and go make some 10 att stompers :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    2:55 PM
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    Although I struggle to come up with an eloquent way to put my thoughts, I will try my very best:

I feel MapleStory as a whole is an uphill battle, you have books worth 200m+ that have 50% chance working, you have scrolls, you have gachapon, you have all these luck-based mechanics in the game yet what makes the most difference is not luck itself but consistency.
    Most people got sick equips not by being lucky one time, but because they were consistent and didn't gave up. I think this is the major problem with the wipe as "the progression" they worked for years will be lost forever.

We have to remember that nothing is permanent and things are bound to end someday. Although it brings me peace and happiness that I did my best and met wonderful people, I would like for a way to keep at least a bit of what we have right now, not in the form of progression, items or mesos but maybe to keep the old rankings pre-wipe or to give those who reached lvl 120+ pre-wipe a badge on forums. It doesn't have to be something grand but just enough to recognize your existence and efforts.

Even if you don't play again after wipe, you can always comeback to the homepage and look at your now gone character through rankings. It could be a bittersweet experience but that itself is better than bitter alone.

This comes from someone who is not afraid to lose what she owns but to forget everything I accomplished so far.

Now that my rant is done, I want to thank Kimmy for being upfront with how she feels, it might not be easy and some might not like it but communication is something we have to engage in to have understanding. Thank you Kimmy!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    pls not for me, id be so ashamed

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. chicleapeso

chicleapeso Snail

Jan 3, 2022
    Male
    Waldos
    Dark Knight
    I think Legends has been doing alright overall, I hardly disagree with what is implemented. Most of the things I disagree with are mostly added warps, movement enhancements and annoying cash items with particles that take one fourth of your screen when you jump(The no req for the snail shell skill is one of them too). When I started playing the server in 2019 the only thing I didn't like was the fm button. And quite recently the temple of time warps and short boat rides. But I still think the server has much more pros than cons. I like the class balances and new ways to farm gach tickets cause it makes it more challenging which is something I like from adventure games like maple. I like the low exp rates as well. And I don't really mind starting over either. I quitted original maple because I wanted the old school maple nostalgia. And I spend too much time in my characters, but the game was simply not the same anymore. So I checked out private servers and I found a way to relive those times. I quitted so many servers including royals because they were not nostalgic enough or were shut down. Legends has been the one that keeps the best balance at the moment. It's obviously not perfect to my liking but it does the best job so far. So even if the server were to be shut down, start over or change out of my liking. I still want to say that until now I've had a good experience in this server. Definitely in my top three favorite servers I have ever played. If the server stays alive in the future I'll definitely keep donating.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    2:55 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    This was an interesting and thoughtful post I might need to read a second time later on. Two things I gather are the very real interest in a clean slate server and also how keen you remain on specific changes. You're a maple historian and I'm sure you've put together a team of curators like yourself. A clean slate could be refreshing for everyone but I hope everyone gets proper down time to refresh before a full launch some time in the distant future. With any luck, ML3 will be in 15 yrs when I reach my midlife crisis.
    Thanks again Kimmy,
    Bold

• Friendly Friendly x 3