1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Messenger for Coin Pouch contents

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, Jan 6, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:31 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I found out today that coin pouches send a system message for everyone if they are opened in the boss/expedition map they are received in. This is great for scenarios/bosses like jc/krex where it's common for strangers to boss together through random recruiting. While in the past, drops were mostly handled through rolling, I think most groups have adjusted to evenly splitting contents.

The problem lies in the very exploitable situation of an unfaithful host that loots the coin pouch and then fails to open the pouch in the expedition. If they open the pouch outside of the map, it becomes much more tedious to verify the contents of the pouch which opens the door for hosts to scam the splits.

For example - let's say there's a JC trio and they clear with 5 seconds remaining on the clock. Host picks up all the loots, and they are ported outside of the map. Host opens bag, finds 3 coins but lets the party know only 1 dropped. Rather than verifying via screenshot (requires extraneous tools like exchanging of discord information which is a huge hassle), the host themselves could basically run off with 2 free coins in addition to rolling for the third.

My suggestion: make the coin pouch mega messenger (same map) the contents of the pouch so that it's not restricted to the expedition map itself. This would keep hosts more honest in these types of situations.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:31 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Sounds easy enough to implement and avoid any potential scams even though they probably wont happen often.

Also noticed that currently there are no messages at all when you pick one up or open one at Papulatus

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:31 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Just tell your host to sell the bag instead if you don't trust them

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    For things like JC and Krex where you run with strangers and generally roll for items, this wouldn't be ideal. Like I said, there are obvious work arounds that require extraneous effort (discord), but I think it'd be much better to have that transparency built into the game itself.

I'm not sure if it's a coding issue with how drops work, but I'm confused as to why pouches exist if bosses could just drop X number of pog coins within a set range. It'd get rid of the gambling aspect of pog coins and offer full transparency right off the bat instead of making it a two-step process.

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:31 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Based on how drops work, it's not possible for coins to drop in huge ranges, which is why v1 of the system only required 15 coins. The max that could be done probably was like ~5 coins being dropped, and then there are the other boss drops that have to be taken into consideration (eg. MW30, MW20, HTP, Zhelm, etc).

There unfortunately was no way to make the system granular if bosses directly dropped coins. Hence pouches, which is only 1 drop and could be adjusted for a wider range of coins to be dropped.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ah yeah I assumed it as such. I'm guessing you cannot adjust the quantity of the item stack like mesos. I had my suspicions about the coding restrictions because it seems weird to me that NT bosses drop only 1 NT coin as well.

I have no issues with the pouch itself. I just find it weird that Pouch 5 is the reward for exchanging a full white scroll when a Pouch 6 could have been introduced for that specific purpose.

7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    What about making pouches give a fixed amount of coins, but making the boss drop a variable amount of pouches? For example, instead of bosses dropping one pouch that gives 4-8 coins, make it drop up to 4 pouches that always give 2 coins each (or 2 pouches that always give 4 coins each)?

8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Too late, I opened all my pouches

9. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bumping this thread because it seems like the system message isn't even applied across all boss maps. For example, Papulatus doesn't give you a message.

upload_2022-1-12_11-2-21.png

upload_2022-1-12_11-2-31.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yeah mentioned before that at the papulatus map it does not work, I believe all other boss maps work fine though

11. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just confirmed that Krex does not have a system message in the map itself either.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Well it works in the fitness event map atleast.

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    The prestigious coin opening follows the same rules as the "special loot" chat message that shows up when someone picks up specific drops like Zakum helmets, some skillbooks, and others; one of these rules, to reduce chat cluttering, is that this message only shows up in instanced maps, which makes sense when we deal with boss drops to keep track of right after a boss is defeated.
    Krexel and Papulatus aren't instanced, which did slip my mind honestly, I'll be looking into giving their drops some love aswell.

As per the original suggestion; it would be simple to remove the instanced restriction for the coin notification, but that means that every bag opening would be broadcast to the whole map, which might get messy if many people open their bags for example in FM.

If the benefits are still superior, then we can look into making this happen for the next patch.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1