1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Seannnn

Seannnn Snail

Nov 30, 2021
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Any solutions?

2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    new crossover bottle install time:
    "InstallTime"=dword:6a0b2e3b
    "NagTime"=dword:6c492adc

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Escargot

Escargot Red Snail

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    11:08 AM
    Escargot
    Priest, Bishop
    Lore
    Hey hoping someone can help me out here.

Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Monterey
    Describe the error: I recently got the Mac mini with M1 chip and tried running MapleLegends on crossover. I'd double click the client, the icon in the tray shows up but after 2 seconds it just disappears and nothing occurs. I've already installed the XQuartz fix.
    Last Run Log:

Running launcher: MapleLegends (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk)
    Command-line options:
    Bottle: MapleLegends_2021
    Debug channels:
    Extra environment variables (null)

CrossOver 21.1.0.33869
    macOS Version 10.16 (Build 21A559)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_CA

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/py/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    1425: Grabbing the '/var/folders/29/dwxkgz4n2y7ggk3vyw41dwl00000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000010-118ef8.lock' lock
    1425: Got the '/var/folders/29/dwxkgz4n2y7ggk3vyw41dwl00000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000010-118ef8.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/py/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends_2021/cxbottle.conf)
    1425: Releasing the '/var/folders/29/dwxkgz4n2y7ggk3vyw41dwl00000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000010-118ef8.lock' lock
    CXRWConfig->new(/Users/py/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends_2021/cxmenu.conf)
    '/Users/py/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends_2021/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
    Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk'
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "MapleLegends_2021" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/MapleLegends.lnk" --cx-log -'
    005c:fixme:font:eek:pentype_enum_font_names handle name format 1
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9403
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9407
    002c:fixme:font:eek:pentype_enum_font_names handle name format 1
    0024:fixme:font:eek:pentype_enum_font_names handle name format 1
    00b0:fixme:font:eek:pentype_enum_font_names handle name format 1
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
    rosetta error: LDT 100f32602d831bf not supported

4. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    4:08 PM
    Download crossover version v.20.0.2 or v.20.0.4 as described in the main post ~

5. crazykal

crazykal Red Snail

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    11:08 PM
    crazykal
    Priest
    SweetDream
    I had follow all the instruction , but when I launch maple legend the crossover still showing my version is expired, so any way to solve it?

Attached Files:

6. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    See the instructions under "Bottle Expired" on the first page of this thread.

7. crazykal

crazykal Red Snail

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    crazykal
    Priest
    SweetDream
    May I know the where is the install time and nagtime at? cause I find so long and don't see it

Attached Files:

8. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Use command+find and search "installtime"

• Like Like x 1
  9. crazykal

crazykal Red Snail

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    crazykal
    Priest
    SweetDream
    It works! Thanks a lot

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    "InstallTime"=dword:6a1bb06b
    "NagTime"=dword:6c59b48c

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Not sure if still needed but

"InstallTime"=dword:6a138f87
    "NagTime"=dword:6c518b60

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    10:08 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Hello I am having some mac issues. My client freezes while the music still plays. I have tried double clicking on my character, pressing enter, and selecting "select character" but it still freezes while playing music.
    [​IMG]
    I have also tried double click on my character, pressing enter, and also tried selecting "enter game" but it doesnt work and freezes while still playing the music
    [​IMG]
    One thing to note is that although I haven't updated crossover in forever, the settings are more or less greyed (especially performance enhanced graphics)
    [​IMG]

I tried everything in the troubleshoot but it won't let me log on.

13. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    My friend have the same issue and have tried most fixes without luck.

Problem has been since he updated his Mac M1 to the new "Monterey OS". Is that the main reason it doesnt work?

I got a MAC M1 and it works just fine here, but i didnt update from BigSur yet.

14. ThorX

ThorX Snail

Jan 2, 2022
    Male
    zkThor
    Hermit
    Fraternity
    Hi all! I can't seem to download the MAC patch.

When clicking the link on Kimmy's post for Crossover, I get the following:

> I get a page that says file is too big to scan for viruses, download anyways?
    > Click on download anyways, nothing happens
    > Click again
    > Get "Access to doc-10-9s.docs[...].com was denied

I've tried across different browsers, as well as incognito mode. Any help would be appreciated!

15. sameeralami

sameeralami Blue Snail

Jan 3, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    Hi, its a new player, I tried using wineskin and I cannot download from the first link provided. The form provided a second link to click, but I cannot click it.

16. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:08 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Try downloading from here instead: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-full-version-january-3-2022.23264/

Additionally, for those who tried running ML from Crossover 21, what errors did you guys get? I finally got around to experimenting with it and it seems to work perfectly fine on my end.

Also, there is no simple fix for the stuck in char select issue I'm afraid, it's very temperamental and different solutions seem to fix for different people :(

17. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    10:08 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Running launcher: MapleLegends (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk)
    Command-line options:
    Bottle: MapleLegends30Dec2021-MAC
    Debug channels:

CrossOver 20.0.4.33197
    macOS Version 10.16 (Build 20F71)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_US

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    87252: Grabbing the '/var/folders/tm/tlh2bkds5d59552fvhj5h9zh0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-ed4434.lock' lock
    87252: Got the '/var/folders/tm/tlh2bkds5d59552fvhj5h9zh0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-ed4434.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends30Dec2021-MAC/cxbottle.conf)
    87252: Releasing the '/var/folders/tm/tlh2bkds5d59552fvhj5h9zh0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-ed4434.lock' lock
    CXRWConfig->new(/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends30Dec2021-MAC/cxmenu.conf)
    '/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MapleLegends30Dec2021-MAC/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
    Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk'
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "MapleLegends30Dec2021-MAC" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/MapleLegends.lnk" --cx-log -'
    0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseApcHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenApcHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenHandleHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseSocketHandle' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCreateSocketHandle' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseHandleHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenCurrentThread' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseThread' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahQueueUserApc' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCompleteRequest' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseApcHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenApcHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenHandleHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseSocketHandle' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCreateSocketHandle' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseHandleHelper' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahOpenCurrentThread' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCloseThread' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahQueueUserApc' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'ws2_32.WahCompleteRequest' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WS2HELP.dll". If you are using builtin L"WS2HELP.dll", try using the native one instead.
    002a:fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
    002a:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0.
    002a:fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card_vendor Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR "Apple". Returning HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA.
    002a:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
    002a:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff
    002a:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff
    002e:err:wininet:FTP_Connect Unable to connect (10061)
    002a:fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_Restore (0C6B99D0):stub
    002a:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.
    002a:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (00010056, 0A1C4FE8): stub
    002a:fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_Restore (0C744248):stub
    002a:fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vsprintf_s options 24 not handled
    002a:err:msacm:MSACM_GetRegistryKey No alias needed for registry entry

There isn't any link posted for the crossover in that link you sent. this is what happens when we use the previous patch:
    [​IMG]

18. sameeralami

sameeralami Blue Snail

Jan 3, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah, so like I said earlier, even after going to the Jan 3 patch date, I couldn't click on the second link. Any way to somehow get that going?

The first link I pressed sent me to a google link for download which then refused to load for some reason..

19. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I've heard some people that were running into problems with crossover on current patch that they downloaded Parallels and it seemed to work just fine with that. could give it a try!

20. xMatchaLatte

xMatchaLatte Red Snail

Dec 4, 2021
    Cleric
    Hi all, I'm on macOS catalina but I wasnt able to add the latest patched version (see error below). Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

Edit: I was able to install it after multiple times of trying.... not sure why

Attached Files: