1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best class for a beginner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UndeRateds, Jan 5, 2022.

1. UndeRateds

UndeRateds Snail

Jan 5, 2022
    Male
    12:25 PM
    UndeRateds
    I have downloaded Maple Legends today, and it's the first time I'm playing a private server.
    In the last two years, I played on GMS reboot as a Demon Slayer as main and enjoyed his type of gameplay. Unfortunately, I don't remember the classes at this version, so I would like to hear your recommendations for an early game class suitable for unfunded players, Thanks. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    3:25 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Welcome to ML :heartbeat:

Here's some general guides to get started, some are very detailed... but can just play whatever you feel like is fun tbh:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/which-job-should-i-pick-a-guide.35937/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/all-classes-review-maplelegends-2021.42447/

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/exact-guide-for-1-35-in-under-6-hours.29751/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-guide-to-starting-out-and-making-money.7563/

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...egends-efficiently-and-become-a-madman.32119/

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    9:25 PM
    Dragon Knight
    Are you planning on playing for a long time? If so, your best choice in order is bishop then ice lightning, then dark knight/hero, then fire poison, then paladin, then shadower.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    7:25 PM
    Bishop
    Hi. Here's a good guide for what you want.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/which-job-should-i-pick-a-guide.35937/

Usually beginners pick classes like Magician --> Bishop and use that class to fund their other class, but there's no 'right way' of playing the game and people play as they would like. Magicians are the best for funding bar none, however. However, some of the ranged classes like Thieves, Archers, and Pirates are amongst the more advanced classes for endgame purposes, and are usually saved for last when people are funded or have NX for HP Washing. If you just want to play casually though it's no big deal what you play as, but keep in mind some classes are still more difficult to begin with.

The top classes usually recommended for beginners are Magician (Cleric/Priest/Bishop), Warriors (usually Spearman but any can do), and Shadowers (Thief -> Bandit -> Chief Bandit -> Shadower).

5. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Read the guides linked above, and then honestly best advice is just play what you enjoy best.
    you can always make more characters along the way

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    mage is easy mode and boring.
    shadower and warriors are decent at making $ and pretty fun.

7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    7:25 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    best non mage class to start is paladin

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:25 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I don't have fun playing with mage, i agree with LynxLynx that u need do something that you like/have fun,
    as -Toon-Toon saied, paladin is great

9. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Yep, if you don't have fun, you're just gonna end up quitting.
    Fun first, everything else after.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:25 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Any melee class is great starters, if yr not looking at mages.

Personal opinion, don't look at meta too hard as it changes over time. Heroes are considered most balance class in 2019 but yet weakest in 2020, despite no nerfs to this class. Paladin is 2nd weakest in 2019 before PB's release, and currently 3rd strongest in 2020 after the buff in the latest balance patch.

Except for low-funded mage (below 100m weapon + shield), every class can participate in lower level bosses such as zakumn, krex, jc and 5-6 man cwkpq without much worry. I swing a 35m 122wa claymore on my hero (current weakest class) from lvl 110 to 168, and was never rejected once for low damage in zak, krex jc, 5 man cwkpq and verga.

• Friendly Friendly x 2